• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Howdy and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
are there any specific requirements for a location or do we just need somewhere the owner is okay with it? I am fairly new to the scene and would love a chance for some face to face interactions with other people in the scene.... I also know quite a few business owners / facilities where we could make this happen....

we could do it in any number of places. We just need some members here :)

CascadianExotics

Jan 14, 2013
Portland OR
Happy to meet you all!!! I'm still new to the Vaping scene, but I'm down for a meet...

Isn't it ironic that here in Oregon, we are all concerned with being green and health-conscious, yet have relatively no community (or community support) for a culture based around a device brought into popularity by those wishing to quit polluting the air and our bodies by smoking tobacco cigarettes??

Only in Portland.... :p

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
i'm in! i really really really need help with my genesis setup, i just can't seem to get it right. Anyone with some expertise in the portland area...there has got to be!

Can you be more specific? I've been using DID's and a ZAU for several months with success, but I haven't tried dripper RBAs yet. Could you list youy equipment?
I'm pretty busy this week, but next week I'd be willing to help you out. The OB has more experience then me with some of the various attys out there (including hybrids), so you might try pm'ing him if you need help right away.

taofishdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
Can you be more specific? I've been using DID's and a ZAU for several months with success, but I haven't tried dripper RBAs yet. Could you list youy equipment?
I'm pretty busy this week, but next week I'd be willing to help you out. The OB has more experience then me with some of the various attys out there (including hybrids), so you might try pm'ing him if you need help right away.

i have the drippers down well, i am just having trouble getting my aga-t setup. I can't seem to work out the top hotspot EVER. i recently got some ribbon to try, had some success, but ultimately the top leg hotspot reared its ugly head.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Top leg hot spots are usually due to over-tightness of the coil - often this happens when you screw down the positive leg. Try wrapping the wire to the side of the post so that as you screw it down it is loosening the top leg a tiny bit.
Overall tightness of the coil can also be the culprit. The main fixes are trying to make sure the wick can move through the coil, try coiling off the atty and then attach the whole wick & wire assembly, or the drill bit method. The drill bit method is to take a drill bit just big enough for the wick hole (any piece of metal this size will do - I've used an allen wrench) and wrap the coil on the bit. Then slide the bit into the wick hole and attach the coil to the posts. Test fire the coil to stiffen it, and then roll a wick and insert it through the coil. There should be some friction as it goes through, but it shouldn't be a pain - if it is, then roll the wick tighter.

The drill bit is probably the most fool-proof. If none of these things work, then your problem is probably poor oxidation of the mesh.

What gauge wire do you use? Mechanical or VV/VW?
Use low voltage on a new setup, test the ohms of your coil (assuming you have a meter?), and I find 30 gauge easiest to work with for 1.5-2 ohm coils, though YMMV. I haven't tried the ribbon (I've got a few decades worth of kanthol already!) Also - when adjusting coils for hot-spots, it is often the coil beneath or above the spot that is the problem, so bump them all.

Hope this helps....

video of drill-bit: The DrillBit Method - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread