Howdy from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegroNerd

Dec 5, 2016
Houston, Texas
Welcome. Glad you're here!

The Pico is a great little device. I have several. (Back ups for my back ups. ;))

I've learned that I want more than one device for sure, and multiple batteries. I was at a bar last night and my pico died *tears*

Any suggestions for another device, similar to the pico?

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Howdy neighbor. Garland,TX here. Yer already outta my league with the Pico.:) Very popular and inexpensive devices tho. You always need a backup. Whether you choose another Pico or go crazy with some 30,000 watt mod... KNOW YOUR BATTERIES! And battery vendors. Plenty of help here on that subject, just ask if you need to.

Reactions: NegroNerd

NegroNerd

Dec 5, 2016
Houston, Texas
Howdy neighbor. Garland,TX here. Yer already outta my league with the Pico.:) Very popular and inexpensive devices tho. You always need a backup. Whether you choose another Pico or go crazy with some 30,000 watt mod... KNOW YOUR BATTERIES! And battery vendors. Plenty of help here on that subject, just ask if you need to.
Thanks. I'll make sure to learn about batteries and whatnot.

I'm a teacher so for 8hrs a day I'm not vaping at all. But when I get home, at least 2 hours. And then on the regular on weekends. So I know purchasing more is in the very near future [like tomorrow]. Thankfully I have a local shop that has been pretty cool with helping out. They overcharged on the Pico, but that's a learning curve for me.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Hi and welcome.
Yeah, sometimes you pay a bit more for products at the local shops, BUT the information you get for free is well worth it if you have a good retailer. My local shop that I buy from doesn't even sell rebranded batteries. Sony,Samsung, LG only. (aside from the built in batterys for that type of mod)
I always buy my cotton, ejuice and batteries locally from that one shop. I know they are authentic. LOL Not to mention, i have to pass a test if I want more advanced user items or they won't sell that item to me. (like a dual cell mechanical mod)

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Actually having a good knowledgeable B+M nearby is well worth the investment while you're educating yourself. Being charged MSRP isn't necessarily a rip off if you're getting the service you're paying for.
As for suggesting mods, I wouldn't be any help. I have a thing for tiny 'vintage' mods and rebuildable tanks/coils. The only newer stuff I bother checking out is if I see something even smaller than what I already have.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Actually having a good knowledgeable B+M nearby is well worth the investment while you're educating yourself. Being charged MSRP isn't necessarily a rip off if you're getting the service you're paying for.
As for suggesting mods, I wouldn't be any help. I have a thing for tiny 'vintage' mods and rebuildable tanks/coils. The only newer stuff I bother checking out is if I see something even smaller than what I already have.
I buy mods as I need them. LOL... I have ONE mech a V3 Flip clone that i abuse badly. And a 200w Ijoy that i use regularly. Thinking about a 300w box just 'cause. (wonder if they have 400w out yet? LOL)
Ok I'm a coil junkie. I like trying a lot of different coil builds. Like.. considering a 16 coil build when I get my kennedy rda. 4 kissing parallel coils per side. That, will take some watts to fire up. I'll work out the resistance when the time comes. Why? Just b'cause. And I just did a 3 strand parallel coil using 32ga stainless steel on a 3.0mm core. 6 1/2 wraps. Going to use it on my kanger toptank mini rba. Only thing is, using that 32g is like trying to knit with spider web. Should give some pretty nice cloud and flavor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread