I am new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
I like onestopdiyshop.com for my flavors. They got a great selection and competitive prices. I primarily vape rootbeer at 20% flavoring from every source I can get it, although I love the one stop flavor the most. I also get great feedback from friends with strawberry cheesecake: 10% cheesecake, flavor west is a great one, as well as TFA, and 5% tfa strawberry(ripe).
Another easy and tasty one is TFA pancake: 4 drops per 10mls, it's really strong stuff.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome aboard, @bruno3136!

Don't hesitate to check out the DIY threads. ALLLLLLLL kinds of great advice. Read the threads and blogs by @Hoosier and @dannyv45. They offer excellent advice for folks just getting started. You can certainly get overwhelmed, or you can keep it incredibly simple.

Bear in mind, posted recipes should be thought of merely as guidelines. YOU might need a little more of this or a little less of that in YOUR variation. Start with smaller batches at first, until you find combinations that work for YOU.

Each flavor manufacturer might have the same "name" of a flavoring, but they might be of different concentrations or even taste slightly differently than other manufacturers. Personally, I am comfortable swapping Capella (CAP) flavorings virtually 1 for 1 with The Flavoring Apprentice (TFA) flavorings. I can't say the same for direct substitutions of other manufacturers. What I might normally use 10% of one particular flavor, another brand (or your specific tastebuds) may only need 2%

Reactions: Eskie

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Welcome to the world of DIY! Don't get discouraged if you don't get a hit first couple of tries (happened to me and stopped doing it for a while). Once you find your preferred flavor profile then you can have fun making your juice your way. A good rule (for me anyways) is less is more. Start using your flavors at a small amount because you can always add more, many times to much flavoring can ruin a batch. :)

Reactions: Eskie

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Adjust your base first. VG, PG, & Nicotine. Spend a week if need be. Lots of tweeking here.
Make 10ml test batches with flavors you think you would like. One flavor only. At this point start to combine your test batches to 2 flavor test Sub batches. Keep notes!
When i started, 30 flavors, copying recipes, etc. A complete Cluster 'er' Mess. Quit for a few weeks. Came up with the above methodology.
Be the pilot of your own flights of fancy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread