Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
she mustn't be able to detect burnt juice or is doing it to taste like a burning flavour ie cig, on purpose. The 1.6 are AWFUL at 5 volts. Shocking. I can guarantee you she is harming herself too, almost negating the health benefits of vaping, as she is vaping at levels that will cause toxin release.

11 watts is the absolute *peak* that the 1.6 coils can handle, and not with thick juice at that level either.
It depends on the type of pull and how long you are drawing. My wife had been vaping the nautilus mini with the 1.6 bvc for years at 18 watts and 70vg juice and never burns the coils and can get weeks out of them. Yes if your taking 5 second strong pulls, then that's different but she takes 1 to 2 second easy pulls and probably doesn't re pull for at least 30 seconds therefore after. So it depends on your vape style

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Another vote for the Aspire Nautilus line. It's sounds exactly what you need for that cool cigarette draw. Go for the Mini or the Nautilus 2. Both take the same coils. (7 coils to choose from) The Mini is easier to refill and less fiddling involved, but the Nautilus 2 has a way better airflow and is worth it Imo. These tanks also take the Triton mini coils.

Reactions: Mowgli

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I said SHE has not burned coils...... I service her vape.... I have burned a few..... yeah she takes little puffs...... but if the wick is flowing good they do ok. She is maxing the tank out..IMO.. but I can't find anything else yet with a draw feel she likes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I used to use the 1.6 coil all the time and not the 1.8 coil. It's just what I started on I guess. Had no reason why I never used the 1.8. I got the 1.8 with the Nautilus 2. (Came with it). IMO it is way better. You can run it at 5v or around 14w. I enjoy the vapor production of of this coil a lot more. I always thought the 1.6 would have more punch than the 1.8. I was wrong. Just a suggestion she might like the 1.8s give them a try.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I used to use the 1.6 coil all the time and not the 1.8 coil. It's just what I started on I guess. Had no reason why I never used the 1.8. I got the 1.8 with the Nautilus 2. (Came with it). IMO it is way better. You can run it at 5v or around 14w. I enjoy the vapor production of of this coil a lot more. I always thought the 1.6 would have more punch than the 1.8. I was wrong. Just a suggestion she might like the 1.8s give them a try.
My local mistakingly give me 1.6s, I didn't realise till I got home but I agree the 1.8 coils are better. They are my favourite coils full stop aside from the NautilusX 1.8s

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
I am at my wits end. ...
Can someone recommend something that's a cool, ecig type device that vapes like a cigarette. Unfortunately You can't test these b4 you buy and I can't afford to keep spending $80-100 to try New ones and not use them.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

If you don't want to build your coils get the Nautilus Mini or the version 2 or the X, but a Kabuki would be my choice above them all. It uses Nautilus Mini coils, can be set to a very restricted MTL draw and has an outstanding build quality (it also looks great). Once you set the airflow it won't accidentaly move. I vape the Kabuki at 11 watts.

If you want to build your own coils, you can get a Kayfun Mini v3. It is really a great atty. Easy to use, great design, amazing quality and definitely a flavor chaser. I use it with kanthal coils at around 1.5 ohm, 2.5 mm diameter, vaping at 12 watts and in both cases battery lasts long which I consider is an added benefit about tootle-puffing.

Both are a bit pricey but worth the expense. If I had to choose one I would certainly pick the Kayfun.

You will be able to find a lot of information about these 2 atomizers in ECF and in Youtube (if you happen to find Qorax video about the KMv3 you will buy it, it happened to me ;)) .

IMG_1217.jpg

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
If you don't want to build your coils get the Nautilus Mini or the version 2 or the X, but a Kabuki would be my choice above them all. It uses Nautilus Mini coils, can be set to a very restricted MTL draw and has an outstanding build quality (it also looks great). Once you set the airflow it won't accidentaly move. I vape the Kabuki at 11 watts.

If you want to build your own coils, you can get a Kayfun Mini v3. It is really a great atty. Easy to use, great design, amazing quality and definitely a flavor chaser. I use it with kanthal coils at around 1.5 ohm, 2.5 mm diameter, vaping at 12 watts and in both cases battery lasts long which I consider is an added benefit about tootle-puffing.

Both are a bit pricey but worth the expense. If I had to choose one I would certainly pick the Kayfun.

You will be able to find a lot of information about these 2 atomizers in ECF and in Youtube (if you happen to find Qorax video about the KMv3 you will buy it, it happened to me ;)) .

View attachment 668357
I agree with all, I have 3 kabukis & a few Kayfun lites & high five on the Provaris! Best MTL SETUPS EVER :D
& they are the beat mimicking of cigarettes ever.
Couldn't of wished for a better suggstion

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
I hope these replies are helping you, there are some great suggestions here. I didn't get into vaping for the hobby, I got in to get off cigarettes.

I have turned it into a hobby since, used Provari devices for 3 years starting with the regular Nautilus and Nautilus Mini and then fine tuned that vape with the Kabuki. I play with sub ohm vaping here and there but my main device is either the Provari Radius, Provari Procyon both with Kabuki's, mix in the Kayfun 3 mini and lately been primarily using the Billet Box with Nautilus coils. I really believe any device that can use the Nautilus coils will give you the best mouth to lung experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tomasius74

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
If you want something that hits like a cigarette, get a Kayfun V4 clone by Tobeco. Run your coil 1.2 Ohms to 1.5 Ohms. Sub-Ohm + hi power = lower battery life. Great for huge clouds, but that's kids stuff. Plus, you can run it on a 20 watt mod. 12mg liquid is perfect!

The Kayfun V5 is fine as well. I prefer the V4, as it seems to produce more flavor. More robust... Closest thing to a cigarette that I've ever experienced. If you want to run the V4 as a sub-Ohm, you can get a kit from Kidney Punch for $6.00 USD.

If you do go with a V5, you should checkout the V5 Mini clone. Produces more flavor than the standard issue V5. I think I paid like $17.00 for mine. Technically it's not a clone, since SM doesn't make a V5 mini.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skold

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm going to vote for the Nautilus 2, as well. I guarantee that you will find some combination of coils/watts that you like. You can Sub-ohm at 0.7, which is really barely sub-ohming but it's a great taste and a clean vape (I vape that at 14 watts with the airflow half closed. It should fit on any tank you have. Can't say much about the Kayfun since I haven't tried it, but you are getting some good recommendations here, I think. I'd try a few different tanks before e-baying all my mods...

Anna

Reactions: jcoopercam

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Hmm? I've never tried a Nautilus tank. Checking into them now...

Okay... The Nautilus units appear to be Clearomizer only units.

As you know, the August 2018 is only 13 months away. It is very likely that we won't be able to buy pre-made coils after the deadline. If you insist on using pre-made coils, you may want to consider a Eager Kayfun V4S. I've never owned one, but it appears that you can use either a Kanger Subtank Mini RBA (that you can build on), or the pre-made coil heads. I like to call them "coil-plugs". At least with this, you have the option of using either one. For $12.00, it may be worth a try.

316 SS Kayfun 4S RTA/RBA Adjustable Airflow Kay fun 4 V4 Mechanical Tank 23.5mm

If you do decide to get one, make sure you use Kanthal coil heads only. Nickel (Ni200) heads MUST be used with a regulated mod with Temperature Control aka TC. Kanthal is the best all-around wire, and doesn't require progressive heat mapping.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you want a larger tank, a lot of people swear by the Nautilus X as it has a tank extender. What I love about the Nautilus 2 is the protective outer metal casing, (I drop my ecig less now, but I think it acts as a heat sink). I've never tried the Nautilus orignial except via clone (I think) and that thing leaked like a sieve and tasted awful.

Good luck!

Anna

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
If you want something that hits like a cigarette, get a Kayfun V4 clone by Tobeco. Run your coil 1.2 Ohms to 1.5 Ohms. Sub-Ohm + hi power = lower battery life. Great for huge clouds, but that's kids stuff. Plus, you can run it on a 20 watt mod. 12mg liquid is perfect!

The Kayfun V5 is fine as well. I prefer the V4, as it seems to produce more flavor. More robust... Closest thing to a cigarette that I've ever experienced. If you want to run the V4 as a sub-Ohm, you can get a kit from Kidney Punch for $6.00 USD.

If you do go with a V5, you should checkout the V5 Mini clone. Produces more flavor than the standard issue V5. I think I paid like $17.00 for mine. Technically it's not a clone, since SM doesn't make a V5 mini.
The kayfuns are great but personally my favourite is the Kayfun Lite as it has a tighter draw than the latest ones.

Reactions: jcoopercam

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I'm willing to guess that even after August 2018, someone one somewhere in china will be selling coils and popping them into a epacket labeled electronic parts....

The coils I got off of Fasttech were epacket mail and labeled electronic parts.
ATF can't control what the Chinese do, but they will come down on buyers. To get the point out to anyone planning on circumventing the ban, I suspect they will make fines/arrests a public spectacle.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
If they stop pre built coils I'm going back to smoking, building is a hassle for me cos of my nerves.
The Chinese will be greasing palms in DC, you can bet on that. They're not just going to just let a multi-billion dollar a year industry go down the crapper. That's just how good business is done.

I love me some Capitalism! :thumbs:

Reactions: DaveP

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
. Can't say much about the Kayfun since I haven't tried it,

Anna
the nautilus coils are good, but if you like to build, or ever intend to, the kayfuns are awesome...I started with the original kayfun and it completely made me switch from genesis atomizers . The kayfun lite then came out and was even better, then the light plus came out and really good too, but my fav is the kayfun mini v3, it is small but is awesome. They are definitely a notch above a nautilus for sure. Had the v4 for a short time but just didn't like the looks or the parts. The k5 had awesome reviews, but to big for me, although I have heard the have a drop kit for it. Can't comment on the clones, but the authentics are just superb and we'll worth trying out one day

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
the nautilus coils are good, but if you like to build, or ever intend to, the kayfuns are awesome...I started with the original kayfun and it completely made me switch from genesis atomizers . The kayfun lite then came out and was even better, then the light plus came out and really good too, but my fav is the kayfun mini v3, it is small but is awesome. They are definitely a notch above a nautilus for sure. Had the v4 for a short time but just didn't like the looks or the parts. The k5 had awesome reviews, but to big for me, although I have heard the have a drop kit for it. Can't comment on the clones, but the authentics are just superb and we'll worth trying out one day

Does the V3 require that you fill it from the bottom?

I have 2 x V4 clones that I love! I have a V5 Mini incoming, 1 x V5 authentic + 2 x V5 clones, just cuz. Looks like I'm gong to have to order a V3. The clones are so good, I go with a V3 clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread