How'd you find V4L?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Kimmy's mention of her random introduction to V4L got me thinking... how'd we each end up here?

I'm going to be eternally grateful to the stranger my husband approached in Seattle on a business trip--guy was vaping a VK and gave him a card and the "talk." I admit to being skeptical, but since hubs was interested in trying 'em out for his b'day gift I placed an order, then found this place through the link on the V4L site and got increasingly excited while I waited for my order.

Got it xmas eve and haven't looked back! :thumbs:

So who do you have to thank? Yourself for researching blind? Random stranger? Referral from a friend? Did you start with another e-cig and find V4L through ECF?

antithesis

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
michigan
well, obviously i have you to thank, belle. :p we talked about e-cigs before and i'd used a different brand for almost 2 months (and another prior to that for only a week) and would've probably swayed you against trying ANY e-cig, until you told me more about V4L, specifically the lack of an atomiser, their warranty that's not like ANY other, and then reading things here, how overall most are beyond satisfied.

:)

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
When we were on vacation in October, a friend had an electronic cigar, which intrigued me. So when we got home, I started doing some research and stumbled onto the ECF, which was an eye-opener. I did a lot of reading, and decided that the 2-piece KR808D-1 sounded like the best alternative, and followed the trail of happy users to V4L.

Sauromir

Dec 31, 2009
Augusta, GA
I hit V4L blind. I had seen some stuff on E-Cigs before, but hadn't put much thought in to them. Then the government took away my Kreteks and my out of country supplier stopped taking credit card payments, sooooo I started looking for a replacement. Did a google search on e-cigs, found a site that was selling them. They listed two types, manual and automatic. I couldn't tell what the difference was, so I searched youtube for reviews of e-cigs and found one in which the guy was showing the difference between the V4L Vapor King Manual and Automatic. I hit the V4L site, found the link to the forums there, and then really dug down and did some research. After lurking for the better part of a week, I bit the bullet and ordered my Ultimate Ultimatum Automatic Kit. I haven't looked back. I've even switched a friend off mine over to V4L. I'll keep spreading the word and vaping it up.

critterbug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2009
Herein, VA
Hmmm. I actually had to go back and check my browsing history extensively to see how I got here. I saw "smokeless tobaccoless cigarette" as the first in the long line of clicks and then I remembered... a year or so ago when I was quitting and chewing lots of nicorette and talking about how i missed the smoking action a guy told me that one of his friends had one of these things you could puff on to get nicotine and i could get it at the drug store. of course, i couldn't find it - i think it was a nicoderm thing or something - and so, remembering that, i decided to look for it again, but instead i ended up at an ecig blog and then i saw greensmoke. and placed a hasty order. and then *after* hitting submit, decided to check reviews of greensmoke. wherefore I arrived at the ecig forums. And then I read all of the GS vs. V4L reviews and voila. I thought for a day, cancelled my order, received a notice that they were out of stock, reminded them that I cancelled my order, and placed my V4L order. Never a second thought and only all kinds of excitement! I'm so happy with V4L and my vk. Ahhhh. so happy. :lol:

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
How did I hear about V4L... it's a good story. At least to me. I read a random story on cnet, the article actually mentioned ecf. I wound up buying a m401 last January. A few weeks later I read Steve's first post regarding vapor4life. He did not even have a website yet, but he was selling via Paypal. I am a web guy at heart, so I contacted him to see if he needed help with his site. A couple of weeks later he invited me to his house, he handed me the original VK and I was sold. A couple of weeks later he called me desperate to get his site done. It was a Friday afternoon, and I had plans to be gone all weekend. I decided to cancel my plans. We worked about 20 hours between Friday and Sunday. The site launched on Wednesday or Thursday (can't remember). As we were finishing the site Steve told me that he was really going to need help with everything else as well. I was an independent contractor before this and business was pretty slow, so I decided what the hey, let's give this a shot. Now less than a year later I wear so many hats, I need a new hat rack, but I have loved every minute of it.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Then I met Jenjen and ended up here,Thank god!!

Long story short, heard an ad for Smoker's Savior on the radio. Went to their site and also googled others ecigs. Ended up with my Red Dragon (E9). It was good, but flavored carts were a 4 week special order and $35+ a BOX!

Googled some more and found ECF...posted my story and.....Then I met Keyzygirl and ended up here,Thank god!! LOL...

milky

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Dallas, TX
A guy at work started vaping about 2 months ago. From there, my interest grew until I decided to google "ecig forum" and landed at ECF. Read DonDaBoomVape's Illustrated Guide (several times), watched Leaford's top 5 and runner's up videos (several times), and then I bought...

...NOT the VK 8-o Yeah yeah yeah...even with the VK being the #3 pick, I'm ashamed to admit I never really gave it much thought.

I don't know if it was the multiple logo batteries, or the idea of differently colored carts, but I went with something that I thought looked "cooler". Long story short, I ended up ordering my UU Kit about 5 days later.

Not sure what it was specifically that made me look at V4L and the Vapor King again; by that time I'd spent countless hours browsing ECF.

But needless to say - I've found something that works great for me and I don't need to look any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread