Status
Not open for further replies.

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
Fill vape smile still using my original head after a month just clean once a week in vodka do a dry burn drop back in vodka for a few min dry and reuse

Honestly that sounds to me like i would screw it up for sure... thanks for your tip id be a lil scared to do that tho :( LoL I'd also have to go to the store and get sum vodka as i dont really drink.. (LoL...i do have sum rum in the freezer tho) ;)

Last edited:

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
I dont get why people go to such crazy distance to clean heads... I rinse in warm water for 20 seconds top, dry by blowing through all air paths and leave next to the window for 15 mins. Done. Never had a head gone bad on me, ever, in 4-5 months now.

Just dont think a $1 replacement head is worth my time...

rockmissjess

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Prescott, AZ
I dont get why people go to such crazy distance to clean heads... I rinse in warm water for 20 seconds top, dry by blowing through all air paths and leave next to the window for 15 mins. Done. Never had a head gone bad on me, ever, in 4-5 months now.

see i can do that! ;)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013

Right, i just rinse mine under the tap , leave to soak in water for a while, then leave to dry.

timothy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2010
texas
Honestly that sounds to me like i would screw it up for sure... thanks for your tip id be a lil scared to do that tho :( LoL I'd also have to go to the store and get sum vodka as i dont really drink.. (LoL...i do have sum rum in the freezer tho) ;)

Hey rum works too you can do it I have faith in ya

aussiedog61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Southern California
I do recommend a dry burn after the cleaning. It will burn all the gunk off and get your coil firing at max efficiency. Sometimes cleaning alone did not remove the burnt taste that I would occasionally get. Dry burning removed any burnt taste I experienced. The thread below, although not specifically for the ProTank, will guide you through the process. Just remember to remove the stem so you can see the coil turn red.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/69834-my-atty-resurrection-method.html

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
lol im too much of a noob to be doing any building at the moment ;) lol

Take my word for it - in another week or two on here, you'll muster the courage!

If you choose to use the EVOD heads on your protank, cravinvapes has them 5 for $7, then use the coupon code "CRAVE" for 5% off. THey ship really fast to AZ.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You will hopefully notice a few things from peoples recommendations.

1) Advice about pulling the wicks - Do Not just pull one of the wicks out. Some need to in order to get hte e-liquid to flow properly. Others just end up with a leaky tank. Many factors play into it. Juice thickness, Vape temperature (watts) Wick assembly -Factory tolerances.
First you try it, then you evaluate it and only then should you decide if adjustments are needed.

2) Coil resistance. If you are going to switch to Evod coils, 1.8 is fine and will give a warmer vape. Protank 1.8 coils are very hit and miss for giving a burnt taste. Poor assembly or the Airy draw, how knows, but Kanger does not recommend them yet.

3) Head survival - notice<some say a week while others say month+> How long the heads last depends greatly on YOU.
Dark juices - Rinse the tank and wicks in HOT water at least every other tank full.
Lighter juices - Rinse every 3-5 Tanks.
Minimum every 1-1.5 weeks after rinsing, take the Pipe off the Wicks, remove the flavor wicks and dry with a napkin.
Hold each with tweezers and use a (Bic) lighter to burn off residue from the wick centers.
While flavor wicks are out, attach base to battery and Pulse 3-5 seconds until Coils start to glow orange.
Repeat Pulsing to burn off dried residue and blow off once cooled. Wick should burn back to white.

Assembly - Fill - go vaping again.

I have fully functional wicks over 9 months old.
9x4=36x$2.50(per wick)=$90 PER TANK NOT SPENT replacing coils weekly.:D That is a lot of extra cash for Juice and more toys.:thumbs:

unclestu

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
ALLENHURST, NJ, USA
Well I am new so rather than advise you I will only report my experience with the protaank. I started vaping with a Provari and a Kanger Protank 3 weeks ago. I use 5/50 18nic juice from MTV. I rinse in hot every night and refill every morning. Last night I did a short soak in some vodka . I have used this tank elusively for over 2 weeks now and I have no burnt taste and the wicks still look really clean.
Stu

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
You will hopefully notice a few things from peoples recommendations.

1) Advice about pulling the wicks - Do Not just pull one of the wicks out. Some need to in order to get hte e-liquid to flow properly. Others just end up with a leaky tank. Many factors play into it. Juice thickness, Vape temperature (watts) Wick assembly -Factory tolerances.
First you try it, then you evaluate it and only then should you decide if adjustments are needed.

2) Coil resistance. If you are going to switch to Evod coils, 1.8 is fine and will give a warmer vape. Protank 1.8 coils are very hit and miss for giving a burnt taste. Poor assembly or the Airy draw, how knows, but Kanger does not recommend them yet.

3) Head survival - notice<some say a week while others say month+> How long the heads last depends greatly on YOU.
Dark juices - Rinse the tank and wicks in HOT water at least every other tank full.
Lighter juices - Rinse every 3-5 Tanks.
Minimum every 1-1.5 weeks after rinsing, take the Pipe off the Wicks, remove the flavor wicks and dry with a napkin.
Hold each with tweezers and use a (Bic) lighter to burn off residue from the wick centers.
While flavor wicks are out, attach base to battery and Pulse 3-5 seconds until Coils start to glow orange.
Repeat Pulsing to burn off dried residue and blow off once cooled. Wick should burn back to white.

Assembly - Fill - go vaping again.

I have fully functional wicks over 9 months old.
9x4=36x$2.50(per wick)=$90 PER TANK NOT SPENT replacing coils weekly.:D That is a lot of extra cash for Juice and more toys.:thumbs:

This is a really good summation. Vapor lady also has a video on YouTube about dry burning the coils on the Pro tank. I've just had a stroke and lost about 50% of my fine motor skills in my right arm and leg. If I can do it I'm sure you can. I'll post a link to the video for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread