how to mix veggie glycerin and flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to mix in something like e-cig.com's tasteless liquid for nicotine? I'm not ready to try making my own nicotine, and not ready to remove nic conpletely.

What kind of ratio would work? 25% eliquid, 25% VG, 50% flavor? I like TB's suggestion of the Cook's vanilla as a "daily" flavor, and I want to keep the nic low because I like the "puffing".

zaphod

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
From wikipedia

Prolonged contact with propylene glycol is essentially non-irritating to the skin. Undiluted propylene glycol is minimally irritating to the eye, and can produce slight transient conjunctivitis (the eye recovers after the exposure is removed). Exposure to mists may cause eye irritation, as well as upper respiratory tract irritation.[8] Inhalation of the propylene glycol vapors appears to present no significant hazard in ordinary applications. However, limited human experience indicates that inhalation of propylene glycol mists could be irritating to some individuals. Therefore inhalation exposure to mists of these materials should be avoided. Some research has suggested that propylene glycol not be used in applications where inhalation exposure or human eye contact with the spray mists of these materials is likely, such as fogs for theatrical productions or antifreeze solutions for emergency eye wash stations.[9]

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Bghouse, my original idea was to use e-cig's tasteless e-liquid at "high" strength and then dilute it with VG and flavoring. E-Cig shorted me my order and refused to make good on non-delivery, so I never got it.
:evil:

Depending on the flavor strength you want, I'd go 50% e-liquid, 40% VG and 10% flavor -- to start with. Personally, I use even more Bickford flavor, about 25%. It's all a matter of taste. They all work, they all deliver some nicotine and they all produce good vapor.

Bertrand

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
What's the difference btw glycerine and vegetable glycerine?
Can I mix glycerine instead of veggie glycerine?

I presume it means it's not extracted from petroleum. Most glycerine now comes from biodiesel production.

It used to mostly be extracted from soap. Soap didn't used to dry your skin out like it does now, but they discovered they could sell you both the disease and the cure (glycerine is the active ingredient in most moisturisers, which you wouldn't need if they left it in the soap).

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
I presume it means it's not extracted from petroleum. Most glycerine now comes from biodiesel production.

It used to mostly be extracted from soap. Soap didn't used to dry your skin out like it does now, but they discovered they could sell you both the disease and the cure (glycerine is the active ingredient in most moisturisers, which you wouldn't need if they left it in the soap).

In any case, make sure you get food-grade glycerine! 8-o

The baking section at the supermarket should have it (it's used to make glossy icing).

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
As per the title - how do you retain/obtain the right viscosity?

I have som e-cigs ex-high minty juice, and while ok it was certainly not menthol. So as I had menthol crystals and food grade glycerine around anyway ( Iwas doing my own menthol rolling tobacco and filters years before the tobacconists were) I wanted to menth it up a bit and maybe dilute the juice a fraction.

I tried a pinch of crushed crystals with a few drops of glycerine (if you can measure glycerine in drops) , with contents of juice, a good stir up and 10 secs 50% nuking (ok microwave) - but it is not the right consistancy and my dropper don't like it. :(

So what do I add to get it back to right? a few drops of distillers vodka? distilled water? distillers gin? :D

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
Many thanks Kate, think I will go with you - ( The distillers gin was a joke :) ) I can see reason for vodka if trying to extract a flavor (i.e tincture) but would be wary of any uneccessary sugars wherever possible - no reason to choke up my atomisers without good cause. (of course a good cause could be - 'cause I want to').
BTW - other than being a bit too oily just now, the menthol trial was quite successful (but then I have been playing with the stuff for years - menthol crystals that is)

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Menthol crystals have had good feedback on the forum from previously unsatisfied menthol smokers. It's hard to find commercial eliquid that satisfies I've heard. I just hope it's a safe thing to inhale long term.
well i made my own zero nic liquid with just glycerine and menthol crystals...

ive previously vaped neat glycerine as a zero nic option for prolonged periods with no problems...but with glycerine and menthol crystals,im waking up with a heavy feeling in my chest...kinds like when i used to smoke...and i dont have a cold or flu or anything...

im not sure if its just an unconnected phase...but its happened several times now after prolonged vaping of the menthol and glycerine mixture...

im not saying its connected...it could be any number of things...but just out of interest,has anyone else experienced this after using glycerine and menthol crystal mixtures,or is it just me?

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
I can see reason for vodka if trying to extract a flavor (i.e tincture) but would be wary of any uneccessary sugars wherever possible - no reason to choke up my atomisers without good cause.

I cannot stress enough that the highest proof grain alcohol you can find is vastly superior for thinning and extracting to any vodka. In the states it is called either Golden Grain (190 proof) or Everclear (198 proof I believe). Thats 95% and 99% alcohol respectively. Or 5%/2% water and residual sugars. Compare that to Vodka at 80 proof - 40% alcohol and 60% water and sugars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread