Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
First of all Rave, love the tips, I am doing polymer clay ones myself, but if I ever get bored with those I may give this a go. (bad thing is the resin stuff is RIGHT next to the sculpey in hobby lobby, which makes it tuff to walk by, lol) I had looked at it a couple times, then thought na, then I am on here and boom there u are! :)
Now then I see your avi has the holy grail of all things in the Midwest, the sponge mushroom!! You are scoring points left and right and don't even know it!! I assume u hunt them? I too am a Hoosier, and have them growing on my 2 acres every year, shhh, don't tell anyone!

Ok sorry to high jack ur thread, just wanted to let u know u have another admirer of your tips and a fellow Hoosier mushroom hunter! :) take care, I will ck back and see what else u have come up with!

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
First of all Rave, love the tips, I am doing polymer clay ones myself, but if I ever get bored with those I may give this a go. (bad thing is the resin stuff is RIGHT next to the sculpey in hobby lobby, which makes it tuff to walk by, lol) I had looked at it a couple times, then thought na, then I am on here and boom there u are! :)
Now then I see your avi has the holy grail of all things in the Midwest, the sponge mushroom!! You are scoring points left and right and don't even know it!! I assume u hunt them? I too am a Hoosier, and have them growing on my 2 acres every year, shhh, don't tell anyone!

Ok sorry to high jack ur thread, just wanted to let u know u have another admirer of your tips and a fellow Hoosier mushroom hunter! :) take care, I will ck back and see what else u have come up with!

:laugh: Nice! Seen any yet? I keep wondering if they'll pop up early because of this unprecedented weather, but I think we need a good rain first. The one in my avi is a 12" beauty that stopped me in my tracks. I just stood and stared at it for a few minutes with my jaw on the ground before I could even move! And here I am hijacking my own thread - LOL. Good luck with your tips and your morel hunting!

BTW - I have enough acreage that I regularly have to chase off poachers for the morel season (and deer season, and turkey, etc.) :grr:

Last edited:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I am going to high jack the thread again to tell rave that they are finding the sponge mushrooms round here! Not very big yet, but they are out there!

Any more tips to show us??

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbs:

No tips to show - I've gotten a little burnt out making 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread