West Virginia, USA
Friday2_zps8yga1j7m.jpg

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Carefull jumping in the shower that could be dangerous, I recommend gently stepping in the shower LOL

Since I actually still have a cast on one leg, I'm not JUMPING into into anything! LOL. Thanks for the advice!

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
I know i am being a nOOb but where do we find these questions. I have not seen any when reading through post. Thank You all for the Help.
Ill tag you for the one being posted today so you don't miss it

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Hope your healing well!! How did you break it?

Good morning and good luck to all:thumbs:

That's terrible!:unsure: I hope its healing well:)

Thanks guys. I actually didn't break it, I had a revision surgery. Last year I had some cadaver bones put in and some screws. Well one of the screws was fractured and my bone was not healing correctly (my surgeon thinks a lot of that is because of my heavy smoking). So 7/1, I had 2 steel plates put in and a bone graph taken from my heel. I have been unable to use my right foot/leg for a month now! Today is my xray and dr. appt, so I'm hoping to be put in a walking boot today!!

Ken1979

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2015
Telford , TN 37690
Thanks guys. I actually didn't break it, I had a revision surgery. Last year I had some cadaver bones put in and some screws. Well one of the screws was fractured and my bone was not healing correctly (my surgeon thinks a lot of that is because of my heavy smoking). So 7/1, I had 2 steel plates put in and a bone graph taken from my heel. I have been unable to use my right foot/leg for a month now! Today is my xray and dr. appt, so I'm hoping to be put in a walking boot today!!
Good luck been there myself

Ken1979

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2015
Telford , TN 37690
Thanks, @Kenneth Willis, so you know how much this sucks... :(
Broke my left foot twice in two years, it didn't heal r right the first time so when it broke the second time I spent 4 months in a cast then two in a boot. All because smoking was slowing bone growth!! Then leads than a year later. last July I broke my back and had na tri level fusion with rods plates and screws. So yeah I feel for you, I'm hoping my streak of misfortune will end soon!!

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Broke my left foot twice in two years, it didn't heal r right the first time so when it broke the second time I spent 4 months in a cast then two in a boot. All because smoking was slowing bone growth!! Then leads than a year later. last July I broke my back and had na tri level fusion with rods plates and screws. So yeah I feel for you, I'm hoping my streak of misfortune will end soon!!
I hope your streak ends too! That's terrible. Hope you are at least feeling ok, for the most part (other than not being able to sleep?). And yes, we both had slowed bone growth due to smoking! Makes for a good reason to quit! And celebrate that we have! Yay for bone growth! LOL

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Goodmorning!!!

Good Luck to everyone on this weekends quick draw!!!

Oh Ouch! I am so sorry that you have to go through that. I hope that you get good news from your Dr today!
I am curious about the fractured screw that caused you this complication.. Is that a common thing or a manufacturer defect?

Ken1979

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2015
Telford , TN 37690
I hope your streak ends too! That's terrible. Hope you are at least feeling ok, for the most part (other than not being able to sleep?). And yes, we both had slowed bone growth due to smoking! Makes for a good reason to quit! And celebrate that we have! Yay for bone growth! LOL
I have been smoke free for months now and don't even really crave them anymore!! And I do ok, I have permanent nerve damage so I'm constantly in pain but I'm thankful I'm able to walk and because of all this I get to spend more time with my kids and wife.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Goodmorning!!!

Good Luck to everyone on this weekends quick draw!!!

Oh Ouch! I am so sorry that you have to go through that. I hope that you get good news from your Dr today!
I am curious about the fractured screw that caused you this complication.. Is that a common thing or a manufacturer defect?

Thank you! And my surgeon does not believe it is a manufacturer defect. I don't think it's super common, but it does happen. Part of my problem was that the bone wasn't growing back together and after that surgery, I got into a walking boot full-time way too quickly. Doc had said to slowly transition and I just said, forget that! I'm all in. That's why we're taking it so much slower this time AND getting an xray before he decides if I can start getting into the walking boot yet or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread