How would 0 Nic vapeing change your habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy-r3

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Bewdley, England
r3ality.co.uk
I like vaping and i like nic.

Its a hobby for me, i find it all very intriguing! :) So even if i went to 0nic i think id still vape regardless, but at the moment im quite content vaping 18mg and will do for some time !:)

I enjoy it far too much to give something up.
Remembering that if ill health effects arose i would quite altogether but hopefully that wont be the case!

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
What about its possible benefits? ADHD, OCD, lowering risk of breast cancer, controlling certain forms of epilepsy and schizophrenia (on very low doses); not to mention the alertness. calmness, relaxation and an increased pain tolerance - just to name a few that have been published. Ok sure it does increase the chances of being addicted to C17H21NO4 but there's a sure fire way to avoid that. :) Aside, nicotine vapors have a flash point of 95F, so one really has to wonder how much is actually being administered vs placebo effect. Depending on the atty system used a 6mg/ml vape may contain only minute traces of nicotine.

J

can't say i've read much about any benefits of nicotine in low doses, but haven't look for any either, so there might be valid data out there, i won't argue with that.

i'm not sure about the calmness/relaxation though, might have to see that study, but by the same token a crack addict will feel the same things when he/she gets their fix :)

i keep hearing about people (like me) that drink a lot of coffee to 'wake up'/stay alert/energized/etc, and that this elevated state that they're feeling is actually the 'norm' for non users, we're just so addicted to the caffeine that we can't get to the 'norm' without the fix. our perception of the caffeine 'high' is actually our return to the 'norm'. don't know, but sounds plausible...

can't say i've read much about any benefits of nicotine in low doses, but haven't look for any either, so there might be valid data out there, i won't argue with that.

i'm not sure about the calmness/relaxation though, might have to see that study, but by the same token a crack addict will feel the same things when he/she gets their fix :)

i keep hearing about people (like me) that drink a lot of coffee to 'wake up'/stay alert/energized/etc, and that this elevated state that they're feeling is actually the 'norm' for non users, we're just so addicted to the caffeine that we can't get to the 'norm' without the fix. our perception of the caffeine 'high' is actually our return to the 'norm'. don't know, but sounds plausible...

True true. I was just throwing some things out that I've read over the past few months. The calmness and relaxation I think comes in two parts, low doses of nicotine and the rhythmic behaviour of actual smoking. The same study that I got the points from also warned that above a certain threshold nicotine will do just the oposite, causing nervousness and agitation - however it never stated the threshold and as a former pack and a half a day smoker I can't think of anytime that smoking made me agitated; or was more the times that I couldn't have a cig for whatever reason that I started getting ....... :)

J

Gingerzeronic

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Colorado
I don't want to be a 0 nic vaper particularly I have used it and it's ok.
I've used it mainly for the taste of the juice but it isn't something I would do everyday probably.
I like the effects I get from using nicotine such as better concentration and cognitive powers
plus I think it keeps me from being as depressed as I might normally be this time of year.
I don't find nicotine to be all that addictive without all the extra chemicals found in cigarettes.
C.B.

For some of us the problem isn't whether or not nicotine is "bad" but rather the problems insurance companies have about nicotine use. No insurance at my workplace doesn't penalize nicotine use and they all test.

Beyond that, at my HMO (and every other one my friends use), docs will not consider elective surgery/treatments for anything vaguely serious without a smoking cessation plan and testing.

I have no problem with nicotine but the insurance companies, government, and workplaces do.:(

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
I've just started vaping to get off the analogs, and I'm starting off with no nicotine. From the sounds of it, I think I'm glad I'm starting off with no nicotine, that way I don't know what it tastes like with nicotine. At any rate the whole reason for my vaping is to get off nicotine. My husband smokes analogs around me all the time, so I'm using the ecig as a defensive method for myself. It's my adult paciefier if you will. I want to have something to grab in case I get stressed out. In the past I've always reached for a cig. I have nothing against anyone who wants to vape with nicotine....But for myself, I want to get off of it....but keep vaping!

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
For many the hand to mouth action is a stronger addiction than the nicotine. I smoked tobacco cigs for more than 52 years, 2.5 pad when I stopped. Been more than 4 months now since I accidentally left the nicotine out of my No Flavor Added DIY blend. After a couple days, I decided. . .I didn't need it anymore. I doubt many will cotton to my method of vaping, but I'm doing this for myself and mine. That's what I think is the great thing about vaping. . .it's definitely a "Roll yur own" endeavor. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

CeilidhaChaos

Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Ohio
I quit smoking in Aug of 2003 and started vaping awhile ago out of stress and temptation to start analogs again. I've always been a 0mg vaper, and I still find it relaxing. Some of my flavors are excellent aromatherapy for me, and I can just zone and meditate with them. Helps keep me on my diet and keeps me drinking my water too. :) I don't find it addicting though. When I go to the dentist, (getting my wisdom teeth out.. fun) I sometimes have to not use a straw or vape for about 3 days under Doctors orders, and have no problem putting it aside for awhile. That's the great thing about 0mg IMO.

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I started 3 months ago on 11mg and some 16mg .... Now 11 mg i am already mixing with non. Ordered some 6mg also ... All menthol/mint flavors. But with those ego mega dual coils i started downgrading. So we'll see. I tried 0mg in my 510-T but that wasnt doable, a month ago or so. We'll see. I do not need to vape anymore. I want to vape :) And never will pick up another analog

ian559

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
11mg is as high as I go. I try to order 6 or less most of the time. I am a chain vapor it seems. I do not intend to quit vaping. I love it!!! Do I enjoy the nic?? Hell yes!!! I find it calms me and makes me more focused on the task at hand. But do I need 24mg. No I dont...

Last edited:

OregonYeti

Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
I've gradually gone from 18 mg to 12 in a couple of weeks. Just before that I was smoking tobacco.

My goal was no tobacco (success!!) and now my goal is 0 nic (getting there steadily with no difficulty so far!). I'm going down by 1 mg concentration per day, using a sensitive scale to dilute.

Once I get to 0 nic, I think I will vape 0-nic just for fun, while hanging out with my smoking friends on breaks.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
It looks like I will be going to 0 nic in the next few weeks, not because I want to, but because I'm required to do so thanks to upcoming spinal fusion surgeries (along with the benefits nic provides, it also seems to inhibit bone growth, so it's a no-no before and after surgery).

I might be a little different from most vapers - I didn't start vaping to quit smoking, I started vaping to keep myself from starting again (I'd quit smoking about 3 mo before I started vaping by using the patch) - vaping satisfies the ritualistic aspect of smoking for me, and while I know switching to 0 nic might make me a beast for a few days, I think I'll be okay as long as I keep vaping. I may or may not go back to 6 or 12mg after all of the fusion surgeries are complete and I've fully recovered - I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but I'm not planning on quitting vaping, I like all of the juice flavor options - some of them satisfy my sweet tooth, and I find vaping to be a calming, relaxing habit that I enjoy very much. I will have to get rid of all of my 12 & 24mg juice to remove temptation, and restock with 0mg, but I'm okay with it.

I'll probably vape the same 6-10ml/day I do now, just without the nic, and with the hope that the flavors I love remain flavors I love :)

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
That's pretty awesome Sandybeach! Not the stenosis & facet joint arthritis (boo!), but that your pain is improved with 6mg nic! Did you start vaping 6mg to see if it would help, or was that just a happy side effect? :)

I had an accident in October (2 days after I quit smoking using the patch lol) & essentially destroyed the facets of the lumbar & part of the thorasic spine, both SI joints, and it seems part of the cervical spine, so slightly different situation, but I'm all for going to 6mg nic after the fusion "takes" and seeing if that helps with any residual pain!

I did find a study on rabbits that showed 5.25mg nic IMPROVED fusion by about 20% over 0 nic & 10mg nic, but I have a feeling my neurosurgeon isn't going to budge on his 0 nic stance, and I'm not going to fight too hard over 6mg. I'll just deal with the 0 nic as best I can, and have already apologized to Iron Monkey in advance for any crazy crabbiness I might put him through while I'm going through nic withdrawals :D

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
That's pretty awesome Sandybeach! Not the stenosis & facet joint arthritis (boo!), but that your pain is improved with 6mg nic! Did you start vaping 6mg to see if it would help, or was that just a happy side effect? :)

I had an accident in October (2 days after I quit smoking using the patch lol) & essentially destroyed the facets of the lumbar & part of the thorasic spine, both SI joints, and it seems part of the cervical spine, so slightly different situation, but I'm all for going to 6mg nic after the fusion "takes" and seeing if that helps with any residual pain!

I did find a study on rabbits that showed 5.25mg nic IMPROVED fusion by about 20% over 0 nic & 10mg nic, but I have a feeling my neurosurgeon isn't going to budge on his 0 nic stance, and I'm not going to fight too hard over 6mg. I'll just deal with the 0 nic as best I can, and have already apologized to Iron Monkey in advance for any crazy crabbiness I might put him through while I'm going through nic withdrawals :D

Very very interesting. Let me know what happens!! Fingers crossed that the surgery works beautifully.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Gradual decrease has been my way. No 6 mg at a time, just 1 mg at a time. If I went from 18-12 all at once, it would be really hard (I know since I gave it a try and decided not to continue).

I use a sensitive scale and dilute just a little bit each day. This is what makes it easy for me.

I like that idea! What do you use to test/mix in 1mg increments?

Very very interesting. Let me know what happens!! Fingers crossed that the surgery works beautifully.

Thank you! It looks like it might be a slow process, I'll find out tomorrow if the neurosurgeon wants to start with ACDF (anterior cervical discectomy & fusion), or if we can go straight to the lumbar. I'll let you know how it works out, and will probably be posting in this forum if I start losing my mind over 0 nic :D

OregonYeti

Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
I like that idea! What do you use to test/mix in 1mg increments?

I use a container for mixing, that I have pre-weighed empty. Let's say 2 grams for a 5 ml container. I put in some 18 mg juice, weigh, subtract weight of container, then calculate how much 0-nic to add to make it the concentration I want. I use a scale with .01 gram precision. Next day I weigh, calculate again.

If I have 15 mg liquid and I want to make it 14 (as an example), I dilute it to 15/14 of the original weight of the liquid. So if I had 1.00 gram, then I want to make it 1.07 gram with the addition of 0-nic juice.

My college chemistry has helped, but it's really not that hard with a calculator and sensitive scale. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this, and if you want more details, or a spreadsheet, I've got 'em.

Dang. I should make it simpler, since I can't explain it that well.

Last edited:

OregonYeti

Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
Here's a business idea for suppliers ... a customized kit, with gradual decrease and small containers. Day 1 container, day 2 container, etc, with YOUR choice of flavor and your choice of concentration. Maybe $50 extra as compared to standard? I don't know. I can do it for you, except I'm not a supplier :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread