How to wire the DNA charger WITHOUT DNA 12/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Sorry about the pics, I'll try again more in detail ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366297888.437189.jpg
This is a picture of the 510 connector and that gold ring was clipped around the connector holding the brown negative wire onto the atti
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366298038.220264.jpg
This is the switch. It had 5 legs, I cut off one from each side.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366298163.903765.jpg
This is of the on/off
On the left pin, I soldered the battery positive wire to the middle pin and 2 wires, one to the switch and the other to the charger positive as per the next picture.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366298324.753941.jpg
The blue wire here is going straight to the battery negative

Thanks again. I know this is all well beneath your skills, but I'm new to all this and really don't want to break my window with this thing :)

Lou

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Yes. The blue on the on/off is going to the battery + connection.

Unfortunately, my wires are not properly color coordinated because I realized too late that I had soldered the wrong color on one of the connections. But it all worked when they were outside the box...something happened once I put it in the box. I wish I had a bunch on on/off switches on hand, I'm starting to think that it is the culprit

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
I know for sure the tactile switch is not rated for the current you are putting thru it....you will need a switch similar to this....

Horn Style Switch, Chrome

Ok...I guess I'm going to have to take the horn switch off the madvapes 3.7v DIY kit and use that instead. But again, it worked and I've seen so many people use that switch with their dna projects (like the milo for example)

Thanks a lot for your help

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Hi Retird,
I finally got it working thanks to you.
I changed the switch to the horn style one, but had to get rid of the on/off switch though, since there wasnt much room in there.
I need to do a couple more things before I post the final results...
Still have to solder in the wires for the charger, which I guess is only charger + to battery + and - to -
Then make the hole to plug in the usb, wrap the battery, build the coil, and vape :)

Again, thanks a lot for your help,

Lou

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I need to do a couple more things before I post the final results...
Still have to solder in the wires for the charger, which I guess is only charger + to battery + and - to -
Get some thinner wire to work with. I don't how you managed at all with all the thick solid core you were using. The charger isn't moving much current. You should have something laying around with some thin, flexible, stranded wire. Old DC power supply/wall warts, phone charger etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread