Hussar RTA single coil deck (attack of the clones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I've heard wonderful things about the Nebula Wine. Are you ranking the Siren, Nebula Wine and Hussar in that order?
I think you will find that the SXK Doggystyle is very much like the Wine but the airflow is already set to proper MTL tightness with a 1.5mm airhole. I'm loving it and is available on FT for $10 with coupon code MAP.

MoodyB

Jan 10, 2015
Scotland
All in all not a bad rig, but a bit more faff that I would prefer, for instance compare to the SXK DoggyStyle, which is zero faff but doesn't have as many moving parts.

But these are initial thoughts and may grow to really love it after fiddling about.

How do you find the throat hit on the Hussar compared to the SXK DoggyStyle?

I've gone on a recent buying spree for small'ish MTL tanks for using when out & about, and have the SXK DoggyStyle & the Pico + CLR adaptor ( Hussar is next on my list, along with the CloudOne )

DoggyStyle has the best throat hit of the 3, with the Pico+CLR adaptor next, then the Pico with its own deck last.

Annoying thing is I prefer the Pico for how it looks on my Lab 18500 mech & the easy top fill.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I just ordered a few more SXK Doggystyle 2k16 today. Hands down the best MTL tank i ever tried. Filling it up at first was difficult. I learned to just barely tighten the glass. Now just leave on mod, flip over and unscrew. Takes about 30 seconds to fill. I can't believe this atty does not get more love!

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
How do you find the throat hit on the Hussar compared to the SXK DoggyStyle?

I've gone on a recent buying spree for small'ish MTL tanks for using when out & about, and have the SXK DoggyStyle & the Pico + CLR adaptor ( Hussar is next on my list, along with the CloudOne )

DoggyStyle has the best throat hit of the 3, with the Pico+CLR adaptor next, then the Pico with its own deck last.

Annoying thing is I prefer the Pico for how it looks on my Lab 18500 mech & the easy top fill.
I associate throat hit more with nicotine so I'm not sure. I think the DoggyStyle might be a bit tighter on the draw but I like the vape on both to be honest.

I sold my Pico because it was way too much faff for me. It is a great looking atty though and if I liked the Ego coils would have prolly kept it.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I just ordered a few more SXK Doggystyle 2k16 today. Hands down the best MTL tank i ever tried. Filling it up at first was difficult. I learned to just barely tighten the glass. Now just leave on mod, flip over and unscrew. Takes about 30 seconds to fill. I can't believe this atty does not get more love!
It's quickly gotten into my top list for sure and I'm giving it tons of love... have 5 now, going to get a couple more and a supply of spare tanks!

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
It's quickly gotten into my top list for sure and I'm giving it tons of love... have 5 now, going to get a couple more and a supply of spare tanks!
I have 5 SXK 's and 2 SJMY 's when my recent order arrives. I also have 10 SXK and 4 SJMY spare tanks. Any one who is on the fence about this tank, go for it! An amazing tank for sure.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I have 5 SXK 's and 2 SJMY 's when my recent order arrives. I also have 10 SXK and 4 SJMY spare tanks. Any one who is on the fence about this tank, go for it! An amazing tank for sure.
And the price!... Use coupon code MAP on FT and get for $10

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    And the price!... Use coupon code MAP on FT and get for $10

I ordered 1 earlier, I already have the SJMY one, and even though it is a PITA to fill compared to top fill tanks, it stays in my rotation, as is such a good MTL flavor tank, had been considering getting another for a while, so the talk about it made me go and get another :)

The hussar is a good flavor tank, but the doggystyle does beat it though on flavor, but the hussar wins on capacity and ease of filling.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    I ordered 1 earlier, I already have the SJMY one, and even though it is a PITA to fill compared to top fill tanks, it stays in my rotation, as is such a good MTL flavor tank, had been considering getting another for a while, so the talk about it made me go and get another :)

The hussar is a good flavor tank, but the doggystyle does beat it though on flavor, but the hussar wins on capacity and ease of filling.
    Try the method i posted above to fill, makes it so easy. The trick is to screw the tank on till it stops and no more. Another amazing thing about this tank is how it sips juice. 3.5 ml in this lasts me about the same as 6ml in my KF v5 with barrel tank.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Try the method i posted above to fill, makes it so easy. The trick is to screw the tank on till it stops and no more. Another amazing thing about this tank is how it sips juice. 3.5 ml in this lasts me about the same as 6ml in my KF v5 with barrel tank.

Oh I figured out about that already, just the fact it is bottom fill makes it a PITA, as holding the tank and juice while filling, got so use to easy top fill nowadays, but the flavor makes it worth it ;)

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016

Same here went on a buying spree when will it end Arghhh , gone through the big 30mms like scott, Mod Farther, Sup plus, Sherman,
    Then 25mm usual griffins / Billow v3 +, Obs crius/ Supremes , sup lite/ , merlin / mini , obs Engine ,

, i got fed up with them dual builds an faffing about,
    Well misses did and huge clouds kept complaining couldn't see across the room or even the TV ,
    So I wanted an easy to fill /top fill and also Single coil DTL and MTL something of a change , that wasnt as huge clouds as my previous Collection.

So I bought Taifuns GTv2 , RTA
    Gtv3 , RTA
    GTv3 minis RTA
    several of each from every company that makes them only obe i didnt like was a blk one rest are SS ans work perfectly
    love them so simple to build an use especially with 316L SS builds TC ,
    if mount coil low its a tighter draw , Can fit a SS Clapton in there, There's even a deck plug too for them @ 3 Euros each ,

Then on to the Hurricane v2 rta 3 deck Airflow sizes Included another good device

Then 2 months or so ago I bought the SRv4 its pretty decent for DTL and MTL with a nano kit , SR v4 includes 3 tanks 1 pc 2 SS cages an glass
    Again So simple to use fill ect jfc ,

Then got a Hussar which Im currently using for 420 stuff its very nice it is works quite well ,
    Another just arrived,
    So can use that for juices now got the top cap nano on way , reduced Air flow pin also.
    mtl holes spares ect.

Picked up Origen MKII also and origen little Bf RTA, since have a few BF atties for Squounking with Narda Halady , Atty O and others , for Bf with.

Im now awaiting to be delivered the Ser/Fev v4 its got some good reviews for MTL ,

Along with another
    Aromamiser V2 6ml limited ed
    Since this was always an under rated great Flavourful tank, pre built coils and 2 rta decks , [emoji106]

Im thinking of the SER FV dD 12ml 32mm rta also ,
    And the Vapesoon GTV 18 25mm , Next
    seen a YouTube video using a full mesh coil setup looks to work on all the FEVs , so should work on the GTV 18 too.

still have KFv5 s Aromamiser V2 6ml , since was alsways an under rated good Flavours tank , and awaiting the New out Supreme v2 25mm since I have 2 of all steam crave tanks inc 30mm plus ,

I generally now mainly / daily use the single Coil RTA,s all through the day , An then jump onto the larger ones at night for larger mods.
    Im awaiting a vape droid mod C1D2 was only 40£ for Dna 75 ,
    (in uk there 40£ for dna 75 board alone) so bargin ,
    It can go with my Collection of other Dna,s ,whilst im Still awaiting release of VT75C , be glad when TDP lands can actually save up then I do think I have enough now its just an addiction to keep buying new RTA,s mods ect in fact anything vape related, This spending spree has been 6months too long now lol , [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

rifky

ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    Just trying Coppervape hussar with dna60 and 316L and it works great. Clamp wire system make TC works flawlessly. Another +1 point on hussar.
    PhotoGrid_1494730103422.jpg

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I think you will find that the SXK Doggystyle is very much like the Wine but the airflow is already set to proper MTL tightness with a 1.5mm airhole. I'm loving it and is available on FT for $10 with coupon code MAP.

This is all I needed to hear to know I am definitely getting the Doggy! Thank you!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I associate throat hit more with nicotine so I'm not sure. I think the DoggyStyle might be a bit tighter on the draw but I like the vape on both to be honest.

I sold my Pico because it was way too much faff for me. It is a great looking atty though and if I liked the Ego coils would have prolly kept it.

What is faff? I've never heard that term before.

Reactions: 52anddone

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    I picked it up on planet of the vapes, a UK vape forum :)

Basically too much jacking around with

the definition of faff
    Yes too much faffing around means to much messing around or hassle. I am originally from England but have lived in the USA for 16 years. It has been along time since i heard that term. Thank you.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I picked it up on planet of the vapes, a UK vape forum :)

Basically too much jacking around with

the definition of faff

Got it. Thanks. Based on the context, I thought that's probably what you meant, but wanted to make sure. I agree. Too much faff is not good!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread