FDA Huge news from the UK: E-cigarettes more effective than NRT for smoking cessation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
It is. A few hints though... While he's on the same HELP committee as Harkin and other Dems that sent 'the letter' to the FDA, his name wasn't on it.

And then there's this:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-assistant-help-committee-6.html#post13325995

post#53

No need to convince me.. Already a long-time R & R Paul fan...

Wasn't aware of Rand's stance on the FDA, but makes sense..

I also think Rand comes across as more palatable than Ron, when it comes to the public..

Would be nice to see him in the WH for 8 years...

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
No need to convince me.. Already a long-time R & R Paul fan...

Wasn't aware of Rand's stance on the FDA, but makes sense..

I also think Rand comes across as more palatable than Ron, when it comes to the public..

Would be nice to see him in the WH for 8 years...

In many cases you'll see "Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Rand Paul", cited as though they are 'eggs, bacon and toast'. Here's Sen. Mike Lee (UT) regulation:

"We all know about the booming proliferation of tax carve-outs and loopholes. Today, the internal revenue code is about four million words long. Depending on your brand of right-of-center politics, that works out to about five copies of the King James Bible… or six copies of Atlas Shrugged.

But the tax code is just one of many cases in which the sheer size and complexity of the law operates as a cronyist subsidy all by itself.

Complicated regulations – however imposed – always increase the costs of doing business. Those higher costs in turn advantage the largest firms because they can always afford to hire more lawyers and lobbyists, while smaller, younger competitors can’t.

For this reason, very often the most onerous regulations governing an industry are endorsed by the largest players in that sector. The largest light-bulb manufacturers supported the 2007 ban on incandescent bulbs. The largest toy manufacturers supported onerous new testing standards in 2008. The largest tobacco company supported 2009 legislation to give the FDA regulatory oversight over its product. And lest we forget, the largest pharmaceutical companies supported Obamacare. In every case, the resulting regulations helped cement the incumbents’ dominant market positions – as intended."

Speeches - Press Office - Mike Lee, United States Senator for Utah

And Rand Paul was one of the 17 Senators voted against the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.

...Cruz and Lee weren't elected yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread