how to steep e-juice with premixed solutions of VG and PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusbear

Sep 28, 2016
Hello-elo,
I just started to make my own juice and was wondering if The vg and pg solutions was premixed does it take the same amount of time for e-juice to steep if just ad the flavors?
Thank u in advance!
here some details of my mix:
volume-100ml
PG/VG-20/80
nicotine-3mg
strawberry ripe- 5%(5ml)
bubblegum-3%(3ml)
sweet cream-2%(2ml)
-was aiming for a fruitella taste i dont think this the right way but i try and ill how it gose (any comments are welcomed)
hope u answer sooooooon

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I premix my base 50/50, then do my recipes as needed. Doesn't change anything aside that the base it already mixed, making it simpler in the end. It doesn't really change time for steeping, it just provides you with a quicker way to do the recipes. It's all about having to mix your bottles/liquid a bit more if it isn't pre-mixed.

Schue

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2015
Texas
Just repeating what the others have already said. Steep time does not change regardless if the base is premixed or not. I usually use 3mg nic 70vg/30pg base and let my juices steep for 5 - 7 days.

I drip my DIY juices right after I mix them and everyday through the steep cycle so I can get a better understanding of how my particular recipe ages. I have a few shake a vape recipes (ones I vape a few hours after I mix) and some that take a week+ to get a well rounded flavor.

I suggest you vape your juices through the freshly made to fully steeped cycles so you can get a good understanding how your juices age. My two cents anyways :)

Rusbear

Sep 28, 2016
Ty for the reply's guys this will hlp in my future experiences!:thumbs:

Yes, it works the same.
10% total flavor may be weak but that's up to you.
I would use more flavor and vape it quite soon, if it were me.
Strawberry is not easiest one to judge. Sometimes you need a lot to get the taste, then it goes unusual a few weeks later.

I thought that that was like an average percentage of thous u buy in shops( at least that how ppl did it in some youtube videos and in posted recipes) soooo is there like a standard for e-juices flavor strength or its overall more personal? Can you pleas share ur experience on this topic? :nun:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I thought that that was like an average percentage of thous u buy in shops( at least that how ppl did it in some youtube videos and in posted recipes) soooo is there like a standard for e-juices flavor strength or its overall more personal? Can you pleas share ur experience on this topic? :nun:

No. Sadly not. It is one of the great 'lies' of the e-cig industry. Some brands are up to even 25%.
It is a personal thing, of course, but many flavors cannot be tasted at under 5%.
I routinely use 8-10-12% on some tobaccos where the makers claim 3-5% is the best amount.
I once bought a juice that tasted of almost nothing. Nothing other than the merest hint.
I complained, they kicked up a fuss, told me to stop being stupid... that started a war which I intended not to lose, so I rubbished them on the e-cig forums.
4 weeks later, I got replacements for 3 of those liquids.
The entire range was withdrawn 6 months later. They'd been selling juice with extremely low flavoring, called it "Premium" and then got busted.

Anyway. I can't think I make anything under 10% (although a wayne walker, ENYAWREKLAW, recipe comes in at 9% until I make it 11%)... and nothing over 18%... that's a lemonade.

Rusbear

Sep 28, 2016
No. Sadly not. It is one of the great 'lies' of the e-cig industry. Some brands are up to even 25%.
It is a personal thing, of course, but many flavors cannot be tasted at under 5%.
I routinely use 8-10-12% on some tobaccos where the makers claim 3-5% is the best amount.
I once bought a juice that tasted of almost nothing. Nothing other than the merest hint.
I complained, they kicked up a fuss, told me to stop being stupid... that started a war which I intended not to lose, so I rubbished them on the e-cig forums.
4 weeks later, I got replacements for 3 of those liquids.
The entire range was withdrawn 6 months later. They'd been selling juice with extremely low flavoring, called it "Premium" and then got busted.

Anyway. I can't think I make anything under 10% (although a wayne walker, ENYAWREKLAW, recipe comes in at 9% until I make it 11%)... and nothing over 18%... that's a lemonade.

Ty this will help a lot-now ill try to experiment with tastes one each particular flavoring to find the best percentage it should be used upon, future more ill adjust my percentage on my e-juices over all.Have a god day sir!:thumb:

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread