How to stop misinformation in State of California?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Re:
© 2015 California Department of Public Health. All rights reserved.
Quit Smoking - TobaccoFreeCA

I have not seen so much misinformation in one place. My head is spinning. How to fight your state public health department?
Lots of States either copy other states or play the top this game. Better check your state and hope we vapers can fight back.

p

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
How to stop misinformation in State of California?

Either kill all the liberals, or put duct tape over all their mouths and keyboards and smart phones. But you'll need a lot of duct tape -- or ammo. :D

Andria

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Either kill all the liberals, or put duct tape over all their mouths and keyboards and smart phones. But you'll need a lot of duct tape -- or ammo. :D

Andria
I'm a liberal Californian. I usually vote democrat because I'm pro-choice, for gay marriage, for gender equality, reproductive rights, and generally against religion in the public domain.

Making this a liberal vs. conservative fight is not the way to go, especially in California. Making people see that negating the right to choose a better alternative to smoking is akin to negating their right to choose in other aspects of their life will play much better here.

It saddens me that Democrats seem to be leading the charge against vaping in California, that doesn't mean I will relinquish my entire political ideology though.

Support CASAA, #notblowingsmoke, and anyone else trying to get the truth out there. The only way to fight misinformation is with the facts. It may take time, but at least it's a real victory.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm a liberal Californian. I usually vote democrat because I'm pro-choice, for gay marriage, for gender equality, reproductive rights, and generally against religion in the public domain.

Making this a liberal vs. conservative fight is not the way to go, especially in California. Making people see that negating the right to choose a better alternative to smoking is akin to negating their right to choose in other aspects of their life will play much better here.

It saddens me that Democrats seem to be leading the charge against vaping in California, that doesn't mean I will relinquish my entire political ideology though.

Support CASAA, #notblowingsmoke, and anyone else trying to get the truth out there. The only way to fight misinformation is with the facts. It may take time, but at least it's a real victory.

Totally with ya on all that; it peeves me to no end that the R's seem to think they have the right to tell others what to do with their bodies and genitals.

But the D's are all over this crap-speak about vaping, totally protecting BT and the tax base, and I just can't support anyone who's going along with that.

I'd really prefer to get rid of all of them, even to the point of out and out anarchy, if it got rid of all the humbugs in politics.

Andria

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA

I'm also a Californian, but apparently I'm not all that liberal based on the issues you listed. In any case, I cannot understand how voting democrat is supposed to keep your pro-issues alive when they've, pretty much, already been decided in the courts. I can definitely understand how voting democrat will kill vaping unless it's finally decided in the courts.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm also a Californian, but apparently I'm not all that liberal based on the issues you listed. In any case, I cannot understand how voting democrat is supposed to keep your pro-issues alive when they've, pretty much, already been decided in the courts. I can definitely understand how voting democrat will kill vaping unless it's finally decided in the courts.
Some have been decided in the courts, some continue to be attacked, or attacked from new angles. Until I find a Republican who doesn't refer to America as a country of God, or make any references to the religious right, or protecting the "sanctity of marriage," or supports programs like planned parenthood that make contraception available to those who could not otherwise afford it, I won't be voting Republican.

That wasn't really my point though. My point was that liberal does not equal anti vaping, just as conservative does not equal pro vaping, especially at the local level.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

I'm a California liberal in the same way. I believe in truth, in not only advertising, but esp. when it comes to health. Politics should not trump my health.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Some have been decided in the courts, some continue to be attacked, or attacked from new angles. Until I find a Republican who doesn't refer to America as a country of God, or make any references to the religious right, or protecting the "sanctity of marriage," or supports programs like planned parenthood that make contraception available to those who could not otherwise afford it, I won't be voting Republican.

That wasn't really my point though. My point was that liberal does not equal anti vaping, just as conservative does not equal pro vaping, especially at the local level.

Well, by the same logic, conservative or Republican does not equal religious right, sanctity of marriage, anti-planned parenthood, and the list goes on. Most of the issues you listed are hardly under attack in California, and I don't see how any of those issues are on the verge of extinction. But, you know, vaping is. My point is this, if you think vaping is saving your life, shouldn't vaping be a very important issue? Is the quality of your future life worth thinking twice on election day? I am not trying to be contrary, I genuinely want to know your thoughts on this.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Well, by the same logic, conservative or Republican does not equal religious right, sanctity of marriage, anti-planned parenthood, and the list goes on. Most of the issues you listed are hardly under attack in California, and I don't see how any of those issues are on the verge of extinction. But, you know, vaping is. My point is this, if you think vaping is saving your life, shouldn't vaping be a very important issue? Is the quality of your future life worth thinking twice on election day? I am not trying to be contrary, I genuinely want to know your thoughts on this.
You're right, that's why I said show me a Republican that doesn't at least espouse those views, and I might consider voting for them. I'm no longer a party voter. Ideologically I am liberal/democrat, but I don't see that many dems believe in the same things I do either. I'm not a party line voter, but I'm also not a single issue voter, or I try not to be. I do my best to weigh the candidates against eachother, paying the closest attention to the two who actually have a chance at winning.

I might be closer to libertarian, but I don't see a libertarian candidate winning in my district any time soon, so I usually take the lesser of two evils. Vaping may tip the scales this next election, but I can't guarantee it.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA

Well dayum, Lessifer! I still think I'm a pretty conservative New Mexican and can't find a thing in that to argue with.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
You're right, that's why I said show me a Republican that doesn't at least espouse those views, and I might consider voting for them. I'm no longer a party voter. Ideologically I am liberal/democrat, but I don't see that many dems believe in the same things I do either. I'm not a party line voter, but I'm also not a single issue voter, or I try not to be. I do my best to weigh the candidates against eachother, paying the closest attention to the two who actually have a chance at winning.

I might be closer to libertarian, but I don't see a libertarian candidate winning in my district any time soon, so I usually take the lesser of two evils. Vaping may tip the scales this next election, but I can't guarantee it.

Thanks for elaborating. I am approaching things similarly to you, with the exception that my ideology is more conservative. I think I might be closer to libertarian, these days, too. Honestly, I think the vaping issue has forced me to really backtrack and think twice about whom to vote for. It's difficult, the parties are so adversely polarized, and, as you mentioned, the libertarian candidates rarely have a chance.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

Or support contraception *at all* -- most of the R's seem to think that the only use for women is barefoot and pregnant, cookin' in the kitchen. :facepalm: Idiots.

Andria

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Thanks for elaborating. I am approaching things similarly to you, with the exception that my ideology is more conservative. I think I might be closer to libertarian, these days, too. Honestly, I think the vaping issue has forced me to really backtrack and think twice about whom to vote for. It's difficult, the parties are so adversely polarized, and, as you mentioned, the libertarian candidates rarely have a chance.
I consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative, which sometimes means I'm at odds with myself. There are public programs that aren't "necessary" but do good, and I try to approach those fairly but my personal bias probably influences my decisions. Vaping has definitely opened my eyes politically, for instance, Boxer or Feinstein would/will never get another vote from me, Richard Pan is also on my No list.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Re:
© 2015 California Department of Public Health. All rights reserved.
Quit Smoking - TobaccoFreeCA

I have not seen so much misinformation in one place. My head is spinning. How to fight your state public health department?
Lots of States either copy other states or play the top this game. Better check your state and hope we vapers can fight back.

p

Why do you think the CDOPH has been Spewing the Garbage that they have?

Couldn't have Anything to do with a Big Fat Tax Increase Bill in 2016 for Cigarettes and e-Cigarettes?

California Likely to Put Tobacco Tax Hike on 2016 Ballot | NACS Online – News & Media Center – News Archive

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Or support contraception *at all* -- most of the R's seem to think that the only use for women is barefoot and pregnant, cookin' in the kitchen. :facepalm: Idiots.

Andria
Wow, pretty inflammatory. Can't agree with you there. Vast generalizations are usually incorrect.

Reactions: Jman8

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Well, again, can't disagree with you on any of that. (sorry it's so big, no smaller one with a Santa hat.)

2434232-2434230-happy_yay_time_hamster_.jpg

Wonder how long it will be before we have to suffer through another round of those hideous bills. As far as I understand it, they are still active. And for those who love to bash Calif., we haven't passed anything yet while other states, even red ones, have. We need to elect people who have a freaking clue no matter which of the isle they sit on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread