I almost reached for my first cigarette in 5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prawdaeh

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
So i was wondering how this would feel...you know that cigarette after a meal to help the poopshoot move a little faster. I don't know what to expect tomorrow morning. Thing is that I know for a fact i don't want cigarettes anymore... my body tried to disagree with me though.

I did one of those things that you habitually have a cigarette after. I'm not going to say which one because I would like if anyone does reply to be able to relate it to a habit they had before they started e-smoking. I've been puffing on this thing all day since about 12:20 when i finally got it all together. I went straight to dripping and I'm happy...now i just need a drip tip and a 510 usb passthrough.

I went to stretch and my hand almost went for a cigarette pack that I'm looking to give away along with half a carton. But then I remembered my eGo...and just playing with the atomizer blowing out the juice in it got my mind off the cigarette...it was more like "i want to hit this eGo". I did a tiny tad of dry burning (probably shouldn't have without cleaning first) just to help break it in and get any leftover vanilla out of it (trying new flavors..but my tastebuds still need some time i guess). I just hit that sucker a moment ago because writing this was making me want a cigarette...now i don't want a cigarette...

I LOVE MY ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE. I was smoking as the mail lady showed up at my house at 11:45. it's now 4:45 EST and i have NOT had a cigarette.

I'm 28 years old. My first cigarette was handed to me by two beautiful asian teenage girls (as some of you may have read in the new members forum) at the age of 8 years old..yes let me spell it out for you e-i-g-h-t. My habit developed more and more over the years and by the time i was 15-16 i was getting near pack a day...by the time i was 18 i was smoking near two packs a day..by yesterday i had lost count how many cigarettes i was smoking in a given day...losing half packs here and there and always having a carton to go to when i chose. I'd say i was smoking a little under 2 packs a day...but sometimes i would have intense chain smoking sessions despite the pain i felt in my lungs the following day. In the last 2 weeks i've woke up coughing for about 30 minutes about every other morning, sometimes in the middle of the night...then be fine the rest of the day. Needless to say I was tired of smoking. Tired of my lungs hurting.

I've been vaping for 5 hours...and the pain in my lungs is gone..i'm sure i'll wake up coughing here for who knows how long because MY LUNGS WILL BE HEALING. i'll actually be able to get rid of this gunk. And I hate to be graphic, or turn anyones stomach - but even hocking up a loogie is slightly easier than it was this morning when i woke up. Meaning it's going to get easier with time for me.

5 hours...20 year smoker...no cigarettes...no cravings...and i just took the deepest breath i possibly could without coughing.

Thank you for these forums as while i've been waiting for my e-cig in the mail there has been alot of encouragement. The people here have been extremely nice and helpful. I love all of you guys. These forums helped me find what I needed and I've never been more excited about anything in my life.

I'll update this thread in a weeks time hopefully telling you I've not touched another cigarette.

Much love e-smokers <3

prawdaeh

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
So it's been one week...and I love vaping. Since receiving my eGo I vape on it pretty continuously. I put it down here and there, and I don't get any OD symptoms so thats a plus.

it's been a learning process for me as i was convinced from the start to drip. I've since purchased a drip tip and a 510 usb passthru (the one without the battery near the usb port). I love it. I have had 2 cigarettes since then...but not because I felt a need for them -but because my belly was really full and that's about the only sensation the e-cig doesn't cure for me. I suppose finding a mild laxitive for moments like those should be in my future thoughts. TMI huh? lol.

other than that i love vaping..i can smell better than before..the flavors are coming out more. I've not burnt up any atty's yet though i think one could use a cleaning from the trial and error period of dripping, But i've gotten the hang of it. I do have back up atty's and i just opened a new one today and have been breaking it in so i can do a gentle rinse with the one that's not tasting as well as it should.

It's also proving to be a nice conversation piece as well. People around here are like "Electronic cigarette?!?!". Then I tell them how good I'm feeling since I've started using it and how I don't feel the need for cigarettes anymore.

Eventually I may gradually start reducing my levels of nicotine intake but for now just being able to breath better than I did as a smoker has me content.

I'm still fresh...only one week into this...i've had 2 and a half smokes pretty much total since the day i received it and 2 of them simply because until now i've never had a need for something mediciney when I'd eaten too much..cigarettes took care of that part quite well.

But..to continue with my pleasant experience becoming a vaper...I'll update this on 9/13/2010
just to tell you where I'm at a month from the day i started vaping.

Happy vaping people, and if you're looking to give up smoking or try an alternative I hope this helps you in your decision.

Last edited:

prawdaeh

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
It's been awhile since I've posted about my vaping experience so I'm updating this thread. It's been well over a year now since I ordered my first e-cig. And I tell you it still does the job. I've moved on from dripping to 5ml cartomizers that last all day and are easily refilled. I've lost a kit or two, and went back to smoking cigarettes while I waited on the spare cash and mail time to get my replacements. I've made people stop smoking analogs in my car because the smell is gross. I'm still addicted to nicotine but I haven't woke up in the middle of the night coughing since about the 3rd day after getting my first kit. Same goes for the strong morning cravings. Not so strong anymore. I honestly believe there are other chemicals that give stronger withdrawl symptoms than nicotine when smoking an analog but detox faster than nicotine. I haven't had a sinus infection since I started vaping, I haven't been sick at all in general. I used to suffer bronchitis anually.

I have to admit that it probably helped that I had a strong desire to quit because of the pain in my lungs, waking up in coughing fits.. that may have contributed to my success factor. But my e-cig has not been difficult to switch back to for those brief periods I've found myself resorting to an analog because of not having a e-cig to puff on. I have another friend I turned onto them who has been analog free for about 6 months less than when I started vaping. His ex-gf has also been very happy with the device.

I have an inflatable boat I fear cigarette ashes and cherries while I'm on so I gave a kit to my fishing buddy, and he's fine for a whole day out on the water using the e-cig for periods of up to 7-8 hours. He still smokes regularly but he's fine while he's on the boat.

And I will admit I've come across people who just have no interest in giving up actual smoke. And that's fine by me. So long as it's not in my car or house.

aland

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2011
NYC
it's been a learning process for me as i was convinced from the start to drip. I've since purchased a drip tip and a 510 usb passthru (the one without the battery near the usb port). I love it. I have had 2 cigarettes since then...but not because I felt a need for them -but because my belly was really full and that's about the only sensation the e-cig doesn't cure for me. I suppose finding a mild laxitive for moments like those should be in my future thoughts. TMI huh? lol.

I'm still fresh...only one week into this...i've had 2 and a half smokes pretty much total since the day i received it and 2 of them simply because until now i've never had a need for something mediciney when I'd eaten too much..cigarettes took care of that part quite well.

I too had the "going" problem. Mild laxatives got me though it. It took about 3 weeks to a month to get back to normal. The good part is that you WILL get back to normal.!!!

prawdaeh

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Lol @ aland Yes I think the problem is more I ate too much in the past and the analog would help kick the digestive tract into gear to give some relief and also help control the excess weight somehow. I'm still teaching myself not to eat such large portions because the e-cig just doesn't do it like the analog did. But the relief in my lungs is worth it. And I'm loving flavors like peach and apple instead of hot smoke (I think it might make me even hungrier than I used to be on an empty stomach.)

@ dlsw it's all in choosing the model that works for you. If it weren't for the huge clouds of vapor that the 510 and the dual coils im using now from a brand i won't name (you can ask me in pm's but I'm really not trying to advertise. others may like their brand better). again for me the worst of it was the first 3 days. I was addicted to SOMETHING other than nicotine.. and I can't say I was getting less than before because the first hit off my e-cig made my head spin a little bit. That might have been due to the hacking lol. But it rarely makes me cough anymore and if it does it's usually just because of dryness or inhaling before my mouth is full. i like to blow out huge clouds of vapor before i even inhale just for the extra steam. I feel like I could start getting back into shape if I go easy on my bum shoulder ;) Giant cartomizers and long lasting batteries have been a blessing. Good luck! don't feel bad if you end up smoking a cig. but at least give it that 3days to a week without before you do. then when you have nothing left to smoke try vaping again and see if it's not tastey and satisfying..and puffing some huge vapes. enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread