Not open for further replies.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Okay...here we go.

Now keep in mind, this was posted back in the days of stick and ego batteries using standard atomizers.

Nobody had ever seen anything like this image before....

Raidy_s_cloud.jpg

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Reading all of that I have to ask, So what is next for mods.
When they had that quick draw question here, it was pretty hard to come up with a idea for what to do next to a mod.
I think everything has been done or close to it.
I think the InnoCell and it's battery safety is a really big step, so that covers the start of the next generation of batteries.
It seems like there's a new tank and coil out everyday. But they all seem to be pretty much the same :facepalm:

Someone mentioned coil in the contest and I think that's something we do need.
But it's like asking a tire company to make a tire to last longer, it's going to hurt their tire sales if they make them to last to long :laugh:
I know this is hard because people vape different, more or less then each other.
But it would be nice to see a coil made to last longer and maybe made of a safe material that can be washed out with tap water and reused.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
But the story behind exactly WHY....the 510 connector is now the universal standard connector for pretty much everything...starts out with (IMO) the very first evolution in vaping.

It all started with modders here, when someone created a tube mod using a horn switch.

Very shortly after that invention took off in modding circles here, Joyetech copied the idea and created the 510 manual battery.

This was the first model to come out of China that had a fire button.

The Joyetech 510 was immensely popular mainly because they made the best atomizers available, everything else was crap by comparison.

So the 510 literally put every other e-cig maker in China out of business within a YEAR. Back then, there weren't that many...maybe less than a dozen.

But the reason why all other connectors disappeared was because of modders.

At that time, China refused to make adapters (or sell just the connectors) for their stuff and wanted to keep everything proprietary. So everybody and their brother started buying up dead or used 510 stick batteries and 510 atomizers so that they could build mods using the 510 connectors.

When China began to see that the 510 was quite literally taking over the entire vaping market, only then did they attempt to regain some marketshare and started making adapters...but by then it was too late and the 510 connector was everywhere.

So everything that was bought from China HAD to have the 510 connector or nobody wanted it.

And that's why the 510 connector is now a standard for everything. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: FringeChief68

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Let me know how they are please! I LOVE the novelty of them!
I figured even if the juice wasn't any good, a person could dump it out and refill it with juice they liked just to have a nice juice bottle :rolleyes:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Reading all of that I have to ask, So what is next for mods.

IMO..it'll be artificial intelligence or some kind of voice-activated device.

At some future point, your phone will likely be adapted to your vaping device.

Maybe even some kind of connector and app that can be added so that a device can use the cpu and memory of your phone.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
I figured even if the juice wasn't any good, a person could dump it out and refill it with juice they liked just to have a nice juice bottle :rolleyes:

I was thinking of doing just that! But, I'm still curious to know how the juice tastes. :)

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
But IMO...the single greatest step in vaping tech should go back to Hon Lik.

When a highly advanced and significantly more powerful ultrasonic transducer is invented, vaping will take it first leap into the actual future of vaping.

Hon's invention (the first commercially successful e-cig) was an engineering marvel, so his successor will rule the vaping world.

The ultrasonic transducer is the key to vaping's future....

It would eliminate the need for a wick and a coil.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Shek, you are giving me Vietnam flashbacks. The 510 stick battery was the hot item when I started and is what I started with. It didn't take long to get tired of charging batteries 10-20 times a day before I found the modders section and built my first box mod. I think the tutorial was by nicoticket but I'm not sure. We couldn't buy connectors so I tore one out of a 510 battery and made a box mod with a 14500 battery. I was in heaven.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
    I was thinking of doing just that! But, I'm still curious to know how the juice tastes. :)
    A flashback for me :rolleyes:
    I do have a Innokin Ucan V2.0 :) It's pretty neat too.

Innokin Ucan V2.0

Todd back in 2012, when he did reviews from inside his house. :laugh:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    Shek, you are giving me Vietnam flashbacks. The 510 stick battery was the hot item when I started and is what I started with. It didn't take long to get tired of charging batteries 10-20 times a day before I found the modders section and built my first box mod. I think the tutorial was by nicoticket but I'm not sure. We couldn't buy connectors so I tore one out of a 510 battery and made a box mod with a 14500 battery. I was in heaven.

LOL...Yep. :D

Those were the days.

I also quit using the 510 (2009) and got into modding for the exact same reason as yours. :)

But I bought my first e-cig in late 2007, the DSE901 for $80.

Piece of junk, worked...but barely.

Last edited:

-Redd-

ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2013
    A Brit in the Land of Clogs
    IMO..it'll be artificial intelligence or some kind of voice-activated device.

At some future point, your phone will likely be adapted to your vaping device.

Maybe even some kind of connector and app that can be added so that a device can use the cpu and memory of your phone.

A voice activated pv was one of my ideas in the contest ... I won a Disrupter with it. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread