Status
Not open for further replies.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
Hello,

I have two ego type batteries that work fine but the top has separated from the battery cylinder. They work fine and I've tried to glue the top back on but apparently whatever these things are made of don't like superglue. The superglue works for like a day or two, does anyone know what will solidly hold it together?

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I would use a little E-poxy---it is a 2 part glue----buy in hardware store----get the grey colored kind-----called

J-B Weld----sets in 6 minutes----it says steel reinforced epoxy.

put in on with a tooth pick------you stir up a little drop from each tube and it is a grey color when it is stirred.

when it dries you can stand on it......you can drill or grind this stuff---like concrete when

dry....$ 6.00

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I would use a little E-poxy---it is a 2 part glue----buy in hardware store----get the grey colored kind-----called

J-B Weld----sets in 6 minutes----it says steel reinforced epoxy.

put in on with a tooth pick------you stir up a little drop from each tube and it is a grey color when it is stirred.

when it dries you can stand on it......you can drill or grind this stuff---like concrete when

dry....$ 6.00
This. We used the stuff for everything on submarines... you can build a car out of that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread