Huge and Thick cloud of Vapor

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by yen187, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. yen187

yen187 Full Member

Hi All,

anyone can share tips on how you do a huge and thick cloud?

i've asked some people and they say that it's;

1) the built of your atty
    2) a method that you vape called "lung vape"

is that true or what contributes to a thick cloud? other than a high % of VG in the liquid

2. Eric1217

Eric1217 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

what i found is this (and I stand corrected on this), The cooler the vape the bigger the vapor and ofcourse the more wick surface area expose to the heating element (kanthal or Nichrome) the more vapor the particular device would produce.

3. dirtbagblz

dirtbagblz Full Member Verified Member

i have been vaping for almost 3 months and have spent around $700 on liquids , PV, RBA, RDA, etc. And in my quest of looking for the best cloud of holy goodness i have discovered the nimbus RDA. it cost around $60 and the air holes need to be drilled out bigger to around 1/16, but this bad boy got me kicked out of a bar for the sheer presence of clouds i was applying to the establishment.

4. yen187

yen187 Full Member

i've also heard of people using a wick called bastos wick which sucks the liquid and produces more vapor

dirtbagblz : are you using the standard nimbus or you have modded it? also whats your setup?

5. Red_Bird

Red_Bird Moved On

High VG % (40% or more) and LOW OHMS (1.2 ohms or less) resistance will make u a ginormous cloud.

6. tingting44

tingting44 Full Member

interesting! i might have to try a low ohm lol i do love a great big vape cloud :D

7. Section9

Section9 Senior Member

8. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

You don't need huge and thick clouds o' vapor. This is a theatrical trick posed by vapor charlatans that include some of the biggest names in "video vapor reviews." Ordinary ex-smokers of 40 years get by just fine without the huge clouds o' vapor. If you want to look at the huge clouds o' vapor charlatans then look at people who inhale with huge lung capacity, often indicated by barrel chested individuals. Who gives a crap? High VG concentrations increases visible vapor on the exhale, so does large lung capacity. Grow up, there are a lot of carnival acts out there.

9. Magsimus858

Magsimus858 Full Member

low ohms , bigger air hole(s), number of coils, % of VG, mech or VV/VW mods

i have a single coil ( 2/3 wrap with 30 gauge kanthal around silica wick) on my igo-l with one air hole bored out (not sure the exact size) on my k100 and its like a cloud machine !

10. Tripster

Tripster Super Member ECF Veteran

I have awesome lungs and I only utilize SmokTech Super Shorty Carto's at 2.0ohm w/90%+ VG juice running on a single Panasonic CGR Hybrid 3.7v battery in my Original Precise 18650 and I get more than enough clouds. These lil less than $2 cartos+Battery+my lungs equals to rather nice clouds, I've also was able to fog out a large 3 bedroom apartment with just an io6 at 1.5ohm and a 3.7v battery...the smoke detectors went off and the fire department rushed over while I didn't know it was due to my lung power.

This 3 bedroom apartment was roughly 700 square feet, yea I destroyed the io6 simply buy taking rather longer drags than normal but was able to perform as in clouds as some sub ohm setups...yes I know with some setups you don't need to take longer drags but either way I mimicked those low ohm setups with lr atties that only cost $1.59-$7.

Hype will distract you from the pure enjoyment and rewarding benefits of simply vaping, going for the lowest sub-ohms and clouds can become dangerous and costly in more ways than one. This isn't bout who has the most expensive and rare Tier 1 devices, lowest possible sub-ohms, more than 12 coils, largest clouds, thickest clouds, and the like...Vaping is supposed to be a "safer" alternative and the Vaping Community is supposed to be bout aiding each other with rational, logical, factual, and reasonable information on Vaping.

Rant//

11. RelativeBewt

RelativeBewt PV Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    i just power hit it. sr atty and high voltage. plumes! lol. i only do that when i feel like showing off haha. i am a carto vaper.

12. yzer

Gawd, I just hit my Sigelei Telescopic and got a huge plume of thick dense vapor. Who cares, and who can judge? What work for you at the time works for you. Get a grip. I was just as happy a year ago with my E-Power 14650. Whats next, a theatrical fog machine?

13. RelativeBewt

Supporting member
    whoa... i wasnt tryin to argue... i was just adding to the convo... i agree completely, its whatever works for the person.

14. aPandaz

aPandaz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Seems like I see a lot of judging going on for people who want big clouds. People vape how they want to vape.

For the OP, for most big cloud setups I usually see dual coil, sub ohm setups with big holes in the top cap. Usually 2-3 mm. Also high VG juice. You don't have to get an expensive RDA for this. I setup my IGO-L with dual coils and 1/16 holes on each side and it made big clouds like my Nimbus. If you go too big you lose flavor, but if you're chasing clouds I don't know if that matters.

15. RelativeBewt

Supporting member
    i can fog up a room with a sr joye 510 debridged atty. you dont have to spend hundreds on a genny setup, altho i do want one :)

16. yzer

Exactly. You can fog up room with an eGo type PV or maybe not. Maybe you need a Sigelei or a Provari to do this. Either way, you don't need to fog up anything to get the nicotine you need to get off cigarettes (analogs!!!) and that's what I'm looking for. Maybe you don't smoke and you just want to do nicotine because you don't want to try something else, that's not my issue.

17. RelativeBewt

Supporting member
    whoa dude, i said in the post before that one that i just do it to show off... and i do it with ZERO NIC juice.

18. RelativeBewt

Supporting member
    im not tryin to argue, im done here. i get the nic i need to stay away from analogs baby hittin a standard carto and 18 juice.

19. yzer

I could try vaping straight Glycerin USP and a little H2O, but I'm not there yet. Whatever works. I like 18mg nic., 2.5 ml a day. Talk about big holes in the carto... I use four big holes punched into the bottom of a Smoktech 2.0 ohm XL carto with a Siam Mods carto punch. Works good to up to two weeks and 30ml+ for me. No flooding.

20. AttyPops

AttyPops Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran

Argument and judgement aside...

You lungs are for air/co2 exchange.
    Big clouds = lots of vapor = lots of coating your lungs. Even though e-cigs are safer...IDK how bad it gets with 12 coils and such. Certainly nothing I'd do all day long if I checked into it. 2 coils are common. But the SLR multi-coil (4 8 12) setups could be trouble....

Don't over-coat your lungs and block the air exchange. O2 deprivation will kill you faster than cloud deprivation....just say'n.

e-cigs already produce more "vapor" than cigs produce smoke. So....use common sense!

Also, the videos don't teach electronics and how to not blow your teeth out with venting batteries. So make sure you understand the electronics and have a multi-meter if you get anywhere near the SLR stuff. It's not for newbies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.