How would 0 Nic vapeing change your habits?

Discussion in 'Zero Nicotine Vaping and Quitting Vaping' started by Shamruck, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shamruck

Shamruck Full Member

Well, just as the title suggests, I know how switching from analogs to vapeing has changed my habits, and how switching to 0 Nic vapeing has changed my habits, I'm curious to hear reactions and thoughts from nic vapers if they were to play a little imagination game, "how do you think your vapeing habits, and your hobby would change if you vape no nic?"

2. araczynski

araczynski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

personally, when i get to 0 nic, i'll just quit vaping, no point after the nic addiction is gone i would think.

i mean would a recovering alcohol addict keep pouring himself a glass of water out of a re purposed bottle of vodka?

3. StartLifeEndLife

StartLifeEndLife Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think I would become a social vaper. The main reason I switched to vaping instead of just quitting analogs was because I have many friends and family members that smoke and hated feeling left out. --now that I think about it that is a perfect mirror of the "if everyone jumped off a bridge would you do it too" story--sad how weak ones will power can be.

4. cigarbabe

cigarbabe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I don't want to be a 0 nic vaper particularly I have used it and it's ok.
    I've used it mainly for the taste of the juice but it isn't something I would do everyday probably.
    I like the effects I get from using nicotine such as better concentration and cognitive powers
    plus I think it keeps me from being as depressed as I might normally be this time of year.
    I don't find nicotine to be all that addictive without all the extra chemicals found in cigarettes.
    C.B.
    [​IMG]

5. murrajes

murrajes Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm going to zero nicotene vaping as soon as my stuff gets here. I've been decreasing the level very rapidly because I have some health issues I'm worried about (my arms STILL go numb at night even with vaping...although not as bad). I have to believe it's the nicotene. I'm now vaping 4mg juice. I just love the action of doing it and the taste. It's my adult pacifier and I'm 54 years old damnit....I don't have to give it up! :)

6. Grandma SJA

Grandma SJA Senior Member ECF Veteran

I did mostly 0 nic for over 6 months, and still order once in awhile 6nic or 11 is as high as I can go. It really makes a huge difference in the taste of your favorite juices. I know I will not quit vaping all though I can use it one day like all the time and then not use it at all. I love the social as I to have a husband that smokes and has not quit and friends and I will never go back to smoking so I look at my tornado as my life saver. I cannot believe how much this has helped me and have not cheated and gone back to cigs since I stopped well over a year and half.

7. evosil98

evosil98 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Im slowly dropping my nic to 0. I think when im at 0 im just going to be a social or when i drink vapor.

8. sandybeach

sandybeach Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I started with 18 mg. on November 10th. I got to 12 mg. a couple of weeks ago. I tried going to 6 mg., but it seems too low. I keep puffing away on the 6 mg. So I am back on 12 mg. now. Once I get to 0 mg, I will quit.

9. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have never tried 0 nic yet , i went from 18 down to 11 and feel fine .
    May try a bottle of 6 in near future.

10. Gloria

Gloria Super Member ECF Veteran

I bought some 6 and 0 nic juices on my last order and I'm using those for when I just want to sit and make vapor clouds. :)

Hoping to step down fairly painlessly from the nic.

Does anybody else find it odd that out of 10 posts on this thread that 4 of us are from Illinois? Just thought that was interesting.

11. araczynski

not that it counts, but i drive through illinois quite a bit on my way to milwaukee, only state i hate so far thanks to your dagnabit tolls, which they just doubled... i think i'll go through Dubuque instead of Davenport next time and skip your tolls :)

12. flbutterfly1

flbutterfly1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have been using 0 for a few months now and my feeling of always having to take my pv with me everywhere has gone away. I actually made it through Thanksgiving all the way through Christmas and the New Year without vaping at all. Now I am back to vaping everyday. It's odd I thought that the holidays would be a vaping trigger but I guess not. I picked up my PV again with 0 just because I don't want to start back on nic and worry about wanting a cigarette in the future. I have really been investing in small bottles of good quality eliquid lately since I only use small amounts and its not a I need it basis I have been having fun trying some of the most talked about flavors. All I can say is I really wish I would have tried BWB sooner.

13. CCC

CCC Super Member ECF Veteran

If and when i ever get down to 0nic i will probably stop vaping, i don't see the need to inhale flavour on its own.

14. cigarbabe

cigarbabe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'm really shocked at the amount of posts who buy into the"nicotine is bad" stance.
    I can't imagine where people got that idea from!
    Seriously I have major health issues but have not had one teeny problem from using nicotine.
    I think I shall stock up on nicotine just in case I'm forced to go back to smoking.
    C.B.
    [​IMG]

15. araczynski

it's not the nicotine i have a problem with, its the addictive nature of nicotine. i hate that feeling of 'having to have some' or be irritable/grouchy.

16. flbutterfly1

flbutterfly1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I really miss nicotine now that I havent been using it. I miss the feeling of being fulfilled when I'd vaped enough. I miss the concentration. I miss sleeping. I miss being thin(used to be under 100). I have really thought about going back to nic. I just dont want to smoke all the time anymore so now I keep 0 on hand just for when I want a cig and keep myself from smoking again and I am afraid if I start with nic again then I will invite cigs back in my life at some point in the future. To me nic is just another caffeine type addiction (which i AM HIGHLY addicted to caffeine) but instead of having another pepsi I will smoke a cig to get it so 0 nic for me. For now anyway I may change my mind in the future and want to vape mg instead of smoking.

17. cags

cags Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

hmmmmmm, I get that way when I am deprived of chocolate lol

18. bullet

bullet Senior Member ECF Veteran

coming from smoking a pack/day of analogs, switched to vaping (just realized that it's a month already today!)
    with a 6mg of nic, i haven't had the craving to use analogs...

planning to use 0 nic next month...

now I'm not too keen on quitting vaping entirely...

19. randomness

randomness Full Member

What about its possible benefits? ADHD, OCD, lowering risk of breast cancer, controlling certain forms of epilepsy and schizophrenia (on very low doses); not to mention the alertness. calmness, relaxation and an increased pain tolerance - just to name a few that have been published. Ok sure it does increase the chances of being addicted to C[SUB]17[/SUB]H[SUB]21[/SUB]NO[SUB]4[/SUB] but there's a sure fire way to avoid that. :) Aside, nicotine vapors have a flash point of 95F, so one really has to wonder how much is actually being administered vs placebo effect. Depending on the atty system used a 6mg/ml vape may contain only minute traces of nicotine.

J

20. luceblueboy

luceblueboy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I started vaping because my wife hated when I'd go to the cigar shop and smoke a cigar once or twice a week. I smelled when I came home, I had to brush my teeth twice, and my breath in the morning was horrendous. However, smoking cigars helped relax me. I never was addicted to nicotine. When I started vaping I could do it in the house, I didn't smell, and it was cheaper than cigars. My wife still doesn't like it but she tolerates it. The liquid does relax me, even with the 0mg nic that I use. I love the taste of cigar and pipe tobacco (i've never smoked a cigarette) so I buy liquids extracted from real tobacco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.