Status
Not open for further replies.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I'd rather mow the lawn then do all the regular housework. Of course, I do it all now. :p
Then I am your man... I have a team of cheerleaders who clean the house every Friday, but I do cook....... BTW I have 12 acres!
bb1cad4c.x50.gif

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Tcr is the wire types temp. coefficient number...... The evic uses a tcr that's too low, puts the ti temps off...... Go to the evic vt thread you will see my temp prob findings.

Have you thought about mixing your juice with higher percentages just for that setup?

Fyi.... You may be getting a hot leg or hot spot on the coil, that would explain that flavor.....
With the cap off and no wick, fire the coil with the temp up around 450...... Check the legs especially.

Try doing a build by trapping the legs under the post screw (like you would a kayfun) instead of through the post hole...... Those holes sometimes cause issues

The Achilles mounts coils exactly like a kayfun, around, not through.

I thought you weren't supposed to dry burn titanium?

I dont want to mix any new right now, because I'm finishing the last 30ml of the 3% WTA before I make some 2.75% WTA for the first week of August.

Andria

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I have a quick question you
Might be able to answer.

I see Ti wire advertised as "grade 1".
Grade 1 Ti is alloyed with aluminum to make it soft and easier to work.

Vaping from heated Aluminum isn't good or safe. That's a fact.

Grade 2 is unalloyed and better suited for vaping.

Why would anyone use Grade 1?
G1 doesn't contain aluminum.......
G1 is one of the purest forms, what is used for jewelry making.
Titanium Grades Information - Properties and Applications for all Titanium Alloys & Pure Grades - Supraalloys.com

As shown here, the first grade containing aluminum is G5
MrTitanium's List of Titanium Grades

You will see here that g1 has a lower oxygen content then g2, making it softer and more pliable
What are titanium grades - the ultimate answer

You COULD use g2, it's also commercially pure ti, but wont be as easy to work with.
Hope that helps

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
The Achilles mounts coils exactly like a kayfun, around, not through.

I thought you weren't supposed to dry burn titanium?

I dont want to mix any new right now, because I'm finishing the last 30ml of the 3% WTA before I make some 2.75% WTA for the first week of August.

Andria
You aren't supposed to heat it above 1200 degrees Fahrenheit..... Which is around what a brightly glowing coil temp is...... If you are in tc mode..... You will be fine "dry burning", you could go to max setting of 600 degrees and still be well within safe conditions.... But will let you see immediately if there is a problem spot

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
G1 doesn't contain aluminum.......
G1 is one of the purest forms, what is used for jewelry making.
Titanium Grades Information - Properties and Applications for all Titanium Alloys & Pure Grades - Supraalloys.com

As shown here, the first grade containing aluminum is G5
MrTitanium's List of Titanium Grades

You will see here that g1 has a lower oxygen content then g2, making it softer and more pliable
What are titanium grades - the ultimate answer

You COULD use g2, it's also commercially pure ti, but wont be as easy to work with.
Hope that helps

G1 is softer.
Most commercially available g1 Ti is actually alloyed to sold as G1.
It's not really meant for our application.
I've always found g2 to be better for these types of applicatio
You aren't supposed to heat it above 1200 degrees Fahrenheit..... Which is around what a brightly glowing coil temp is...... If you are in tc mode..... You will be fine "dry burning", you could go to max setting of 600 degrees and still be well within safe conditions.... But will let you see immediately if there is a problem spot

That's why I was concerned with G1 and alloys.
High temps with certain metals release nasty stuff.
I know G2 is reasonably safe within our operating ranges.
I've never used temp controlled devices so I'm not up to speed on the particulars, and never really worked with Ti much, except for g2.

Reactions: cooladdict

Ken1979

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2015
Telford , TN 37690
Pretty much. As long as it keeps the cravings at bay and gives me an enjoyable vape.
I once said I wouldn't sub-ohm, didn't see the point lol thought it was for the cloud chasers. Then I gave it a shot and wow whole new world and I don't chain vape as much. Plus I've lowered my Nic level from 24 to between 6-12 depending on tank/rda and build!!!!;

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
G1 is softer.
Most commercially available g1 Ti is actually alloyed to sold as G1.
It's not really meant for our application.
I've always found g2 to be better for these types of applicatio

That's why I was concerned with G1 and alloys.
High temps with certain metals release nasty stuff.
I know G2 is reasonably safe within our operating ranges.
I've never used temp controlled devices so I'm not up to speed on the particulars, and never really worked with Ti much, except for g2.

You need to purchase from a reputable vendor......G1 is not an alloy..... If they are selling an alloyed ti as G1, they are lying.
A good source is from jewelry supply places like this
Pure Titanium Wire - 100% Guarantee - Specific for Jewelry Surgical Gr – Unkamen Supplies

I hate it when some "vape supply" place hypes up something and miss labels or lies about it just to make more money :/

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I liked than accidentally unliked your post LOLOL
I have been doing that at LOT lately! My browser hangs and I get impatient and click it again so I have to re-like the post after the browser is done doing its thing. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread