Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Congrats...one of my personal favorites, the V2 Vamo.

I have the anodized aluminum version sitting next to me.

All other Vamos are crap (IMO), the V2 is also in the top 10 most popular, best performing and highest grossing sales mods to date.

I got the gun-metal version, and yeah, the finish is somewhat fragile; I had a huge scratch on the extension tube, and also on that tube, a rubbed spot where my wedding ring would hit it. My only gripe was that it took only 18350s or 18650s, but Edyle told me about using a Chi You kick ring, to enable it to use 18500s... so now I use that instead of my marred extension tube, it's not so godawful long, and the new 18500 AWs have decent battery-life -- I got the brass-toned kick ring, (which looks gold) and use a gold KFL+ on it... it looks terrific! With that kick ring, my ring hits there now, so I won't get that unsightly rubbed spot.

Andria

Reactions: cooladdict

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
You have to take into consideration of just how thorough Phil actually is with his reviews.

His reviews are important to China as most name branded manufacturers look to him for future model upgrades.

To be honest, he's truly the "go-to" reviewer if you want the most accurate info on any device that he reviews.

However, his opinions are not always grouped with the majority!

This is the guy that gave the iSmoka 20W iStick a thumbs down because it wasn't tuned to his liking (RMS). The 20W iStick was and probably still is the #1 most units sold $20 semi-mod of all time.

Probably the single most memorable 'blunder' of Phil's thumb's down reviews to date, cuz the 20W iStick was a global phenomenon of popularity, performance and longevity. One of the top 10 picks to have in your vaping arsenal!

But because of Phil's review of it, iSmoka changed future releases of the iStick (10W, 30W, 50W, 100W...and now TC40) to RMS.

To me, he is way too long winded. A lot of his dislikes are very trivial and inconsistent. Something he likes in one video, he will point out the same thing as a negative about another product in another video. Several of his suggestions I've seen would cause a potential issue, like him suggesting the battery slide on from the bottom. Why make it easier to drop the battery? Dropping it on from the top means it is less likely to fall off the bottom. A stumble while walking, and a quick movement to catch yourself could lead to the battery getting thrown and damaged. Personally, I would like to see a locking system more than magnets, a good strong lug that locks it in place where the user has to slide a tab to release it. Thats just me I guess. Anyways, like I said, opinions=anus', we all have them.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I watched the review and gave it measured and deserved merit. The only issue that I found strange was the arrow keys. Everything else about the mod seems as if it worked as designed. That being said, after seeing all the pictures, black on black is my favorite (knowing that I would just have to get green, red, and blue extra batteries (until the blaze orange comes out then I'd get one of those too).

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I'm right on the border w/ MS, TN, AR and haven't received mine yet. @Innokin_Ash is looking into it for me, but hasn't got the tracking # for it yet. It makes me feel better that someone else hasn't received theirs yet.

You're not the only one Bella. I haven't gotten mine yet either. :( But I'm on the west coast - maybe that has something to do with it. (Although, I would think it would have been faster).

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Worked as in made vapor, yes
Worked as in regulated to anywhere near your displayed settings? Absolutely not.
Was it an overall good device? Yes... It was the first of its kind to offer that much power in that small of a package for that cheap of a price....but it could have been better with a simple difference in programming (rms instead of mean) and better 510.

Technically, you're correct.

However....I'd put money on it that a blindfold test would change your mind as well as any other "technically accurate" commentator.

If the 20W iStick were presented to anyone wearing a blindfold and was compared with another device of similar capability and performance....the iStick would probably be chosen as the favorite.

Whatever wavelength that iSmoka chose for the 20W, it was genius....cuz the device just works fantastic.

I wasn't a fan of it either at first, not until I got one in my hands.

I loved it....it's a killer device for mouth-lung vapers.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I used my Vamo V2 for 2 years every day. When the 510 threads finally stripped out too much to screw an atty on, I got some t3s tanks and used the ego threads. For a $30 mod, I got way more than my money's worth.

ROFL... I got mine for $17 -- with 11 months' use on it now, I got far MORE than my money's worth!! :D

Andria

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Why make it easier to drop the battery? Dropping it on from the top means it is less likely to fall off the bottom.

You musta missed the part where he stated that he thought the battery should be latched and not press-fit onto the body.

If the battery were latched and had to be removed going down, then your concern would be resolved.

Reactions: cooladdict

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
But it did work for it.

May not have worked with very many device prior to the iStick, but it worked like a CHAMP!

Sadly, Phil's thumb's down was a gross error in judgement.

The 20W iStick was one of the greatest vaping devices that's ever come out of China to date.

Peeps are still using units that were purchased over a year ago.

When was the last time you bought a semi-mod that lasted 6 months without fail?

The 20W is truly a performer.....it's ROCK solid.

It wasn't a blunder at all. That review probably put more pressure on eleaf to fix their next gen devices than any amount of griping on forums did. If he'd given them a pass, it's likely they'd have continued using AVG instead of Vrms.

And I like PB's review of the Disrupter, I appreciate the thoroughness, he always provides enough information that I can decide what's important (or not) to me. Better than the other superficial reviewers that ooh and ahh over anything new that they got for free. But I think he's wrong in suggesting the battery should slide off towards the bottom. I have no problem with the "industrial" design look of the top and bottom.

P.S. Anyone who thinks Phil is too long winded, just skip to 34:20 for the thumbs up/thumbs down summary. His bottom line "a completely trouble-free vape" and over-all thumbs up.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Technically, you're correct.

However....I'd put money on it that a blindfold test would change your mind as well as any other "technically accurate" commentator.

If the 20W iStick were presented to anyone wearing a blindfold and was compared with another device of similar capability and performance....the iStick would probably be chosen as the favorite.

Whatever wavelength that iSmoka chose for the 20W, it was genius....cuz the device just works fantastic.

I wasn't a fan of it either at first, not until I got one in my hands.

I loved it....it's a killer device for mouth-lung vapers.
Nope.....i never liked the istick 20w vape... It always had a harshness to the vape that I just didn't like.... Because of which it always sat in my vape case as an unused backup. :p

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
You musta missed the part where he stated that he thought the battery should be latched and not press-fit onto the body.

If the battery were latched and had to be removed going down, then your concern would be resolved.
How many times did he mention bottom loading the battery? I could have sworn I saw 3 times with no mention of latching it. Like I said, way too long winded, so I started skipping around. A shorter, direct to the point review would have kept me from missing that. That's the big problem with him, he drones on and on and on, and goes back and forth about stuff. Some decent editing could cut that video to 15min, and kept it to the point. Way more useful than 45 min of bouncing around...

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
It wasn't a blunder at all. That review probably put more pressure on eleaf to fix their next gen devices than any amount of griping on forums did. If he'd given them a pass, it's likely they'd have continued using AVG instead of Vrms.

Eleaf is a trademark (brand name), not the manufacturer.

iSmoka is the company that makes the iStick.

Phil's thumb's down of a device that he reviewed as "I've been using this and I'm really, really happy with it." (4:04)....is a BLUNDER!

Seeing a thumb's down come out of this review was a SHOCK!

He more or less gave it an outstanding rating and he himself is "really, really happy with it"...but yet he gave it a thumb's down.

That's a major injustice to this device.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Nope.....i never liked the istick 20w vape... It always had a harshness to the vape that I just didn't like.... Because of which it always sat in my vape case as an unused backup. :p

And I wouldn't buy an iStick till the 30w, because I heard that they fixed it so it would run at the specified wattage, as other mods do at that wattage. That's a pretty big fix, when folks won't even buy the product because they've heard it "runs hot." I'm a steadfast tootle puffer, and running at the 4.2v of a charged battery is too hot for me, unless I build about a 2.5-3Ω coil -- normally I build in the 1.5-1.8Ω range, so it would have been a big PITA for me.

Andria

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
How many times did he mention bottom loading the battery? I could have sworn I saw 3 times with no mention of latching it. Like I said, way too long winded, so I started skipping around. A shorter, direct to the point review would have kept me from missing that. That's the big problem with him, he drones on and on and on, and goes back and forth about stuff. Some decent editing could cut that video to 15min, and kept it to the point. Way more useful than 45 min of bouncing around...

Well, that's why you gotta watch the whole review.

He's VERY thorough! :)

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
And I wouldn't buy an iStick till the 30w, because I heard that they fixed it so it would run at the specified wattage, as other mods do at that wattage.

The 20W outsold all other versions and is still being bought today.

I see requests for them often in the classifieds here.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I watch PBusardo when I am unsure I want to buy a device because he always finds something wrong with it :facepalm:
If I really want to buy a device and need a little push, I watch Todd :laugh: He always seems to find the best in things.

Todd does warn and stress that the Disrupter that he got and the other reviewers got were not the same as the retail version.
So some of the thumbs down that PB did might have got changed in the retail version.

I like to watch a bunch of reviews because I think you can't go on what one reviewer says.
Here's a few, GrimmGreen, The Vapor Chronicles, Mike Vapes, and Vapor Trail Channel
And like others mentioned here, some people might hate something that other people love.

Indoorsmokers is a big Innokin fan, so especially when it comes to Innokin I like to watch his reviews.
And his reviews are more like how one of my friends would tell me about a new device they just got.

You might have heard a reviewer say, George from Innokin sent this to me or Innokin George sent this, he works for Innokin, which means he gets to be one of the first to try new Innokin stuff.
So I like to check his channel out for the latest from Innokin.

Here is Todd :)

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
Just a random post stating I love innokin products. Granted I have only two products I have bought other products to give to family members. I feel like I can trust the quality. I made a mistake a bought a Istick 20 once for a present. It ended up being thrown in the garbage. However, I bought two MVP 20 watts and gifted them and the peeps were thrilled with their gifts.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Nope. Not allowed

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
  • Deleted by retired1

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
The 20W outsold all other versions and is still being bought today.

I see requests for them often in the classifieds here.
When I got into vaping, it was because of a friends iStick 20. I got a 30 and then a 50 and was disappointed in them by comparison. I dealt with it, but liked the 20 better. Another case of pbusardo's opinion taking a good product back a few steps?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
  • Deleted by retired1

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
It's his job to be nit pickey! Granted some of his reviews are long winded you have to realize that believe it or not, there are some very particular people out there that may have issues with certain things. He did a review of a mod that I was considering purchasing and in the review he noted that the screen was off center. To most, who cares right?! It would drive me nuts! So I appreciated that fact that he pointed that out. On the Disrupter, almost every review I've seen they make mention of the top looking "unfinished" with the screws. Even GrimmGreen pointed it out. If you don't like him, don't watch his videos. Unfortunately Todd has stopped doing reviews so we're down one good reviewer. Even Todd said he didn't like the top. What I'm getting at here is you can't discredit someone's OPINION on something. You can only discredit FACT. I was considering getting a Disrupter but the FACT is there is no lock on the battery. I have an issue with that because I know me and my luck. I know the battery will at some point come off when I'm putting it in my pocket. That's just me. I really think EVERYONE who does an in depth review on anything should be commended for their time for trying to help us, the consumers, make a more educated decision on a product. If there are any reviewers reading this: THABK YOU!

I'm not sure why you quoted me.. I didn't put down his review at all..lol.

But it did work for it.

May not have worked with very many device prior to the iStick, but it worked like a CHAMP!

Sadly, Phil's thumb's down was a gross error in judgement.

The 20W iStick was one of the greatest vaping devices that's ever come out of China to date.

Peeps are still using units that were purchased over a year ago.

When was the last time you bought a semi-mod that lasted 6 months without fail?

The 20W is truly a performer.....it's ROCK solid.

The Istick 20 was the worse mod I've ever had, and I had 2 of those things. If I didn't run them at the lowest wattage it burned my coils up didn't matter what ohm coil it was. The Istick 50w I have has issues too. The sucker will auto fire every once in a while for no reason at all. I'll never buy another Istick.

I've had 2 MVP 2's, and a VV3 from Innokin since I first started vaping over a year ago now.. Never had an issue with any of them and they are still going strong. I just PIF'd the MVP 2's recently and they are happy at new homes now. My husband uses the VV3 and is hard on it at work, never had one problem out of it.

I just recently added the MVP 3, and Cool Fire IV to my collection.. I'm sure they will last just as long as the other Innokin products I've had.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
When I got into vaping, it was because of a friends iStick 20. I got a 30 and then a 50 and was disappointed in them by comparison. I dealt with it, but liked the 20 better. Another case of pbusardo's opinion taking a good product back a few steps?

In this one single case, Phil's review may have been the single BIGGEST review blunder's of all time!

I often wonder what iSmoka would have made if Phil gave it a thumbs up?

Reactions: SomeTexan

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread