How to stop misinformation in State of California?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Are you a member of Not Blowing Smoke? They are based in Calif and doing very constructive and effective work without alienating or hating anyone. You might be amazed.
We have a simular .org here in Minnesota. It's interesting to note that these types of.orgs are the only ones actually
to be marketing tobacco products and e-cigarettes directly to the children via their inane PSA's.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Reactions: EBates

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
We have a simular .org here in Minnesota. It's interesting to note that these types of.orgs are the only ones actually
to be marketing tobacco products and e-cigarettes directly to the children via their inane PSA's.
Regards
Mike
Not Blowing Smoke is the counter to the Still Blowing Smoke campaign in California...
NOT Blowing Smoke

Barry Masson

Jan 15, 2016
You're right, that's why I said show me a Republican that doesn't at least espouse those views, and I might consider voting for them. I'm no longer a party voter. Ideologically I am liberal/democrat, but I don't see that many dems believe in the same things I do either. I'm not a party line voter, but I'm also not a single issue voter, or I try not to be. I do my best to weigh the candidates against eachother, paying the closest attention to the two who actually have a chance at winning.

I might be closer to libertarian, but I don't see a libertarian candidate winning in my district any time soon, so I usually take the lesser of two evils. vaping may tip the scales this next election, but I can't guarantee it.
It's all about tribalism. People vote the party line because they always have and just like their football teams, they wanna win. I vote on the issues rather than on the political party. I just happen to be a California liberal as well but I wouldn't call myself a democrat. I vote democrat because it is the closest to my ideology. While none of those issues are really under attack in CA, if we start electing conservatives they very well could be. While I love vaping, not just as a safer alternative to smoking but also as a hobby (Making my own juices and coil builds actually relaxes me) I wouldn't be willing to trade my beliefs for it. I honestly don't believe that there will be a "vaping ban" or anything like that. At most we will be made to follow the same rules as smokers (which sucks, I know) but it could be worse. I could live in Kentucky where the poorest counties in the nation are and they vote 97% republican.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Re:
© 2015 California Department of Public Health. All rights reserved.
Quit Smoking - TobaccoFreeCA

I have not seen so much misinformation in one place. My head is spinning. How to fight your state public health department?
Lots of States either copy other states or play the top this game. Better check your state and hope we vapers can fight back.

p

1. Disobey / resist the policies they put forth.
2. Beat them on the science they allege as fact.
3. Seek all means to defund their ANTZ programs.
4. Vote against those who support their mission (as it relates to ANTZ rhetoric).
5. Make fun of them, holding nothing back, when it comes to social media.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
It's all about tribalism. People vote the party line because they always have and just like their football teams, they wanna win.
For the longest time I thought it was just me. For most of my adult life I have noticed there
is a certain type of person who always seems to vote for the winner and or always be
a fan of the winning team.Regardless of party and the fact switching alliances to different
teams year to year seemed rather odd on the face of it they always were on the winning side.
The other thing I noticed they always made certain you knew they picked a winner. Living
vicariously you think?
Regards
Mike

Reactions: Jman8

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Either kill all the liberals, or put duct tape over all their mouths and keyboards and smart phones. But you'll need a lot of duct tape -- or ammo. :D

Andria

Girl! We think very much alike :D

I lived in Kalifornia for 23 years, and finally got out of there because of the way they run that state, and because they invent every conceivable reason to pick your pockets there. That place runs on misinformation!

Sadly, there's really nothing you can do about it but wait until that state collapses from it.

Reactions: Jman8

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Girl! We think very much alike :D

I lived in Kalifornia for 23 years, and finally got out of there because of the way they run that state, and because they invent every conceivable reason to pick your pockets there. That place runs on misinformation!

Sadly, there's really nothing you can do about it but wait until that state collapses from it.

Well, what I really hate is how they have appropriated a perfectly good word like "liberal" for their nannyish, fascist behavior. I have very "progressive" (another misappropriated word!) attitudes regarding social liberty -- I think the gov't ought to just .... out of peoples' private lives! So, all unknowing, I identified with the "liberal" party for a few years... but I've since come to learn that the only thing liberal about them is their liberal spending of public money on useless crap, attempting to enforce their Big Brother mentality. I've got absolutely no use for them or that kind of gov't.

So, although a lot of the "conservatives" seem to want to keep the wimminfolk barefoot and pregnant, and let's not even go into their ideas on religion, I'm forced to place myself in their camp, just to try and limit the size and spending of the gov't. *sigh*

Andria

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well, what I really hate is how they have appropriated a perfectly good word like "liberal" for their nannyish, fascist behavior. I have very "progressive" (another misappropriated word!) attitudes regarding social liberty -- I think the gov't ought to just .... out of peoples' private lives! So, all unknowing, I identified with the "liberal" party for a few years... but I've since come to learn that the only thing liberal about them is their liberal spending of public money on useless crap, attempting to enforce their Big Brother mentality. I've got absolutely no use for them or that kind of gov't.

So, although a lot of the "conservatives" seem to want to keep the wimminfolk barefoot and pregnant, and let's not even go into their ideas on religion, I'm forced to place myself in their camp, just to try and limit the size and spending of the gov't. *sigh*

Andria

Let me just give you a standing ovation here girl :D

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Andria
Amen. We all are and are currently working hard for our money. I tend to get very perturbed when I see government blindly spending my money curbing my liberty. If it is proven that vaping is costing the rest of the country money through it's harmful effects, I would have no problem understanding any anti vaping law. At this moment in time, there is no reputable scientific evidence linked to the harm in vaping PERIOD. We need to highlight the word liberty as it is written in our Constitution and remind our legislators on what that encompasses. I wish our legislators would base their votes on the side of "do no harm" when passing laws related to vaping. If vaping has proven harm, vote against it. No proven harm, do not vote against it-leave well alone.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Amen. We all are and are currently working hard for our money. I tend to get very perturbed when I see government blindly spending my money curbing my liberty. If it is proven that vaping is costing the rest of the country money through it's harmful effects, I would have no problem understanding any anti vaping law. At this moment in time, there is no reputable scientific evidence linked to the harm in vaping PERIOD. We need to highlight the word liberty as it is written in our Constitution and remind our legislators on what that encompasses. I wish our legislators would base their votes on the side of "do no harm" when passing laws related to vaping. If vaping has proven harm, vote against it. No proven harm, do not vote against it-leave well alone.

Yep. I just finished a good book, "Igniting the American Revolution," all the proximate causes in the years leading up to it, and it's inescapable how very much like the British Parliament of the time our own gov't is now behaving -- treating us like naughty children, just as Parliament did the colonists, rather than self-aware, self-initiating, self-governing adults. It's about high time we put our foot down on being treated like that, just as the colonists did, and if it takes arms and bloodshed to make our point, then that's what it will take. They don't seem to be listening to anything else, just as Parliament didn't listen then.

Andria

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
For the longest time I thought it was just me. For most of my adult life I have noticed there
is a certain type of person who always seems to vote for the winner and or always be
a fan of the winning team.Regardless of party and the fact switching alliances to different
teams year to year seemed rather odd on the face of it they always were on the winning side.
The other thing I noticed they always made certain you knew they picked a winner. Living
vicariously you think?
Regards
Mike
Donald Trump. You failed to mention the laughs he provides in the process, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread