Hybrid Elite Mod by Rainbow Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDelawareCloud

Nov 29, 2013
Delaware
So I got my Elite v2 a couple weeks ago. Stuck it in my vape tool box and let it sit there for a bit. Finally got everything I needed together, so i made a wick, wrapped it up, tested everything. Was in range for ohms, blah blah blah. But for some reason no matter what I did, always got the metallic taste. Couldn't get rid of it. Replaced wicks and coils. Did everything the right way. But that's besides the point. Today I was getting ready to give it another go. Had my elite sitting on my coffee table, next to where my dog sleeps. She got a little happy and jumped up, knocking the elite off the coffee table (about a 1.5 foot drop) and it fell onto her bed. I didn't think much of it. Her bed's thin but not super thin. Hit with a light thud. So I pick it up and what do ya know, the tank cracked in like 3 different places
just my luck. So the v2 is not only more delicate than a .... hurt hippy, the fire button blows, the telescoping feels wonky and it is way over priced. With that, I'm gonna hold off on the hybrids and just stick with RSST and octopus.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Dang. That sucks. Ever considered an iChybrid? I've got one of those, an early one to boot, and it's been totally trouble free. I think all I've done to it is drill out the air hole just a little bit and crank down the nut on the positive post; the bit that's sitting on top of the rubber insulator on the deck. That was to make better battery contact.

The metallic taste you talked about though....that's weird. I've never run into that.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
So I got my Elite v2 a couple weeks ago. Stuck it in my vape tool box and let it sit there for a bit. Finally got everything I needed together, so i made a wick, wrapped it up, tested everything. Was in range for ohms, blah blah blah. But for some reason no matter what I did, always got the metallic taste. Couldn't get rid of it. Replaced wicks and coils. Did everything the right way. But that's besides the point. Today I was getting ready to give it another go. Had my elite sitting on my coffee table, next to where my dog sleeps. She got a little happy and jumped up, knocking the elite off the coffee table (about a 1.5 foot drop) and it fell onto her bed. I didn't think much of it. Her bed's thin but not super thin. Hit with a light thud. So I pick it up and what do ya know, the tank cracked in like 3 different places
just my luck. So the v2 is not only more delicate than a .... hurt hippy, the fire button blows, the telescoping feels wonky and it is way over priced. With that, I'm gonna hold off on the hybrids and just stick with RSST and octopus.

That's too bad... Here's a great little hybrid that will take quite a bit of abuse and keeps on hitting hard... Zip can vouch for this one as well... $30 Ikarus 2.1 Hybrid Mod Replica / Clone

Oh, and about that metallic taste, had the same problem till I torched the mesh wick. Then I switched to SS rope and mesh wick combo...

My order made it to LA on the 18th, whenever customs gets finished it should only take a couple of days until I can vivisection the little bugger...

There will be a learning curve on this. I've never used a genny type atomizer, so I doubt my initial impressions will be too positive. Build quality, on the other hand.... I can spot a stinker! (machinist by trade) I'm expecting some issues, hopefully the unit will be functional when I get it! Pictures ASAP.

And now it dawns on me... I forgot to order wire and stuff to build coils with!!... where's the :banghead: smiley?

JX3P

Aug 25, 2012
Czech Republic
I'll try to explain
I have already removed the spring - the same system like Rainbow Heaven
and is really anodized, surface is very well and very hard anodized
inside the top cap that looks like a welded, but it is a large layer of the anodization..maybe not anodization maybe powder coating,
but looks very well and very hard..
however surface on this hybrid is just one thing that very well made :eek:)))
sorry my english doesnt TOP

I want to remove the surface anyway
second thing, I bought nice red spare tank from spektrum tanks..no fit ((, diameter little bit bigger
I still believe that, it will do a great hybrid...after lot of and very hard work..haha

probably source of this clone of clone
http://sciensky.en.alibaba.com/prod...le_hybrid_mod_kraken_atomizer_pyhzib_mod.html
pyhzib haha...

Last edited:
My vapemail finally arrived!

The FT Elite is a nice bit! It does seem to need work as it has a noticable voltage drop (haven't measured it yet) but the machining is decent, the threads are actually nice and tight. I got the silver version, it's either clear coated or clear anodized with a semi bead blasted finish. The short tube (18350?) is a bit brighter than the rest of the mod, other than that there are no apparent defects. I've not tried builing a coil yet, but it came with 2 ss screens, some wire and a bit of silica wick... and a semi-rigid case. I'll build it when I'm off work Wednesday... pictures then as well.

Now for the really interesting part.

I bought a ss King as well. The threads match between the two units. I can use the King's kick tube to kick the FT Elite with no modifications. And I can use the Elite's atty to build a King Hybrid, but I need to take up a little slack in the battery (I have flat tops only).

Eh, it may not be news to anyone but me that the tubes/threads match. Maybe it's a common thing, but this is my first foray out from Ego batteries. I'm really pleased with the King, it hits really well especially with the kick installed.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
Where can I get a replacement glass tank for the Elite? I broke mine a few weeks ago and was hoping to pick up a new one, plus a spare or 2...

Also, has anyone fixed the top cap problem? I really like this mod, but whenever it goes into my pocket the top cap ends up popping off because it's so loose and only has the 1 o-ring.

Also, has anyone fixed the top cap problem? I really like this mod, but whenever it goes into my pocket the top cap ends up popping off because it's so loose and only has the 1 o-ring.

You can go to any hardware store and find a bigger o-ring that will make a tighter fit. Also I believe someone mentioned remove your existing o-ring, put a few wraps of dental floss in the channel. Then replace the o-ring. I havent tried it myself. N I really have no clue on the tank.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Where can I get a replacement glass tank for the Elite? I broke mine a few weeks ago and was hoping to pick up a new one, plus a spare or 2...

Tanks - Spectrum Tanks size #13

uBerNoob

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Hi. I'm new to these kinds of mods and was wondering if anyone can answer some of my questions?

1) Is this the new/best way of vaping? The steel mesh etc?
2) What all will I need to buy to build my own steel mesh coils?
3) How long do they last?
4) Is the "Elite v2 Hybrid Mod" what I need? If so, where can I find it for the best price?
5) Will I have to personally modify the "Elite v2 Hybrid Mod" after I get it for it to work properly?
6) How similar in terms of performance is this compared to the Noble 1?

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread