Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
LA, CA.
Not a steeping story ... but at a party a few weeks ago I was helping to carry some water from another part of the party to the main part. I had no where to put my ecig and shoved it into my dress and forgot it was there. I panicked and my boyfriend grabbed a flashlight and he and I retraced my steps. It was nowhere. I was resigned that I had lost it ... then I remembered. The next day I went out and bought a lanyard ;)

Just don't forget you put it in your cleavage....the panic attack when you think you've lost it and the look of shock when it falls out when you take your bra off for the night is priceless.....:facepalm:

KarenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
LA, CA.
Now for a steeping story. I have a Vanilla Cupcake that I have been letting sit for a few weeks now. I really want to like the flavor but it hasn't been doing it for me. I am going to try dripping tonight to see if the flavor has improved. If it hasn't then I am going to just mix it with some plain vanilla and hope that helps. Was steeping with cap off and cap on ... will shake and drip tonight.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I'm still tossing this thing about steeping them uncapped around. Why does that help?

If it still smells to perfumie or hard to describe to much perfume is all I can say is leave the top and cap off and let it sit for a few days. Then try again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. I got a bottle of coconut that I thought I would love. After 4 weeks of letting it steep cap on and cap off dark closet. No other juice allowed around it. I'ts still not what I really wanted. So I give up on Coconut juice for now. Which is a bummer cause I love the taste of coconut.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I'm still tossing this thing about steeping them uncapped around. Why does that help?

Because of air circulation.

1) Oxidization can cause a change in taste. If you leave the bottle uncapped, the air in the top of the bottle is able to circulate and expose the surface of the juice to more oxygen than if the bottle was capped.

2) "Perfumey" smell/taste is mostly due to volatile aromatic compounds. Since they are volatile, they "boil off" the surface of the liquid fairly quickly. Again, air circulation helps this happen faster.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
For my DIY juice I've noticed it takes about two days for the flavor to stabilize in a single flavor juice. Takes about four days for a complex mix to stabilize.

For the nutty/Tobacco flavors letting the volatiles (perfume smells) evaporate away with the cap off overnight seems to do the trick.

You can't fix funky though.

ericoahu

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Oahu
And I feel like a windbag!

But no worries, he's got the long and the short of it now!

I liked your way better. I didn't study much chemistry.

I actually had to go look up what oxidation means. That just made me more confused. So I decided to hit the "I believe button" and just steep with the cap off.

I'm guessing most juice vendors don't steep this way before selling? Or do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread