I am saving money out the ... by vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Freddy

Unresolved Status
Oct 8, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I find the cost savings to be the most overrated thing about vaping. It's cheaper only if you control your spending and/or cigs are expensive. I did RYO for about $50 a month and it was less effort and complexity than my current vaping, although boring. I've probably gone below that 2 months out of the last year and use extreme budget gear. I've met someone that spent $1200 in a short time and people on here have spent $40,000.

The low $/mL quoted for DIY juice requires making a lot -- vaping more or giving it away -- or similar restrictions as hardware. $45 a year? I spent $65 on my 1st batch of stuff 3 months ago, got $40 more and am looking at doing that again already. You could only make 3 flavors and it would still be more than $45 startup for it to be only $45 a year.

There are some other cheap options for ejuice, or the best of all would be to have a friend into DIY instead!

skoony

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    I find the cost savings to be the most overrated thing about vaping. It's cheaper only if you control your spending and/or cigs are expensive. I did RYO for about $50 a month and it was less effort and complexity than my current vaping, although boring. I've probably gone below that 2 months out of the last year and use extreme budget gear. I've met someone that spent $1200 in a short time and people on here have spent $40,000.

The low $/mL quoted for DIY juice requires making a lot -- vaping more or giving it away -- or similar restrictions as hardware. $45 a year? I spent $65 on my 1st batch of stuff 3 months ago, got $40 more and am looking at doing that again already. You could only make 3 flavors and it would still be more than $45 startup for it to be only $45 a year.

There are some other cheap options for ejuice, or the best of all would be to have a friend into DIY instead!
    If one ignores the cost of hardware which varies greatly huge savings can be made by DIY juice.
    Look at it this way. You can buy a motor vehicle used and beat up for next to nothing or, you can
    buy a brand new Rolls Royce. The cost of the gas is still the same. If one could obtain the same
    savings making DIY gas as we can get making juice its obvious what an advantage that would be.
    I hope that everyone remembers after reading how so many people are spending almost next to
    nothing on vaping v smoking that this is the real and only reason the Government,BT,BP and the
    ANTZ are in such an uproar.
    :2c:
    Regards
    Mike

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I find the cost savings to be the most overrated thing about vaping. It's cheaper only if you control your spending and/or cigs are expensive.

Well yeah, that's what grownups do, they control themselves and limit their spending to their income and budget. And most of us didn't "RYO" -- I tried some Prince Albert once, YUCK! I wanted the taste of CIGARETTES, not pipe tobacco. :eek:

Vaping costs, overall, about half what smoking cost me -- and cigarettes are cheap in GA, compared to a lot of other states; last summer when I finally put them down, they were $5.69/pk at Walgreens. $5.69 per day versus 50 cents per day in consumables; of course the hardware has to be figured in, but that's more of a 'capital investment' than an expense, so the price would be amortized over the life of the device. I'd say that saving at least 50% over what smoking cost is a pretty conservative estimate.

Andria

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    And most of us didn't "RYO" -- I tried some Prince Albert once, YUCK! I wanted the taste of CIGARETTES, not pipe tobacco. :eek:

Actually it's somewhat comparable to switching to vaping or switching to DIY juice -- you have to try a bunch of stuff, drop some cash, and a lot of it's junk, although vaping has even more things to try. I didn't actually RYO to save money, I did it because the fire safety goop ruined Winstons, although savings were nice -- again comparable to vaping ... I'd suggest anyone to switch from manufactured US FSC cigs to almost anything else, be it RYO, snus, vaping or quitting.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Agreed. It tasted better and was a healthier alternative to not have the chemicals. My locally grown tobacco was 14.99/lb, 6 packs of 115 leaf bugler rolling papers were 1.09/book, and 6 packs of 100ct tops filter tips were .69/bag. That was enough for 3 weeks which was roughly 3 cartons. I spent a lot on vaping but now that I've found the setups I prefer and diy my own juice, I spend roughly the same on vaping as RYO but that's mostly due to trying a new atty every once in awhile.

Biff_B

Aug 13, 2015
    I live in Florida, so cigarettes are pretty cheap here.

But, it still is expensive if you smoke 2 packs a day like I did for so many years ....

The cheapest generic cigarettes cost $34 per carton ...

2 packs per day x 30 days per month = 60 packs per month (6 cartons) x $34 per carton = $ 204 Monthly

I now make my own DIY juice which cost me about .09 cents per ml.

I vape 5ml of this juice per day x 30 days per month = 150ml per month x .09 cents per ml = $ 14 Monthly

So, as I see it .... this cigarette habit was costing me about [14 times] more money than what vaping now costs me!

And God help those unfortunate people that live in places like New York City .... I am thinking that they may be paying triple of the prices I just posted above if they are on a cigarette habit.

I read a couple of posts you made before about CT-Cohiba from RTS Vapes. They don't sell that any longer and won't tell me anything more about it. Have you had better luck? Did you find it anywhere else? I really wanted to try it after reading them.

*Sorry if off-topic, I couldn't message you or reply to the posts as they were too old.

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 13, 2013
    Pensacola, Florida
    I spend ridiculous money on vape gear... but now my GF makes DIY juice. I resell used vape gear on ebay ( high end stuff ) and just sold 305$ worth of gear offshore at work...

Not only do I always have a constant influx of high end vape gear in my possession... I now get it for free and make a small profit. Buying and reselling cigarettes is illegal... so YAY vaping!

Reactions: AndriaD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread