Hypnotherapy and Vapor Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigelty

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Long Island
I have used e-cigarettes with every intent of quitting tobacco. I first began using them almost two years ago. They were effective throughout most of the day, serving as a substitute "crutch" that mimics the act of tobacco smoking while getting some nicotine fix. However, at least 2-5 times a day, I craved a tobacco cigarette and would either keep a pack with me or ask a fellow smoker for one.

Of course, after hard points in my life, being around tobacco smokers and just loosing interest in trying to better my health, I retorted back to tobacco cigarettes.

On and off throughout those two years, I would attempt the e-cigs, but wound up going for the tobacco product. However, I would swear to others looking to quit about how wonderful the ecig was. I managed to really "sell" the idea and the product to others, as they are still committed to their ecigs. Currently, I still am pursuing others...

A few weeks ago, while at the gym, I had an extremely high heart rate that was considered "dangerous". I decided once and for all, I am going to do something about this tobacco smoking habit-again. The next day, I opened the draw to my nightable and used my electronic cig or "vapor stick" (I prefer to say) and used it throughout the day. It was working, but I still had weak points throughout the day. Using the vapor stick and having a tobacco cigarette at least three times a day (with guilt!). I wanted to stop the tobacco.

I went for hypnotherapy. So far, I am going on 72 hours without use or desire for tobacco cigarettes! I am using my njoy vapor stick and feeling very satisfied about it. THe vapor stick allows me to "perform the act of tobacco smoking" without smoke, without feeling guitly and most of all...feeling like the body of a non-smoker.

Ten years ago, I quit (cold turkey) and the difference in how I felt physically is the same to how I feel now.

So all I can say, is perhaps combining two things, can help cut the habit of using/desiring tobacco products for good. Much like using the combination of diet and exercise to loose weight; just diet wont make weight loss successful and just exercise wont make weight loss successful but BOTH diet and exercise will. Just my theory.

I will be continuing to use this forum for support from my fellow vapers!:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread