Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Does the V3 require that you fill it from the bottom?

I have 2 x V4 clones that I love! I have a V5 Mini incoming, 1 x V5 authentic + 2 x V5 clones, just cuz. Looks like I'm gong to have to order a V3. The clones are so good, I go with a V3 clone.
V3 is top fill and really nice. If your going to get a clone, don't get it from 3f vapes .Personally I don't buy them, but my wife wanted a v3 and wanted to try a clone, bought 2 from 3f and both didn't work at all. One I couldn't get a connection and the other leaked because the JC couldn't be totally closed off because of the poor threading, thus everytime you refilled, it leaked....that in itself ...... me off, let alone the time and process of rectifying the issue, never again. But I heard the other guys clones are much better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
V3 is top fill and really nice. If your going to get a clone, don't get it from 3f vapes .Personally I don't buy them, but my wife wanted a v3 and wanted to try a clone, bought 2 from 3f and both didn't work at all. One I couldn't get a connection and the other leaked because the JC couldn't be totally closed off because of the poor threading, thus everytime you refilled, it leaked....that in itself ...... me off, let alone the time and process of rectifying the issue, never again. But I heard the other guys clones are much better

Sorry to hear about your experience with 3F. I ordered a SJMY Kayfun V5 from 3F Vape which works perfectly. It took 3 weeks to get, but 3F was the only place I could order from at the time. FT carries SJMY, but they were out of stock. I don't think I'll order from 3F again, but I did get exactly what I ordered. No surprises; other the than the extended wait time.

Many machining facilities are now using LIDAR surface mapping, so any cloned item will be dead-nuts identical to the original. Update with high quality o-rings, and you should be good to go.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I found this...

Yes the v3 has a smaller deck and it would be harder or impossible to trap anything more the 26g. 26 or 28g is no problem but then some have issues with their hands when rebuilding, so who knows.. also it would be silly to build with anything thicker the 26g anyways. AF adjustment is a bit tricky because you have to remove the base to get at the screw, but once it's done, why would you need to mess with it again? I have 4 v3's and I adjusted them when I first recieved them and never needed to re adjust... only 2ml capacity and 19mm atty , it basically looks like a nautilus mini, but I like the size because my mods are very small, but if you have a bigger mod, I agree it looks weird

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Yes the v3 has a smaller deck and it would be harder or impossible to trap anything more the 26g. 26 or 28g is no problem but then some have issues with their hands when rebuilding, so who knows.. also it would be silly to build with anything thicker the 26g anyways. AF adjustment is a bit tricky because you have to remove the base to get at the screw, but once it's done, why would you need to mess with it again? I have 4 v3's and I adjusted them when I first recieved them and never needed to re adjust... only 2ml capacity and 19mm atty , it basically looks like a nautilus mini, but I like the size because my mods are very small, but if you have a bigger mod, I agree it looks weird

Interesting.

I installed the sub-Ohm kit in my Kayfun V4 today... It's firing great, but I prefer the original air tube w/AFC screw. The way it hits now is nearly identical to my V5's. No MTL with the sub-Ohm kit installed. To compensate, I have to hit the V4 slower, but doing so effects the temperature of the mixture. I suppose I can setup a TC profile specifically for the V4, but that's not going to change the way it hits.

I'll keep the sub-Ohm insulator, and go back to the stock air tube. It's nice to have more air flow, but the mixture is too lean. Lean mixture = muted flavor. Still good, but not nearly as good as it was with the stock tube. Had they put an AFC screw in the sub-Ohm tube (say 100% to 25% open), it would be perfect.

I'd like to have an mod that increases the temperature as you increase suction, same as a cigarette. Vaping functions in the reverse... The harder you pull, then cooler the mix. I suppose this would require a counter-intuitive flow-sensor of some kind. As the coil cools, temp would increase to a max temp cut-off point. I think "temperature scaling" would be the correct nomenclature here. Since a regulated mod can read temperature, could this not be achieved via software?

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Interesting.

I installed the sub-Ohm kit in my Kayfun V4 today... It's firing great, but I prefer the original air tube w/AFC screw. The way it hits now is nearly identical to my V5's. No MTL with the sub-Ohm kit installed. To compensate, I have to hit the V4 slower, but doing so effects the temperature of the mixture. I suppose I can setup a TC profile specifically for the V4, but that's not going to change the way it hits.

I'll keep the sub-Ohm insulator, and go back to the stock air tube. It's nice to have more air flow, but the mixture is too lean. Lean mixture = muted flavor. Still good, but not nearly as good as it was with the stock tube. Had they put an AFC screw in the sub-Ohm tube (say 100% to 25% open), it would be perfect.

I'd like to have an mod that increases the temperature as you increase suction, same as a cigarette. Vaping functions in the reverse... The harder you pull, then cooler the mix. I suppose this would require a counter-intuitive flow-sensor of some kind. As the coil cools, temp would increase to a max temp cut-off point. I think "temperature scaling" would be the correct nomenclature here. Since a regulated mod can read temperature, could this not be achieved via software?
Sounds like your talking about a carburetor

Reactions: jcoopercam

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I think if I were going to buy a mod right now it'd be the ijoy captain .looks like a nice piece of kit and comes with 2 20700 batteries. Think you can get it with the captain tank too.vape on
It looks really nice & the battery life would be sweet. I use an ijoy 20700 in a mech and even off a single cell it's good battery life!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If I was going to buy another mod, it would be a Pico 75 TC, and the decision wouldn't even be close. And if I needed a tank to go on it, I'd flip a coin and go with something in the Nautilus series or a Subtank mini.

You want MTL? Got it. DL? Yep. RBA? Uh huh. Leak proof? Mmm hmm. Temp control? Mash the button.

You can get the whole setup for $50 - $60.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Having just vaped it, if I had to buy another mod, I'd buy the tesla steampunk nano. The options on that thing are great (I love the on/of switch) but it is the smoothest vape I've ever tried (so far) and that thing is efficient, I ended up turning down my watts. I'd get it because it's inexpensive, you can always build UP, but you can use a 2 battery mod on anything, really, depending on how low the watts go. In user mode, though, that thing is amazing.... I am trying to pretend my red Nautilus 2 doesn't look awful on it, but really since I got the gold/rose/copper one, it doesn't look horrendous :) Until I start building, this will be my go to for a long time (and probably after that).

Anna

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Having just vaped it, if I had to buy another mod, I'd buy the tesla steampunk nano. The options on that thing are great (I love the on/of switch) but it is the smoothest vape I've ever tried (so far) and that thing is efficient, I ended up turning down my watts. I'd get it because it's inexpensive, you can always build UP, but you can use a 2 battery mod on anything, really, depending on how low the watts go. In user mode, though, that thing is amazing.... I am trying to pretend my red Nautilus 2 doesn't look awful on it, but really since I got the gold/rose/copper one, it doesn't look horrendous :) Until I start building, this will be my go to for a long time (and probably after that).

Anna
Told you it's great :)

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Jcoopercam wrote:

TC control does just that. It maintains the temperature as you vape. More draw causes more coil on-time. You set the temp and it controls the on-time of the coil and varies the voltage to the coil in real-time.

I'm a 10W vaper who loves long battery life. I tend to go with mods that use replaceable 18650s. Recently, I bought the Alien 220w and the Pico Dual. Both use dual 18650s. It's nice not to have to carry a spare battery when I go out. TC mode with SS spaced coils works with wattage and TC modes.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Sorry to hear about your experience with 3F. I ordered a SJMY Kayfun V5 from 3F Vape which works perfectly. It took 3 weeks to get, but 3F was the only place I could order from at the time. FT carries SJMY, but they were out of stock. I don't think I'll order from 3F again, but I did get exactly what I ordered. No surprises; other the than the extended wait time.

Many machining facilities are now using LIDAR surface mapping, so any cloned item will be dead-nuts identical to the original. Update with high quality o-rings, and you should be good to go.
I'm not sure what version it was tbh and it was about 8 months ago, so not sure if the newer ones are better. I hear so many clones are really good now, so I'm sure it just was that they sent me a couple from the defective pile. Honestly, it's probably the vape gods getting back at me because I was always on the authentic side

Reactions: jcoopercam

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I'm not sure what version it was tbh and it was about 8 months ago, so not sure if the newer ones are better. I hear so many clones are really good now, so I'm sure it just was that they sent me a couple from the defective pile. Honestly, it's probably the vape gods getting back at me because I was always on the authentic side

I guess authentic doesn't always = quality. I received my Cthulhu Mods Gaia RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer atomizer from Fasttech last night. My first attempt at a coil build resulted in a stripped post! The deck is made from aluminum. Had I known this, I never would have purchased it. Aluminum + stainless grub screws do not play well together. The tolerances need to be tight, as the slightest movement will result in damaged threads; which is exactly what happened. On the other hand, I have a Tobeco Kayfun V4 that works flawlessly! My authentic Kayfun V5 leaks at the AFC. I'm sure it's an o-ring issue though... The base o-ring looks too thin to me. The fact that some leak and others do not has me thinking, that some of the o-rings are getting twisted during installation. If you ask me, Kayfun should have used a larger o-ring at the base.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I guess authentic doesn't always = quality. I received my Cthulhu Mods Gaia RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer atomizer from Fasttech last night. My first attempt at a coil build resulted in a stripped post! The deck is made from aluminum. Had I known this, I never would have purchased it. Aluminum + stainless grub screws do not play well together. The tolerances need to be tight, as the slightest movement will result in damaged threads; which is exactly what happened. On the other hand, I have a Tobeco Kayfun V4 that works flawlessly! My authentic Kayfun V5 leaks at the AFC. I'm sure it's an o-ring issue though... The base o-ring looks too thin to me. The fact that some leak and others do not has me thinking, that some of the o-rings are getting twisted during installation. If you ask me, Kayfun should have used a larger o-ring at the base.
That's aweful about the cthulhu, sorry to hear that but is that tank China made ? Honestly I know alot of their products are good, like the new skyline clone which I heard is awesome, but some not so good, but you can say that about well made, non China devices to, so sometimes you just need to be lucky.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
That's aweful about the cthulhu, sorry to hear that but is that tank China made ? Honestly I know alot of their products are good, like the new skyline clone which I heard is awesome, but some not so good, but you can say that about well made, non China devices to, so sometimes you just need to be lucky.

I don't know if it's made in China, or not? I would have to open the return package to look at the box. Before the threads stripped, the keyway on the grub screws had stripped as well. I used a Snap-On allen wrench to tighten them, so I know it wasn't a mismatch in sizing. I suppose that sort of excludes the grubs as stainless. Some sort of alloy that's harder than aluminum anyway.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I don't know if it's made in China, or not? I would have to open the return package to look at the box. Before the threads stripped, the keyway on the grub screws had stripped as well. I used a Snap-On allen wrench to tighten them, so I know it wasn't a mismatch in sizing. I suppose that sort of excludes the grubs as stainless. Some sort of alloy that's harder than aluminum anyway.
I suppose they will honor a return , but being from there, it's going to take a while.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Wow! Seriously

Yup! I said thanks, but no thanks. I also cancelled my LV Epetite mod order. Not because of the $3.00 insult, but because my VT Inbox squonker is preferable. The only con I have with the VT Inbox, is the size of the squonk bottle access hole. If you have large fingers, they tend to capture and pull the cover off of the box.

I think I'm turning into a squonkaholic! :)

If you're looking for an excellent clone, check out the Hadaly clone. Using one now, and it is fabulous! I have an authentic as well, but I'm saving it for the post 8/18 ban. I also picked up a Wotofo Serpent BF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread