How to clean atomizer

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by Kit, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kit

Kit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Does anyone know the best way to sustain atomizer life heard allsorts of ways from cleaning in alcohol to running a cold tap through the atomizer, any one have a good way and how often do you clean it? all methods of cleaning atomizer appreciated
    Cheers
    :lol: Kit

2. CaSHMeRe

CaSHMeRe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

what type of atomizer are you talking about?

mini e-cig, classic, cigar, pipe ??? lots of different types.

3. Kit

Im talking about the DSE-901 -V9 :idea:

4. Mr.Darcy

Mr.Darcy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

whats happened kit.you having problems?depends whats the symptoms are.fill us in.

5. sanneke

sanneke Moved On

I know that when you have the penn style, it's good to take the cart out at night, and leave it on a paper towel upsidedown.

You'll see liquid in the morning on the paper towel.

Harry from Janty also states that you can run the atomiser under warm water, add a little detergent, rinse very good, dry it with a hairdryer, and leave it sitting overnight.

I have done that, and it does make a difference.

6. Kit

No problems yet mate but not got any spares i just dont want it to burn out only had it 5 days and Ive heard its good to keep it clean ? or do you not bother Darcy :)

7. Kit

Thanks sanneke anybody else have any different methods :?:

8. Kit

9. RatInDaHat

RatInDaHat Peace, I'm outta here Verified Member ECF Veteran

she, sanneke, is right. i've used isopropyl alcohol as well, but i haven't seen any magic from any of the cleaning methods. maybe a marginal increase in vapor but not ground-shaking.

I have started to drain mine overnight though.

-Dusty-

10. Kit

Rat are you talking about draining atomizer by leaving it up right ?

11. sanneke

sanneke Moved On

kit, you do not leave the cartridge upsidedown, you leave the atomiser upsidedown on a paper towel and let it drain.

12. Kit

AAHHH i get you now cheers sanneke will try that tonight

13. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Likewise, I haven't noticed earth-shaking differences after cleaning. I've used both the alcohol and running water methods. Some atomizers seemed to work better after cleaning (but not much better). I drowned one in the water. Another tasted of rubbing alcohol for days. Bottom line: I rarely resort to cleaning them, but do stand them on end periodically to drain the crud out.

It seems to me that a death blow for atomizers is letting liquid evaporate overnight and leave solids of crud on the atomizer. That crud comes from particulates in the liquid. Remember that whatever you find on your atomizer is duplicated inside your lungs. I think the quality of E-Liquid is underestimated in its influence on both our atomizers and the long-term consequences of e-smoking. And what do we really know?

My own plan involves fine lab filtering of liquids before I use them for vapor. Course, I'm working with a lot of homebrew stuff, but I plan to filter E-Cig's liquids that I still have. The fewer particulates the better -- for me and the atomizers.

14. Kit

The crud as you put it bob how do you get rid of that on your atomizer or does it just burn of! and you really think then these e cigs could be really bad for you after all interesting :? we will have to see the test results from malaysia next year to come to a conclusion KIT

15. TropicalBob

I don't think they're bad for us, no. I e-smoke. But I think quality of E-Liquid varies, and some contains more particulates than others. I do know that Ruyan publicly announced late last year that it would not use tobacco plant extract in its liquids; the extract dirtied core filters. Why? Particulates. Look at a core after smoking some E-Cig liquid. It gets filthy in a hurry. That filth is trapped particulates.

Now, I have no idea what crud forms on the atomizers, but it does. In other posts, Dr. Loi suggested scraping the atomizers with a needle to loosen the crud. Wow! I'm not surgically skilled and I fear I'd kill any atomizer I touched with a needle. But he noted the buildup and has been searching for a suitable cleaning solution.

16. Kit

E-Liquid Crud Is this the same problem for the cartridges bob ????????

17. TropicalBob

That's been my experience with E-Liquid and E-Cartridges from E-Cig. I haven't tried other commercial liquids. Cartridges that appear clean at first glance release liquid that becomes dirty during vaporizing. Someone who is using cartridges to squeeze out liquid might can amplify on whether that liquid also dirties new cores.

18. jamie

jamie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I did that about 20 minutes ago (to a non-vaping atomizer) and it worked.

19. NerdyCinderella

NerdyCinderella Super Member ECF Veteran

Anyone,
    What does that mean - "non-vaping atomizer?"
    Thanks

20. Mr.Darcy

Mr.Darcy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

i think he just means it wasnt working nerdy,far as i can make out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.