How to clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorD.Meezus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
Roseville, California, United States
Just picked up a couple of used Aspire CF VVs from someone in my local FB vape group. I got them on the cheap as backup devices should something I have fail, but I noticed that the connection pins on them are pretty darn dirty. Is there any way I can clean them off? I don't want to try submerging them in anything, or really using any kind of liquid, because I'm afraid of ruining them. Any advice?

Scootaloo

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
I find cotton buds useful, actually I use cotton buds quite often in general cleaning on my vaping stuff.

There small, cheap to buy in bulk and they can fit all the small hard to reach areas on batteries and tanks etc.

On older tanks that leaked, I often would use them to wipe away any leaked liquid off the battery.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thanks everyone. So, the general consensus is q-tips/cotton for cleaning, but now I have another question: Which would be better, ethyl or isopropyl rubbing alcohol?

They both clean very well. With ethyl alcohol you don't need to let the alcohol evaporate before vaping the the device. Rubbing alcohol is cheaper.

Hannypoo

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2015
Idaho
vodka is good too, dip it with the q tip, take a shot and clean away. makes cleaning more fun too!

Vodka is ethyl alcohol. I use isopropyl alcohol, myself, just because it's cheaper. I keep a small spray bottle and q-tips with all of my vape gear. I hadn't thought about having a shot while cleaning. Maybe it's worth it to spend a little extra for the ethyl. Haha!

Reactions: petrotech

flyingfish

Unresolved Status
May 5, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Vodka is ethyl alcohol. I use isopropyl alcohol, myself, just because it's cheaper. I keep a small spray bottle and q-tips with all of my vape gear. I hadn't thought about having a shot while cleaning. Maybe it's worth it to spend a little extra for the ethyl. Haha!

vodka is always worth it...just don't confuse the ethyl with the isopropyl...makes for a bad day and no amount of vaping can get the taste out of your mouth.

Reactions: Hannypoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread