How to Reduce the Strength of a Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....I ordered some scrummy new liquids to try but I ordered them in the 26mg strengths thinking that I needed the Higher ones. Got them today and tried the first one which nearly blew my head off8-o
I normally have the TW High liquids but their High strength is only 18mg so this is too big a step up for me to carry on with.

Can anyone recommend something I can buy to reduce the strength of these liquids so that I don't waste them?

Alternatively, I have some Ecopure (VG?) High 20mg and some TW tobacco flavour (yuk) Medium 11mg strengths lying about. Would mixing them reduce it enough for me to use them?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
You need something with 0 (zero) nic in order to cut down the strength - adding a juice with nic in it is only going to INCREASE the strength.
You could use plain PG or VG (the kind with no nic and no flavor) that you can buy from the pharmacy but this is likely to also reduce the flavor of the juice you got as it will be a straight dilution. Does the company you bought from also do a no-nicotine version of the same flavor? That would be ideal - no loss of flavor but would cut the nic if you dilute it 1:1.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
I didn't do so well at math but I think this works...

Figure the # of parts you are going to use of each.
Multiply the nic mg by the number of parts of that nic
add those numbers together
divide that number by the total number of parts.

Let's say you're going to mix 3 parts of the 11 mg
with 1 part of the 24 mg.

(3 x 11) + (1 x 24) = 57
3 + 1 = 4

57/4 = ~14

So if you mixed 3 parts of the 11 with 1 part of the 24 you should end up with a mix that's about 14 mg (14.2)

Mix it half and half and you should get ~17 mg

Geesh; you weren't any good at maths?...!! Darn sight better than I was-thanks;)

I'm stuck with 5 bottles of lovely flavours so I'm going to mix them up a little until I can get some 0 nic of the same flavours -that way I'll still get to sample the flavours at their best (capjay) and not mixed with other bits and bobs.

Thanks all; was a bit nervous about not having any really low nic liquids at home to mix with so don't feel worried about trying it out now.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Mixing with a lower nic will decrease the nic level.:evil:

Yeah I realised this about x mintues too late to edit so figured Id leave up my reading fail part :lol:
But yeah its better to use the 0 nic to get the straight cut dilution for taste but if you dont have it right now then any port in a storm :)

I got what you meant capjay-thanks. I hadn't thought about trying to keep the flavours intact so it's prob more important to get a much weaker strength of the same ones I have so that I get a good idea if I like them or not. Will mix with the other bits I have until I get the weaker same flavs.
Thanks again;)

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
You never know what your palette will enjoy since its both personal and subjective. It's quite possible through a little experimenting with small batches that you might come across a "new" combination that you will either love, make do with, or hate.

That is where DIY comes in and can either be fun or frustrating, lol... I have a 500 ml bottle that I keep adding to of DIY batches that "I" found quite undesirable... I call this my "jungle juice" or "swamp water" bottle. It doesn't really get wasted in the end, as I tend to use it for "filler" by adding minuscule amounts to a good recipe for the sake of volume without affecting the taste enough to ruin it.

This way NO juice goes to waste in the end, and I've never flushed my "money" down the toilet.

VapeOn,
Greg

thaitee

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
AZ
what flavors do you have on hand?
I know tasty vapor makes doublers. 4 oz of no nic flavor you can mix to cut your others down. Maybe something neutral like a vanilla? This way you won't lose flavor.
I am no expert though, still a newbie myself. But I accidentally ordered to high of menthol and just got a menthol dbler to help me cut it down some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread