Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I wanted to report that I've successfully refilled my tank several times now. I'm refilling it about once a day and have had very little leakage upon refilling. It doesn't leak at all as I'm using it. I'm afraid to change flavors in it, but my new tank I ordered over the weekend should be here any day now. Thanks again for all your help Snowdragon!

TheScootness

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Missouri
Me too Jingles. I cleaned it once and changed flavors after the initial incident but it's been great since then. Little to no leakage at all. My only issue is that is absolutely kills batteries! lol I really need to order another manual stealth for this thing. I can use it for about 1.5 hours and then it has to charge for about that long because I only ordered one. :facepalm:

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
So, just when I thought I was getting the hang of using and refilling tanks, my 1st tank stopped working yesterday. After I did my daily refilling, I put it on the battery and nothing-no vapor. I got it to work a couple of brief times yesterday, but not at all today. I tried the paperclip up and down the airhole, but that didn't fix it. I'm thinking the cartomizer is broke? Is there a lifespan to these things? How long should I expect one to last? I think I had been using it about ten days. Luckily, my 2nd tank arrived yesterday and I filled it with no issues, and it's working fine I'm hoping the replacement cartos arrive at V4L soon! Is there something else I should try to get my 1st tank to work again or is it just dead?

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Is there a lifespan to these things? How long should I expect one to last? I think I had been using it about ten days. Luckily, my 2nd tank arrived yesterday and I filled it with no issues, and it's working fine I'm hoping the replacement cartos arrive at V4L soon! Is there something else I should try to get my 1st tank to work again or is it just dead?

Beach Bum isn't that harsh on Atomizers so I don't think the juice is an issue. The newer Dual Vertical Coil Cartomizers have only been around for about 2 weeks so the jury is still out on their longevity. Generally speaking with the 510 Dual Coils they last 2 weeks or so (depending on your vaping habit) using 5 mls a day or about 90 mls of use. The vapor production starts to notably drop decrease accompanied with the gurgling of juice.

However, like standard cartos you can generally get another week or so use if you clean the cartos. What causes the drop off in performance is the build up on the coils of the atomizer. Unlike standard cartos, I only give DCT cartomizers 1 cleaning then toss them. If you can get 120 mls+ through a cartomizer.......you got your money's worth.

If you got 10 days of use out of it....toss it. If it was 1 day I would have some suggestions for you.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Thanks SnowDragon. Sorry it took me all day to respond-busy day! I've given up on it. I did take the carto out of the tank and put it on a battery by itself and got nothing out of it, so I think that confirms it's a dead carto? I'l just keep waiting patiently for V4L to get repalcement cartos and use my good tank.

Ethereal

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
UK
Some more good info. So I can take it that tanks don't last so long. Kind of expensive in that case if you need to buy in bulk as you do with packs of cartos. As it goes i'm still using cartos I bought months ago, usually I can get one carto to last 3 weeks after washing and refilling. When they taste bad I toss them. I will reserve judgement and look forward to trying the tanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread