I am an authentic buyer, tempted to buy a mech. Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
You know I can't show proof since there's no way one could access where they source their metals unless one work for them. Asking to provide that is just being a hyperbole.

So you really dont have a clue.
As I thought, you are just blowing smoke.

If you've been running a machine shop for 22 years you'd know there are a vast variety of differing quality of material.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

I retired.
You were specifically referring to the materials used to make mods.

I stand by my statement and 22 years professional experience which overrules your google search.

I will be happy to give you an education in metallurgical applications by a professional if you wish.

Again, none of the materials used to make mods are cost prohibitive for a chinese manufacturer.
Thats reality.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
So you really dont have a clue.
As I thought, you are just blowing smoke.

I retired.
You were specifically referring to the materials used to make mods.

I stand by my statement and 22 years professional experience which overrules your google search.

I will be happy to give you an education in metallurgical applications by a professional if you wish.

Again, none of the materials used to make mods are cost prohibitive for a chinese manufacturer.
Thats reality.

You have no clue where they source their materials also either and as you said "you are just blowing smoke".

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
You have no clue where they source their materials also either and as you said "you are just blowing smoke".

Lol.
I made a verifiable statement.
If you need to believe and promote a myth just to make yourself feel better about your purchase, thats on you.

The facts remain facts.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Lol.
I made a verifiable statement.
If you need to believe and promote a myth just to make yourself feel better about your purchase, thats on you.

The facts remain facts.
Facts remain the facts, you have no idea where the source their materials. If you bothered to read my posts I clearly stated that I have both authentic and Clone. There are differences in both machining and materials of most. I need not justify anything, especially anyone on the net. The myth is there are no differences between Clones and Authentics and anyone who has actually compared them side by side knows this. There are a very few exceptions like the SXK Kayfun V5 and the Authentic but those are the exception, not the norm. Even with that example there are a couple of small differences.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Facts remain the facts, you have no idea where the source their materials. If you bothered to read my posts I clearly stated that I have both authentic and Clone. There are differences in both machining and materials of most. I need not justify anything, especially anyone on the net. The myth is there are no differences between Clones and Authentics and anyone who has actually compared them side by side knows this. There are a very few exceptions like the SXK Kayfun V5 and the Authentic but those are the exception, not the norm. Even with that example there are a couple of small differences.

The fact remains I am a professional with 22 years working metal.
I also have over 100 mechs and have repaired both authentics and clones for 3 local shops.
My professional experience supercedes yours, and I trust my career long experience over yours as it has guided me to a very successful career.

Guessing and a professional opinion are not the same.

But feel free to indulge yourself in the delusion that authentics are made from "better materials".
:facepalm:

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
The fact remains I am a professional with 22 years working metal.
I also have over 100 mechs and have repaired both authentics and clones for 3 local shops.
My professional experience supercedes yours, and I trust my career long experience over yours as it has guided me to a very successful career.

Guessing and a professional opinion are not the same.

But feel free to indulge yourself in the delusion that authentics are made from "better materials".
:facepalm:

The fact remains that you are some random person on the Internet making claims.

I also have over 100 Mech's both authentic and Clones. I also spent some years as a Jewelers Apprentice amongst other things. My experience along with basic logic supercedes yours.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
090c82b7dd341585b033c078f081884a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

I was curious, when you say they are made from better materials, do you have an example of this? Is there an authentic that you know of that uses a different material than it's clone? That would be an easy way to make your point. I'm not being a smartass or taking sides. If someone is using better materials that should be easy to show and wouldn't be up for debate. The better machining isn't so quantitative, but better materials is. I'm asking because I'm interested in this debate. Me and many others, I'm sure, would like to have this information to compare when making a purchase. Nothing beats having all relevant information before making a purchase.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I was curious, when you say they are made from better materials, do you have an example of this? Is there an authentic that you know of that uses a different material than it's clone? That would be an easy way to make your point. I'm not being a smartass or taking sides. If someone is using better materials that should be easy to show and wouldn't be up for debate. The better machining isn't so quantitative, but better materials is. I'm asking because I'm interested in this debate. Me and many others, I'm sure, would like to have this information to compare when making a purchase. Nothing beats having all relevant information before making a purchase.

Well the xxx and the clone Are bolth made out of naval brass

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
This is what I find funny no one has a problem dropping 150 on a lost vape DNA 250 made in China or any other chip mod made in China even some say how top notch and high-quality that they are but some how on the factory line China don't know how to make a tube or box
I bet 90% of our mods come from China

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
No you're fine, I mentioned earlier in the thread the VCP Clone for one. It may be close but there are differences like the Authentic has solid brass top and the Clone is aluminum with pressed in 510 deck for one. The Anubis Clone is larger, poor quality firing pin, some weird aluminum type alloy for the top base. The Authentic is quality brass, silver plated copper internals where the Clone is nickel or some other alloy.

Also vast differences between the Sith V2 Clone and Authentic, again with the materials used. I'd actually have to break them both down to do a proper comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dieseler

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
This is what I find funny no one has a problem dropping 150 on a lost vape DNA 250 made in China or any other chip mod made in China even some say how top notch and high-quality that they are but some how on the factory line China don't know how to make a tube or box

Majority of it all comes down to quality control. Example is Petri Mod, made in China but exquisite quality control.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bad Ninja

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

I would guess it's closer to 95%-99% are from China . China does a great job mass producing a tube or box mod, but the greatest machinists in the world are American. Then maybe Germany in close second. I should know I was an American machinist for many years and China was fast and could hit the button on a CNC. But it was our programs they were running. Then you have the guys that can hand make and fit things like a colt revolver. Those are the true artists but they are a dying breed. Now everything is automated so you don't have to pay a true artisan to do the job.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

The IPhone is made in China.

American Knife companies like Buck and Cold Steel outsource some models to China.

China supplies 40% of the worlds copper.

To think they can't source a cheap alloy like naval brass isn't logical thinking.

Naval brass is what your faucet is made of.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I would guess it's closer to 95%-99% are from China . China does a great job mass producing a tube or box mod, but the greatest machinists in the world are American. Then maybe Germany in close second. I should know I was an American machinist for many years and China was fast and could hit the button on a CNC. But it was our programs they were running. Then you have the guys that can hand make and fit things like a colt revolver. Those are the true artists but they are a dying breed. Now everything is automated so you don't have to pay a true artisan to do the job.

Funny story.
Old Marlin firearms were made by the same guys on the line and their families for years. Passed down the trade.
When Remington bought them in '07 they moved the facility and fired all the smiths.

Then they realized they had no blueprints. None existed.
The gunsmiths had been doing it the same way for decades. By hand.
Every single firearm.
That's why the new ones are so very different and feel like a Remmy.

That level of craftsmanship and precision isn't found in any mod.
Not even close.
I wish it were.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Lol now on ur mods what did u do in the navy and thanks for your service

I drove a supply truck, I can run a mean floor buffer too and polish the piss outta some brass and copper ;)
We polished our floors with Pledge furniture polish one time, my roommate hopped off of her top bunk and didn't stop until she hit the lockers :lol:. We didn't do that again, but we passed inspection :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread