I am saving money out the ... by vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I live in Florida, so cigarettes are pretty cheap here.

But, it still is expensive if you smoke 2 packs a day like I did for so many years ....

The cheapest generic cigarettes cost $34 per carton ...

2 packs per day x 30 days per month = 60 packs per month (6 cartons) x $34 per carton = $ 204 Monthly

I now make my own DIY juice which cost me about .09 cents per ml.

I vape 5ml of this juice per day x 30 days per month = 150ml per month x .09 cents per ml = $ 14 Monthly

So, as I see it .... this cigarette habit was costing me about [14 times] more money than what vaping now costs me!

And God help those unfortunate people that live in places like New York City .... I am thinking that they may be paying triple of the prices I just posted above if they are on a cigarette habit.

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
And God help those unfortunate people that live in places like New York City .... I am thinking that they may be paying triple of the prices I just posted above if they are on a cigarette habit.
Australians pay around $19 USD per pack. It costs them a little more to vape (they have to import nicotine juice or nicotine if they DIY) but vaping still saves them ALOT of money.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
When I first started, I quickly got into Gear Acquisition Syndrome and my purchases pretty much cost as much as smoking for me at that time (three cartons every two weeks). Once I got to a point where I was satisfied with my setup, my costs dwindled quickly. I'm way ahead now. My ticker below shows how much I would have spent if I was still smoking.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I vape 5ml of this juice per day x 30 days per month = 150ml per month x .09 cents per ml = $ 14 Monthly

Do you mean 9 cents per ml?

150ml per month x 0.09 cents per ml = 14 cents per month

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Mine's about .10 per ml, and I'm using rather expensive flavor, and a lot of it, and also still a bit of WTA, which is quite costly. And I also vape about 5ml-ish per day, so $15/mo, and I couldn't smoke for even 3 days on $15, rather than vaping for 30. So that's a more-than-ten-fold reduction in price.

Yeah there's a bit of investment at first, to have plenty of hardware and figure out what you like, but once you finally find THE perfect setup and juice(s) for yourself... it's just amazing. Not only have I been able to make that investment with no pain at all, but we've been able to get an ADT system for our home -- never could afford the monthly monitoring fee when I had to pay the cigarette extortion -- and also, my husband has been able to return to his coin collecting hobby, which he had to more or less abandon and liquidate during some very hard times 2009-2011. I do have to re-up on supplies from time to time, but they're not costly, except that Shisha Strawberry flavor, and it's still dirt cheap compared to cigarettes.

Andria

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
i know im saving money because 30ml juice costs me around $20-22 for a good brand cheaper brands tend to not give me much of a great taste but some do from my own experience. a pack here in Hawaii costs about $8-10 depending what you smoke and i think a little less if they are cheaper brand like USA, Camels.

i go through 30ml in maybe a week or less. i've just started dripping so im going through more but with my tank a 30ml could last about 2-3 weeks. a pack of cigs would last me 2-4 days at most.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I haven't even bothered yet to find out how much my 1/2 DIY (PG/VG/Nic + a little flavor sometimes) is costing me per day or per month. I've been vaping for only a year now, I haven't spent slightly over $1500 & I've spent about $525! I do know that the first number goes up a lot faster than the second..

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I spent $3,000 a year on cigs, a carton a week. DIY is costing 2.4 cents per ml, 12 cents a day, 84 cents a week, $45 a year. This is a 98.6% decrease in cost. It takes 15 minutes to mix a batch. This is why the Tobacco Age is over. We are the vangard putting an end to the largest, most lucrative and most disabling drug trade in the history of civilization. (time for bed)

Spencer87

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2014
    Jakarta- Indonesia
    wow... here, cigs a 4.60 a pack roughly... and Even with importing, I am still paying less for vaping... albeit, not a whole lot less... Actually, Its roughly the same.
    but if I wanted it to be it could be less
    And when I return to Canada, I am not smoking any longer, there, Cigs are 10-12$ a pack.
    so still saving money....in my books. I had shineyitis quite bad in the beginning though.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    I live in Florida, so cigarettes are pretty cheap here.

But, it still is expensive if you smoke 2 packs a day like I did for so many years ....

The cheapest generic cigarettes cost $34 per carton ...

2 packs per day x 30 days per month = 60 packs per month (6 cartons) x $34 per carton = $ 204 Monthly

So, as I see it .... this cigarette habit was costing me about [14 times] more money than what vaping now costs me!

Shinyitis will fix that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread