Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
Hi. I'm new to these kinds of mods and was wondering if anyone can answer some of my questions?

1) Is this the new/best way of vaping? The steel mesh etc?
2) What all will I need to buy to build my own steel mesh coils?
3) How long do they last?
4) Is the "Elite v2 Hybrid mod" what I need? If so, where can I find it for the best price?
5) Will I have to personally modify the "Elite v2 Hybrid Mod" after I get it for it to work properly?
6) How similar in terms of performance is this compared to the Noble 1?

Thanks for any help.

It looks to me that you should do a LOT more reading before breaking into rebuildables... go read threads here, top to bottom, and in a few months begin your search.

uBerNoob

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
It looks to me that you should do a LOT more reading before breaking into rebuildables... go read threads here, top to bottom, and in a few months begin your search.

I need to make a purchase asap. Unfortunately I don't have a few months. My lavatube just broke so I don't want to make the wrong purchase.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
I need to make a purchase asap. Unfortunately I don't have a few months. My lavatube just broke so I don't want to make the wrong purchase.

Just trying to be helpful... it seems you have very limited knowledge of RBA's, and that can get real sketchy on a mech mod. Maybe time to try another regulated mod while you brush up on your RBA's?

uBerNoob

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Just trying to be helpful... it seems you have very limited knowledge of RBA's, and that can get real sketchy on a mech mod. Maybe time to try another regulated mod while you brush up on your RBA's?

My knowledge is limited but I can easily catch up through youtube videos. I just wanted a few answers to my questions to help me make the right purchase.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I think what we're trying to say, without being condescending, is that if you get one of these, you are going to be disappointed and aggravated. There are quality control issues with these things and there's no way to give a solid, definitive answer to many of your questions.

This is the kind of device where you MUST be okay with rolling the dice and still be willing to potentially put time and effort into getting it working right. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or insult your intelligence, it's just that it's better to come at a device like this with some prior, hands-on experience with other, easier rebuildables. I'd say, get a solid mechanical mod and an RSST first. But, that's just me.

uBerNoob

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
I think what we're trying to say, without being condescending, is that if you get one of these, you are going to be disappointed and aggravated. There are quality control issues with these things and there's no way to give a solid, definitive answer to many of your questions.

This is the kind of device where you MUST be okay with rolling the dice and still be willing to potentially put time and effort into getting it working right. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or insult your intelligence, it's just that it's better to come at a device like this with some prior, hands-on experience with other, easier rebuildables. I'd say, get a solid mechanical mod and an RSST first. But, that's just me.

I've had the vivi nova and the Totally Wicked Rebuildable Tank. I just have not dealt with steal wicks before. Can you explain to me why my questions have no definitive answer? I feel like anyone who owns mod could easily answer these questions.

Basically, buying a bunch of mods and gradually moving up is not in my budget. I'm looking for something that performs great and will last a while. Learning how to rebuild will not be a problem for me.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
You don't have to use mesh for wicks, there are a plethora of wicking materials, just like any RBA. Also, in reference to your first post, you don't wrap a "mesh coil", the mesh is the wick. Not to be rude or condescending, but these are VERY basic RBA principles, and it seems since you're in such a hurry to get a new mod and get it working, you should probably start off with something other than a genesis style atty, as they are some of the most difficult to get good results out of. Nobody here wants to see you pick one up, hate it (because you can't get it to work right etc) and then find yourself in the same boat in 2 weeks, but $30+ poorer.

If you're REALLY stuck on getting into mechs and RBA's, buy something like the Smoktek (sp?) Natural, an IGO-L, a .... ton of rebuilding supplies, and a multimeter, then read about them nonstop until your goodies arrive in the mail. This will be a much smoother and more versitile transition into the mech mod/RBA world.

You say your Tesla .... out on you, and I'm assuming you're using something like ego's right now until you buy your next mod... buying a genesis hybrid mod will likely just frustrate the hell out of you and put you off of them completely unless you take lots of time, and don't mind building a LOT of wicks and coils to find something that works well.

Again, we're just trying to help...

I've had the vivi nova and the Totally Wicked Rebuildable Tank. I just have not dealt with steal wicks before. Can you explain to me why my questions have no definitive answer? I feel like anyone who owns mod could easily answer these questions.

Basically, buying a bunch of mods and gradually moving up is not in my budget. I'm looking for something that performs great and will last a while. Learning how to rebuild will not be a problem for me.

uBerNoob

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
You don't have to use mesh for wicks, there are a plethora of wicking materials, just like any RBA. Also, in reference to your first post, you don't wrap a "mesh coil", the mesh is the wick. Not to be rude or condescending, but these are VERY basic RBA principles, and it seems since you're in such a hurry to get a new mod and get it working, you should probably start off with something other than a genesis style atty, as they are some of the most difficult to get good results out of. Nobody here wants to see you pick one up, hate it (because you can't get it to work right etc) and then find yourself in the same boat in 2 weeks, but $30+ poorer.

If you're REALLY stuck on getting into mechs and RBA's, buy something like the Smoktek (sp?) Natural, an IGO-L, a .... ton of rebuilding supplies, and a multimeter, then read about them nonstop until your goodies arrive in the mail. This will be a much smoother and more versitile transition into the mech mod/RBA world.

You say your Tesla .... out on you, and I'm assuming you're using something like ego's right now until you buy your next mod... buying a genesis hybrid mod will likely just frustrate the hell out of you and put you off of them completely unless you take lots of time, and don't mind building a LOT of wicks and coils to find something that works well.

Again, we're just trying to help...

So just so I'm understanding you guys.. It's impossible to use this device unless I've previously had years of experience with worse(?) mods? If that's what you're saying, I'll take your advice and look for something else. But if not, I feel like buying a superior product and working out the kinks is a better investment than buying multiple inferior products.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
So just so I'm understanding you guys.. It's impossible to use this device unless I've previously had years of experience with worse(?) mods? If that's what you're saying, I'll take your advice and look for something else. But if not, I feel like buying a superior product and working out the kinks is a better investment than buying multiple inferior products.

Let's be honest here. This is an inexpensive (not "cheap", as "cheap" is indicative of quality) Chinese mod. It works OK out of the box, but to really get it working WELL it takes some tinkering. If you're even slightly inclined to that kind of work, it's cake, and you'll get a good performer for a small price and an hour or 2 in the shop. However, if you're looking to open the box, wrap a coil and fill it with juice, you might be wise to look elsewhere. All too often you see people wanting to buy their first mech mod and/or RBA, so they order a $15 POS from FT, and think everybody using mechs is a ...... because based on their very limited and uninformed knowledge, they suck.

They're not impossible to use, and once you get the hang of it they're quite easy to build. I (we?) only based our initial suggestion(s) on your first post, which certainly makes it sound like you don't know your way around an RBA... which leads to all sorts of headaches for both you, and the kind internet folk trying to help you without you hurting yourself jumping into the deep end sans floaty wings.

uBerNoob

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Let's be honest here. This is an inexpensive (not "cheap", as "cheap" is indicative of quality) Chinese mod. It works OK out of the box, but to really get it working WELL it takes some tinkering. If you're even slightly inclined to that kind of work, it's cake, and you'll get a good performer for a small price and an hour or 2 in the shop. However, if you're looking to open the box, wrap a coil and fill it with juice, you might be wise to look elsewhere. All too often you see people wanting to buy their first mech mod and/or RBA, so they order a $15 POS from FT, and think everybody using mechs is a ...... because based on their very limited and uninformed knowledge, they suck.

They're not impossible to use, and once you get the hang of it they're quite easy to build. I (we?) only based our initial suggestion(s) on your first post, which certainly makes it sound like you don't know your way around an RBA... which leads to all sorts of headaches for both you, and the kind internet folk trying to help you without you hurting yourself jumping into the deep end sans floaty wings.

So when you say it won't be ready for use out of the box, do you mean I will have to do things like drill into the mod? That's where my confusion lies. If the only road block is getting good at rebuilding, I'm up for that task. But I think I will pass if I have to do actual modifications to the mod itself like drilling etc. Btw, I understand you're just trying to help. I appreciate it.

uBerNoob

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Okay so I have ordered the Hybrid Elite. Just wondering what are the recommended mods I should do to it? I've read I should get a Brass screw to replace the spring? Can anyone tell me which size screw and where I can get it on/offline? Also, I plan on using 18650 batts at home and 18350's on the go. Can anyone give me a recommended OHM to go for to get the best vape between these diff batts? Did anyone figure out a mod to keep the top cap from falling off so easily? Will I need to remove the thread anodizing or are they only anodized in the v2? And if there's any other tips, they're appreciated. Thanks.

btr221

Dec 15, 2013
United States
Just got my hybrid today in the mail, hmmmm build it and was not really all that. It was kinda weak, saw the fix to replace the spring with some bronze. I also got my chi you clone from ft today (hits pretty hard .... would day its a good clone, i would use it outside cause i dont care if it gets scratched or dropped). Just tried and the threading for the RH hybrid and the chi you clone are the same !!!!!! sooooo as you can see in the pics ...... its not a perfect fit but it hits HARD ..... will see if i can get the swap out for the spring for the RH hybrid but for now this is what im rocking .... and its goood.
View attachment 249942 View attachment 249943

Hey Kenji. How did you make this button work? My RH elite button shorted out but I was able to get my hands on a chi you button. The chi you button doesn't have a spring so the battery doesn't make contact. Just wondering if you could help me out and let me know how you did it that would be awesome. Really would like to get this thing working. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

riseabovethestorm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Grayling, MI, USA
www.kalkaskamma.com
I know this is a semi-dead thread (and yes, I'm back; unfortunately for you guys), but I just had a super simple question.

Been seeing a lot of different DT on these bad boys, and I was considering getting one with the ol' tax return, but the site I was looking at said it didn't take a standard 510 DT. Yes, I am aware that 510 isn't the only drip-tip game in town, but what type of DT would one need to fit into the top cap of this beautiful and affordable motherlover?

*facepalms* Nevermind. I can't read, it would seem.

This thing just takes standard 510 DTs. Am I right or am I right?

stephen-tobolowsky-groundhog-day-actor-movie-photo-GC21.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread