Status
Not open for further replies.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Thank you, it has not been a easy transition going from workin full time at the bank to being disabled and a stay at home dad! My wife is amazing and that helped alot! This has been a very long journey. I had a burst fracture at L4 and couldn't walk for two weeks till the swelling went down, I still have weakness' and numbness in my left leg and severe pain from the nerve damage! Moral of this long story is God is good and without him this journey would have had a different outcome!!
not a long story but an inspiring one! I say the same thing about life when I think about my health and the liver transplant my bio-dad received two years ago on fathers day.

:):):)

is everyone as anxious as I am to see todays quick draw get started??

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Had my last smoke about 5 months ago. Every once in awhile I think of having a smoke, then I walk past someone who smells like an ashtray and that cures the thought of having one. As time goes on, you think of smoking less and less. The first month was the hardest and I chained vaped. I've been slowly lowering my nic level, every time I go down, I feel the pull and vape more till I get acclimated to the new nic level. Eventually I want to be at 0 nic and am at 6 now. I will never go back to the stinkies. I smoked for over 30 years...not going back.

Congrats on five months! It does get easier with time. I had occasional cravings (accompanied by dreams of smoking) right up to the 1 year mark. Some of them surprised me with how intense they were, although they were thankfully short lived.

I used to keep an ashtray filled with wet cigarette butts on my side porch. One smell of that and no more cravings.

Best advice I can give you on cutting back on the nicotine is to SLOW DOWN. You smoked for 30 years, give your body time to adjust...... slowly. I dropped 6 mgs every 6-9 months or so and its been relatively painless so far. Started at 36 mg and am now down to 3mg.When I drop to 0 nic I will likely vape that for 6 months to a year before weaning myself off of vaping completely.

Both anecdotal evidence and recent scientific research shows that vaping is better for us than cigarettes, so if it takes us 5 years to stop vaping were still making progress and doing less harm to our bodies in the process.

No need to rush.

Last edited:

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
07b57ded37d676083b1c8f8de779c057.jpg

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
Congrats on five months! It does get easier with time. I had occasional cravings right up to the 1 year mark. Some of them surprised me with how intense they were, although they were thankfully short lived.

I used to keep an ashtray filled with wet cigarette butts on my side porch. One smell of that and no more cravings.

Best advice I can give you on cutting back on the nicotine is to SLOW DOWN. You smoked for 30 years, give your body time to adjust...... slowly. I dropped 6 mgs every 6-9 months or so and its been relatively painless so far. Started at 36 mg and am now down to 3mg.When I drop to 0 nic I will likely vape that for 6 months to a year before weaning myself off of vaping completely.

Anecdotal evidence shows that vaping is better for us than cigarettes, so if it takes us 5 years to stop vaping were still making progress and doing less harm to our bodies in the process.

I started at 15 mgs and I usually drop 1 or 2 mg when I go down. I buy juice at a place that makes it on the spot and you can choose your nic level. I don't drop the drastic increments of 6 mgs at a time...it's a slow 1 or 2 mgs when I drop. I've been vaping the 6mgs now for about 3 weeks. It will probably be another month before I go down and when I do, I will go to 4mgs. I'm not rushing...I'm just listening to my body...when it doesn't feel the pull to always vape...then I go down a little and become acclimated again to the next nic level. They say the addiction to nicotine is 3 days to get over,detox...it's the other aspects, habits of smoking that is hard to break. I can do this...I'm never going back to smoking.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
My friend, the one that introduced me to vaping, was on a 2 year vape program. He started out with 24mg and would drop 2mg every month till he hit 0mg.
He hit 0mg over a year ago but still vapes. :)
I got down to 18mg. Then I started using sub-ohm coils and dropped down to 3mg.
Now that's all I use is 3mg in everything.
:danger: If you start to use a sub-ohm tank you should drop your Nic down. Bigger cloud means more vapor which means a lot more Nic.
I wouldn't suggest using over 6mg in a sub-ohm tank, even if you use 24mg I still wouldn't go over 6mg. That's how much more nic your going to get from sub-ohm tanks.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I'll probably miss out on the mini contest. It is my luck. I have to buy food so a market run is in order.

Koolkiz, you can still put in your answer when you get back. You've got plenty of time before Monday.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Koolkiz, you can still put in your answer when you get back. You've got plenty of time before Monday.

That's good; today is payday, so I'll be in and out... Got here around 10am, hoping I hadn't missed it... now it's after noon and still nada! :w00t:

Andria

Ken1979

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2015
Telford , TN 37690
LOOOOOOOK INTO MY EYES....

iStock_000001985550XSmall.jpg

YOU'RE ALL GETTING VEEEEERY SLEEEEPY.
Wrote I am very sleepy, yall find some of the coolest images to post. I'm doing all this from my phone so it gets difficult sometimes

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
My friend, the one that introduced me to vaping, was on a 2 year vape program. He started out with 24mg and would drop 2mg every month till he hit 0mg.
He hit 0mg over a year ago but still vapes. :)
I got down to 18mg. Then I started using sub-ohm coils and dropped down to 3mg.
Now that's all I use is 3mg in everything.
:danger: If you start to use a sub-ohm tank you should drop your Nic down. Bigger cloud means more vapor which means a lot more Nic.
I wouldn't suggest using over 6mg in a sub-ohm tank, even if you use 24mg I still wouldn't go over 6mg. That's how much more nic your going to get from sub-ohm tanks.

I don't sub ohm...maybe someday...but yes I know very little nic when sub ohming. Can you sub ohm with 0 nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread