Hybrid Mech Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
hybrid mods is i think something where the pin from the atomizer direct contacts the battery however you want to go deeper and nitpicky with it but this is how it is most commonly used. As for your big dripper v2, that is called a hybrid i believe because it technically is an rda, with a separate tank to hold liquid in it, so its not really a tank or an RDA, its a hybrid of both.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
hybrid mods is i think something where the pin from the atomizer direct contacts the battery however you want to go deeper and nitpicky with it but this is how it is most commonly used. As for your big dripper v2, that is called a hybrid i believe because it technically is an RDA, with a separate tank to hold liquid in it, so its not really a tank or an RDA, its a hybrid of both.
What this thread is discussing mostly is "Direct to battery" mods, which are different than Hybrid mods.

If you want to get really picky, the term "Hybrid" was first used in description of a mod which utilizes an atomizer which has non-standard threading and the mod has no 510 connection, the very first instance of this I can recall is the Origin Mod and the Aqua atomizer, with the 510 base removed from the Aqua the outside threads match the Origin mod, there may be an earlier example but this would be a very good early one. The atomizer directly screws to the outer tube of the mod, the positive connection protrudes enough to make contact and the negative connection is no where near the positive. There are not many true Hybrid mods or atomizers available because the market is limited and the available 510 atomizers are vast and with almost no disadvantage to the true Hybrid design.

Going one further would be something like the V1 Valkyrie by Vicious ant. This is a Hybrid in truest form IMO, the atomizer is machined as part of the mod and there are no top end threads at all. the positive pin is insulated from the rest of the mod but protrudes enough to make solid battery contact.

As a general rule, if the mod has a 510 connection and no top pin, it should be considered a "direct to battery" mod and not a hybrid if you want to be technically correct.

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Anyone know of any hybrid mech mods? (Direct atomizer to battery connection)
gotta go with the general consensus here and say the SMPL. It's an amazing mod. No BS, no crunchy magnetic switch, no voltage drop, it just works. And it hits like a Mack truck. I've never owned a more maintainance free mech in my whole life. I think I've cleaned this thing (other than the occasion wipe of with a cloth if I spill juice) once in the entire time I've owned it. It. Works. They call it Simple for a reason.

Reactions: Juan Vazquez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread