Status
Not open for further replies.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Jeebus. I paid about $45 for my V1. I don't intend to pay any more than that for the V2.
I need to pick up a spare (V1) from fasttech I guess. I need some extra parts....

Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I found it... It will probably be in the $70 range from other vendors when they start showing up... They are $95 from europe. I also didn't like the fact they changed it to a telescoping body now. I don't do telescoping... Just don't care for the look.

Mickey_Star

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Off The Grid
I got my tank in from Spectrum tanks..polished via TheJack method.

photo.jpg

Last edited:

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I still need a replacement top cap. None of my fixes have been satisfactory. What I'd actually LIKE to do is seemlessly fill in the stock hole and drill another one just a couple mm higher. I went a little nuts with the dremel tool...
BIG CLOUDS, and the flavor is still pretty great, but I get juice blowback sometimes.
10879423623_69ddfe7369_c.jpg

Mickey_Star

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Off The Grid
Looking good over there Zipflint. Quite a gun rack of mods. That air hole on your Elite looks...a little huge.

Muzichead you asked about peoples likes and dislikes on the V1. I really like the two that I have. If you are good on a tweak or two it is a great little device. I use mine daily out and about. Pocket friendly...lightweight, not prone to leaks, reliable. It did leak on me when I first got it (I run thin juice), so I capped off the fill hole and it's all good. The deck and bottom of the tank are both anodized which prevent mesh wicks from shorting there. I have a couple other stainless hybrids that I use less now. Just heavy in comparison to the aluminum Elite for out in the field.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
I've never really gotten into genesis style attys, but have wanted to try a hybrid for a long time... I just placed an order at VaporTek. For $30, I couldn't say no. I'm sure its first stop will be the workbench to sort out any little things that need tinkering, then onto a build. Can't wait to try it...

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
I still need a replacement top cap. None of my fixes have been satisfactory. What I'd actually LIKE to do is seemlessly fill in the stock hole and drill another one just a couple mm higher. I went a little nuts with the dremel tool...
BIG CLOUDS, and the flavor is still pretty great, but I get juice blowback sometimes.
10879423623_69ddfe7369_c.jpg

Find a local welder... you'd have to remove the anodizing, but the whole shebang would take about 5 minutes to strip the anodizing, tack weld over the hole, and sand it down to flush. Viola, a top cap with no holes, a blank canvas. Hell, I could do it.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Never thought about that. Hell, might as well remove ALL the anodizing. Except for the deck, where it's actually doing some good....

Find a local welder... you'd have to remove the anodizing, but the whole shebang would take about 5 minutes to strip the anodizing, tack weld over the hole, and sand it down to flush. Viola, a top cap with no holes, a blank canvas. Hell, I could do it.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Never thought about that. Hell, might as well remove ALL the anodizing. Except for the deck, where it's actually doing some good....

Take off the anodizing yourself. Then pop into a local welding shop one day (don't even call) and tell them/him you'll give him a $10 bill if he can strike a quick arc and fill the hole. I bet ya dollars to donuts they'd say "sure!" and do it on the spot.

Hell, I just bought a new TIG welder myself, I think I may investigate when mine gets here and see if I can't relocate the hole just for fun.

OtwistedOne

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2013
CARLSBAD BEACH CALIFORNIA
Thanks, to all for this thread! I was having the "Hot Button " issue after the micky Star fix with the chicago screw. I fixed it by adding an o-ring atop the brass collar and around the Chicago screw. It seems that my battery was making contact against somewhere that it shouldn't. It just sits there, loosely , on top. :) 20131128_160920.jpg 20131128_161022.jpg 20131128_155804.jpg :)I have been vaping the Elite Hybrid since, with no problems.

Smithereens

Oct 22, 2013
In the weeds.
Well, it IS only $17!:p

Ah, I'm not expecting Lexus quality at this price. Honestly, I spotted the one on FT before I even knew what it was, but the more I thought about it the harder it became to pass up. I found this thread after I placed my order. It would probably have been worth the extra $30 to avoid dealing with FT's crappy shipping.....

When/If mine get in I'll dissect it, take pictures and post them here.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I might point out here, you didn't purchase an "Elite Hybrid"!!! You purchased a clone of it... Even the pics show the threads are anodized. You didn't pick up on that originally? That's the problem with FT, too many items that are throw away items... I looked into that one at first, but after seeing the pics of it, I knew then why they were only $17... JMO...

Last edited:

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I don't know what I'm talking about here, so take this with a huge lump of salt, but:

Couldn't you sand down the threads? Then clean them really good, apply noalox, fix the button (if it still needs fixing and I'm assuming it does), and you'd have a pretty decent clone-of-a-clone on your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread