How would you teach a new vapor to vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
How would you teach a new vapor to vape?
I have niticed mos new vapors have trouble with the draw...
I've also noticed this is one of the bigger complaints. I think a manual e-cig might help with this. I think it's important to keep the hand-to-mouth sensation of smoking. I have been enjoying using a mod lately, but I go back to the stick batt when I want to feel like I'm smoking.
Is anyone else this way??

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I remember when I first took a vape puff.....I coughed......but it didn't hurt like from a ciggy....(or in my case a pipe).....so I would ask if they have ever used a Nebulizer or an inhaler......(I believe most smokers have at one time)....and tell them that's how to use it....

and yes I believe the hand to mouth is needed......I wanted to drip at first because with smoking a pipe I was always cleaning & filling it before using it.....so fiddling with it was missed for awhile.....

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I remember when I first took a vape puff.....I coughed......but it didn't hurt like from a ciggy....(or in my case a pipe).....so I would ask if they have ever used a Nebulizer or an inhaler......(I believe most smokers have at one time)....and tell them that's how to use it....

and yes I believe the hand to mouth is needed......I wanted to drip at first because with smoking a pipe I was always cleaning & filling it before using it.....so fiddling with it was missed for awhile.....
As a pipe smoker, liblue1, what e-juices do the trick for you? My significant other has smoked cigarettes and pipes forever and ever. He really took to vaping at first, and does well with tobacco flavored e-juice, but he is VERY picky about tobacco. He smokes burley, Virginia, stuff with Latakia and Perique, but he does not like aromatics.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As a pipe smoker, liblue1, what e-juices do the trick for you? My significant other has smoked cigarettes and pipes forever and ever. He really took to vaping at first, and does well with tobacco flavored e-juice, but he is VERY picky about tobacco. He smokes burley, Virginia, stuff with Latakia and Perique, but he does not like aromatics.
I started off with tobacco.....but that only lasted about a month(I didn't like the flowery taste)....my ADV is Cotton candy or Marshmallow....I don't care for strong flavored vape....I just mostly want the exhale.........

Reactions: LadyVapentine

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I started off with tobacco.....but that only lasted about a month(I didn't like the flowery taste)....my ADV is Cotton candy or Marshmallow....I don't care for strong flavored vape....I just mostly want the exhale.........
Oooh, see he hates the flavors, which I find opposite of my way of being. I like the flavors a lot a lot. Cotton Candy sounds really yummy. I'm diabetic, so I can't eat sugar, and that's my way of sneaking some sweets!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oooh, see he hates the flavors, which I find opposite of my way of being. I like the flavors a lot a lot. Cotton Candy sounds really yummy. I'm diabetic, so I can't eat sugar, and that's my way of sneaking some sweets!
I only use 1/2 flavor vape.....it helps......(So if I buy a bottle I add my own mix of 80 VG/20 PG with the same level nic, or no nic to lower it).....
I use it that way also.....it means I feed my sweet tooth all day without the calories....

Reactions: diabolique

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA

MattyVigilante

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
Northamptonshire
I'm going to tag a few of the people from the 1st post. Maybe they will come over here....
@7sixtwo,@Asylumsix ,@Grimwald ,Frenchfry1942 ,@crxess , @sofarsogood ,@Big Me ,@Susan-S,
@beckdg ,@Two_Bears ,@Paul lamb ,@gofishtx ,@dennism ,@Scy123 ,@HauntedMyst ,@Hotwire,@DC2,
@edyle ,@coolerat ,@Vaslovok,@MattyVigilante ,@inswva
I feel like I've just quantum leapt from a parallel universe....
In terms of teaching someone to draw, most go at it like an analogue. Which is ideal for most first time users, something like a T18 would be preferable I suppose, if the goal is to come off cigarettes...
If it's for "cloudz bro clouds" then that's different...

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Greatly depends on the person.

Mom... 20mg/ml preference... couldn't inhale any vape at first pg/vg/nic/no nic/5 to 80 watts/tight air or open wide...

I had to get her to stop inhaling... then breathe out through the nose... and introduce inhaling as a second step... mtl

Dad... 12mg... liked a tightish tootle - ish draw.

Had to convince him not to suck his eyeballs out until we found him something with a little looser draw. Then he fell in line. He still rarely vaped above 7 watts until he quit altogether.

Step dad... all over the place with nic, pg/vg, etc.

Had to convince him you don't have to "cough to get off". Once he realized that once the hit timed out, that was a draw... and he could always repeat after exhaling instead of continuing his draw and hitting the button again, he was good to go.

Higher wattage vapers... with looser draw preferences tend to get it without much or any coaching.

Tootlers more often have to break old habits... which can be a lot tougher.

Tapatyped

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Greatly depends on the person.

Mom... 20mg/ml preference... couldn't inhale any vape at first pg/vg/nic/no nic/5 to 80 watts/tight air or open wide...

I had to get her to stop inhaling... then breathe out through the nose... and introduce inhaling as a second step... mtl

Dad... 12mg... liked a tightish tootle - ish draw.

Had to convince him not to suck his eyeballs out until we found him something with a little looser draw. Then he fell in line. He still rarely vaped above 7 watts until he quit altogether.

Step dad... all over the place with nic, pg/vg, etc.

Had to convince him you don't have to "cough to get off". Once he realized that once the hit timed out, that was a draw... and he could always repeat after exhaling instead of continuing his draw and hitting the button again, he was good to go.

Higher wattage vapers... with looser draw preferences tend to get it without much or any coaching.

Tootlers more often have to break old habits... which can be a lot tougher.

Tapatyped

Thanks for this really helpful and detailed answer, beckdg! When I first started trying mods, I was pretty clueless! I was actually kind of scared of them. You'd be a good coach!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I would probably try to get them started on something small, cheap and simple. The Aspire CF-VV pens and Nautilus Mini worked well for me.

I'd prolly just hand them one of my mechs with a .7 ohm genny on top and say "here, push the button and hit it." If they can't do that on their own I'd lose interest.

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
Reactions: LadyVapentine

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I'm going to try this again,Since the post has been moved.
I'm going to tag a few of the people from the 1st post. Maybe they will come over here....
@7sixtwo,@Asylumsix ,@Grimwald ,Frenchfry1942 ,@crxess , @sofarsogood ,@Big Me ,@Susan-S,
@beckdg ,@Two_Bears ,@Paul lamb ,@gofishtx ,@dennism ,@Scy123 ,@HauntedMyst ,@Hotwire,@DC2,
@edyle ,@coolerat ,@Vaslovok,@MattyVigilante ,@inswva
Come along everyone! The water's fine! (And this is a fun thread, thanks, @diabolique

Reactions: diabolique
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread