• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hyperfocus - worst offender these days is ecigarettes research

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumariHPX

ECF Veteran
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but SERIOUSLY.

I have a problem. Seriously! I don't know what it is about this group/forum, and about buying ecig products, but I have spent countless hours at the computer researching this stuff - collecting recipes, shopping, comparing products, reading reviews - not even really chatting or writing posts - that's not the bulk of it.

It's now 3Am and I've been doing this since about 5PM - yesterday. I've been staying up to read about these products and tips and tricks and recipes and urrrgggghh til about 4am most mornings. and, there's always just ONE MORE open tab in my browser that I need to investigate before I can go to bed.

Part of it is serious procrastination on my part. I'm graduating from college in three weeks and I've got to finish a bunch of things to get there. It's just massive projects that, while I've started them, I just can't seem to get in there and start the finishing part of it. Classic ADHD - not finishing up the details.

Sigh. Well, tomorrow is the last day I have to finish up my last big portfolio project, and I hope that when I wake up I can just power through it for the day. I DO have the whole day, after all. Of course, that's what I told myself today. And, well... I did a few things this afternoon. Then I had problems with my computer, and had to set up this old one I have, then got on here - cause I've been putting off buying new batteries and I'm tired of charging charging all the time, so just need to damn buy them. That led to hours of research on what to buy, and flavors to get with them. I'm vaping the whole time, too, which I know if keeping me up as well.

I'm so aggravated. Anyway, double sigh. I'll try not to get angry with myself, since that doesn't help when you have ADHD.

thanks for letting me vent. Write back if you want to share or offer support :vapor:

Kuma

KumariHPX

ECF Veteran
I went to sleep at 12pm today and woke up at 6pm. I feel like crapola.. but, I did get a lot done (of the things that I WANTED to do and seem important to no one else but me). ah

Like you said, it's one or the other. Being so extreme is a roller coaster from hell.

But, you make a lot of sense putting it that way... the things I'm interested in, the learning, the big picture stuff usually, that's what captures my attention, so much so that it's all of my attention at times. But, I suppose those are the things that are what make life worth living.

Not the details, the trivial, and the ....e you have to slog through to make it through the day. Eh, I'd rather go to sleep. Thinking about those things now, I think I will go to sleep and try to start again fresh tomorrow.

Part of the whole deal of accepting the hand we're dealt is to know what we are capable of and to be satisfied with that. and, to resist the pressure from others who want us to be a different way. Some of us just can't be.

Let the chips fall where they may. (this needs to become my mantra - need to repeat daily)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread