I admit it, I'm a spoiled rotten Princess; however, I am also aware of how blessed I am and truly grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
Now you know why most of us use cartotanks as our primary delivery attachment.

Some people move onto rba/rda's, but for me they are too fiddly. Some like to direct drip, but for me that is inconvenient. My cartotanks are my tried and true, dependable and trustworthy, mainstay delivery device.

Agreed! There is nothing quite as simple as a carto/tank set up. Easy, flavorful, long-lasting, etc. I agree with AngiBe: a nice warm vapor is a pleasant treat. IBTanked carries my favorite cartos: single coil, 3.2 ohm, flanged, two-hole prepunched. Super good at 5v.:thumbs:

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Yep, I get it now. I honestly thought those who suggested it to me were off their rocker. I tried cartomizers and pre-filled cartridges when I first started. But a HUGE difference. I was using a cig a like and I'm sure the cartomizers that came with them were sub par. I only tasted poly fill with those. And I wasn't filling them enough so would get dry hits a lot or if I set them down, they'd just dry out.

Live and learn, oh, and spend a boat load of money along the way to get there. :facepalm: But at least I know the set up I need and just practice to perfect it.

I kno you guys get these stupid questions over and over on here. Thanks to you all for your patience and explaining it so it can be understood. It may take some, UUMM ya like me, multiple explanations of the same material to sink in, but eventually some of us learn.

I still like to drip, but that has pretty much been replaced my my bottom-feeders.

As far as repeating info, that's what Bad and I do. While other people wrap coils, we float around ECF explaining to new vapers the concept and beginning mechanics of using equipment to get them started on their way. It has been by sheer repetition that I learned to do Ohm's Law in my head. I think there is no better way to learn something than to try to explain it to someone else.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I heard the voice of HAL saying this.

By the way, that earlier post explaining the relationship between volts-ohms-watts? Fully Awesome. You rock, Ocelot.

Yes, it was Hal.

If I ever get the drawings completed I think "Power With Kitties" is going to be a fun read!

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Hope I'm able to get one. He'll probably put them up when I'm at work and with everyone buying minis and wanting sleeves, he'll be out of them before I get home. That's the kind of luck I've been having recently. :(

He will have some minis up soon, probably in the next week or so.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hope I'm able to get one. He'll probably put them up when I'm at work and with everyone buying minis and wanting sleeves, he'll be out of them before I get home. That's the kind of luck I've been having recently. :(

If you miss out and he doesn't put any up for awhile, I have a extra one.

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
You ARE the PROVARI PRINCESS Bless you, bless you :nun::nun:

Rock on! I will be buying the LR 1.7 cartomizer, pre punched of course. I bet these will do this whole set up right for me! And as far as the halflings, I may get at least one. I rotate daily 5-6 flavors but have 10-12 loaded to switch around. Buying like 10-12 tanks is going to be one expensive purchase w/IBtanked.

Son of a \>|€{>|%|] I'm gonna go broke!

You don't need to buy 10-12 carto tanks, unless you really want to. :D I keep 4-6 going at any one time. When you want to quickly switch flavors, just push the carto in a tank down enough to slip a syringe needle into the tank, suck out the juice, push the carto into a zip-lock bag (saved for later), rinse and dry the tank and caps, stick new carto into tank, load with new juice and vape away. When you want to return to the original flavor, repeat with the carto in the zip-lock bag. It literally takes only a minute to do with a previously primed carto and 2-3 minutes using a fresh carto. Get a 3, 5 or 10ml Luer Lok syringe and a few 1.5" 18g blunt-tip Luer Lok needles and you're good to go. Since you do mostly VG, I wouldn't go smaller than 18 gauge on the needle as the common 20g needle is too small in diameter to quickly suck up thick stuff. If you grab this stuff from a drug store vs a vape shop, it should cost less than $5. Or just PM me your snailmail addy and I'll send you some this weekend. I get mine from pharmaceutical companies online for my DIY stuff.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
You don't need to buy 10-12 carto tanks, unless you really want to. :D I keep 4-6 going at any one time. When you want to quickly switch flavors, just push the carto in a tank down enough to slip a syringe needle into the tank, suck out the juice, push the carto into a zip-lock bag (saved for later), rinse and dry the tank and caps, stick new carto into tank, load with new juice and vape away. When you want to return to the original flavor, repeat with the carto in the zip-lock bag. It literally takes only a minute to do with a previously primed carto and 2-3 minutes using a fresh carto. Get a 3, 5 or 10ml Luer Lok syringe and a few 1.5" 18g blunt-tip Luer Lok needles and you're good to go. Since you do mostly VG, I wouldn't go smaller than 18 gauge on the needle as the common 20g needle is too small in diameter to quickly suck up thick stuff. If you grab this stuff from a drug store vs a vape shop, it should cost less than $5. Or just PM me your snailmail addy and I'll send you some this weekend. I get mine from pharmaceutical companies online for my DIY stuff.

Ok, that is completely awesome! I only have one 100% VG the rest are 50/50, except Halo and not disclosing theirs but I don't believe any of there's is 100% VG. LOVE this idea especially since these tanks are pretty pricy. So the cartomizers don't dry out to bad in the Baggie I take it?

Great tip and thx! I see my vape NIRVANA in the near future! :evil:

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Ok, that is completely awesome! I only have one 100% VG the rest are 50/50, except Halo and not disclosing theirs but I don't believe any of there's is 100% VG. LOVE this idea especially since these tanks are pretty pricy. So the cartomizers don't dry out to bad in the Baggie I take it?

Great tip and thx! I see my vape NIRVANA in the near future! :evil:

They may leak a little, which is why I put them in a zip-lock, but they don't dry out at all.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I've got a question- why is it over in Reoville people like saying "sell your ProVari to get another Reo?"

Because if you don't switch juices very often, for many people nothing beats a bottom-feeder. You know how much I love my ProVaris, but when I'm home sitting in front of the computer, I use my Phiddies more. (I like them better than the Reo.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread