I am somewhat convinced chain vaping lung hits will alter normal human breathing patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formervaper

Aug 8, 2015
Now first off I would like to say I am not bashing vaping. Because of it I can say that today I am free of all addiction .

I know how people are here when it comes to medical issues concerning vaping and they will want studies / proof but hear me put any way

I vaped for 3 years and would say the majority of it was with high voltage lung hits . In the last 6 or so months I started gradually getting air hunger . The feeling if needing to take deep breaths every 30 seconds and being constantly aware of my breathing. At first it would come for a day then leave for a few days . Eventually I had it 24 7. Thats when I got scared .

Doctors ran all the tests and chalked it up to anxiety .. a normal diagnosis when they can't find a solution . I have no history of anxiety or anything to be anxious about . Life is good for me.
I tried different juice . Pg vg ratio etc . Nothing changed.I quit vaping 3 months ago. 1 month later the condition was still there . I started doing cardiovascular training 4 or 5 times a week and it gradually got better .

I am now here 3 months later 90 percent back to normal. I figured it took this long to retrain my body . I was doing deep breathing exercises a couple times a day as well .

Anyways this is all speculation of course . It could have been some hidden anxiety but I found it too coincidental that it happened gradually while vaping and went away a few months after quitting . So please be careful with chain vaping lung hits and if anyone has any similar stories speak up .

I am always grateful that vaping helped me quit cigarettes and I wouldn't go back.

Salkema

Oct 19, 2015
I have the same thing, although I've had a long history of Generalized Anxiety disorder. I switched to e-cigarettes one month ago from smoking almost a pack of analogs per day. I currently smoke about 1.8ml-2ml of e-liquid per day, I don't know if it's chain smoking or not but it seems like me because I smoke it all the time!
I've always felt that my shortness of breath and smoker's cough was because of having accumulated mucus in my lungs which I couldn't spell out (dry cough), however in the past 3 days I've been coughing and releasing tons of mucus like never before! Also, I've been doing cardio after many months and it might be attributed to that. I don't know if it's a good sign or no. In terms of my lungs health, I've done X-rays and spirometry a few months ago and it seems my lungs are fine, with a little inflamated airways.
I would like to know if releasing a lot of mucus all of a sudden is good and if that could potentially help me breath better and cure my cough? I'm an anxiety freak too, but I am praying it would get better & I am not yet ready to give up nicotine.

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
The same thing happened to me except I took it much farther. 18mg lung hits all day. I wound up permanently damaging my lungs without realizing it. Now my lungs are full of scar tissue. I'm glad you stopped when you did and were able to recover. Though I may be an outlier with the 'way' I vaped. I still believe mods are way way overkill and not safe.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have no problem accepting that vaping is HARM REDUCTION. There was never any part of me that thought it was harm-free.

If you have something to share that increases aspect of harm reduction as it pertains to vaping, I think it is good to share it. Many are accomplishing or trying to accomplish that by vaping flavorless, or DAP-free, or not vaping too hot/strong........whatever it is for everyone Good luck to ya.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
The same thing happened to me except I took it much farther. 18mg lung hits all day. I wound up permanently damaging my lungs without realizing it. Now my lungs are full of scar tissue. I'm glad you stopped when you did and were able to recover. Though I may be an outlier with the 'way' I vaped. I still believe mods are way way overkill and not safe.

I remember you too... The 28 years young guy with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis! Included myself, plenty of members showed a great deal of support to your thread. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...e-idiopathic-pulmonary-fibrosis.693867/page-4

Reactions: Racehorse

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I get chronic low level BRONCHITIS every year at winter. I do not doubt smoking from 13 to 35 when I started vaping and especially drinking and smoking before bed while watching TV had a lot to do with it. But Vaping makes it worse than smoking. You can see I've been on this forum a while. I'm down to 3 cigs a day (on waking up and 2 before bed) and have vaped on and off over the years.

Honestly vaping for some reason makes the bronchitis worse than smoking does and gives me acid reflux and insomnia if I vape before bed.

So I keep smoking those 3 cigs, which of course make me tired and give me bad skin....

I've always vaped Janty ego-t / ego-c. Recently a co-worker suggested the vape on the ego is cool and airy so irritates he bronchials. Suggested trying his Kanger varibale voltage with cinebon juice.

Much better vape, warmer vape, less irritation than from the ego-c and less of a hit in bronchials feel, more of a hit in the lungs deeper down feel. And that was zero nicotine.

So I might get a mini Kanger and better juice and see if that works for me. The no nicotine will not give me insomnia hopefully and the warmer smoother vape might well not inflame my bronchitis as much.

We'll see. But yeah, vaping is good if going from a pack or two a day but when you were only a moderate smoker like me, it can be just as bad...

Reactions: Nimaz

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I hope you are feeling better yourself, Nimaz. :) And yes, you are always very supportive to fellow vapers.

I am doing great! Thank you! Smoking was making my like miserable... And it still does to many people. Working too much was also a factor. Now, I enjoy the flavor of every bit of my days to the fullest.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I get chronic low level BRONCHITIS every year at winter. I do not doubt smoking from 13 to 35 when I started vaping and especially drinking and smoking before bed while watching TV had a lot to do with it. But Vaping makes it worse than smoking. You can see I've been on this forum a while. I'm down to 3 cigs a day (on waking up and 2 before bed) and have vaped on and off over the years.

Honestly vaping for some reason makes the bronchitis worse than smoking does and gives me acid reflux and insomnia if I vape before bed.

So I keep smoking those 3 cigs, which of course make me tired and give me bad skin....

I've always vaped Janty ego-t / ego-c. Recently a co-worker suggested the vape on the ego is cool and airy so irritates he bronchials. Suggested trying his Kanger varibale voltage with cinebon juice.

Much better vape, warmer vape, less irritation than from the ego-c and less of a hit in bronchials feel, more of a hit in the lungs deeper down feel. And that was zero nicotine.

So I might get a mini Kanger and better juice and see if that works for me. The no nicotine will not give me insomnia hopefully and the warmer smoother vape might well not inflame my bronchitis as much.

We'll see. But yeah, vaping is good if going from a pack or two a day but when you were only a moderate smoker like me, it can be just as bad...

I speculate that the specific vapor that you used is not worsening an existing bronchitis that you seem to develop during winter but rather makes you feel it more as you inhale the vapor. You may start to feel that even with hot water vapor. For instance, I feel airways irritation in my first vape puffs of the day, or after exercising. This irritation subside very quickly though after the 2 first puffs. This feeling is more pronounced with the ego-T or spinner II batteries than with istick TC40 which seems deliver more consistent power (~7W/3.9V, I am not using the TC option). The pH of the eliquid may also be a factor, with low pH been the worse as well as the vapor temperature. As you know, cigarette smoke is a major cause of chronic bronchitis, and as I stopped smoking the symptoms are becoming milder with time as my lung clear out from tar, my cilia getting back to work, effectively promoting the clearance of impurities, potential irritants or even pathogens from airways. But the symptoms still persist several weeks to months after smoking cessation even in individual who don't vape. Because of the low number of cigs you smoke, you may be experiencing a consistent recovery process without completion. For instance, my wife, who doesn't vape, smokes 3-4 cigs a day but complains about low level bronchitis easily hearable. I hope that you will succeed in quitting cigs. Also, one study shows that vaping may cause reversible airway resistance but, even if I can agree, yet this topic may still be controversial. Finally, keep in mind that alcohol, cold dry weather, with PG/VG vapor cause dehydration which together may worsen the bronchitis symptoms. Best to you!

Reactions: Katmar

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
It must be the cheap liquids I'm using. I can sit in a steam room or sauna for up to 30 minutes with no problems, so it's not as though a bit of vapor alone would cause this.

I recently tried a more expensive liquid with zero nicotine on a co-worker's kangertech subox and I must admit I found it smoother and less irritating than my cheap juice and my Janty ego-c set up.

My current RY4 which is VG/PG and only 6mg nicotine on my ego-c gives me flu like symptoms, a watery feel in my lungs and bronchitis.

It says also 'may contain traces of nuts' on the label and is made in China. Smoking cigarettes feels better than vaping this.

I'll try some better juices on the ego-c and get a new atty / clearo and see how that goes. That not work I might try a kangertech VV PV.

Reactions: Nimaz

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
It must be the cheap liquids I'm using. I can sit in a steam room or sauna for up to 30 minutes with no problems, so it's not as though a bit of vapor alone would cause this.

I recently tried a more expensive liquid with zero nicotine on a co-worker's kangertech subox and I must admit I found it smoother and less irritating than my cheap juice and my Janty ego-c set up.

My current RY4 which is VG/PG and only 6mg nicotine on my ego-c gives me flu like symptoms, a watery feel in my lungs and bronchitis.

It says also 'may contain traces of nuts' on the label and is made in China. Smoking cigarettes feels better than vaping this.

I'll try some better juices on the ego-c and get a new atty / clearo and see how that goes. That not work I might try a kangertech VV PV.

Actually, I am making my own juices and sometime vape 50/50 unflavored. It's not such a big deal to do and very cheap. I still have a stock of ejuices that I purchased but don't like. Also, I get some quality controlled base solutions @http://www.nudenicotine.com and DX (diketone(Acetoin, Acetyl Propionyl)-free ) from wizard labs. Thereby, I can somehow have a good idea of what's in my vape.

I am still puzzled by your symptoms... I cannot exclude in no way that the ejuice you use induce these symptoms but I am also thinking that they may rather exasperate a pre-existing condition such as winter infection or such. Someone more qualified would certainly advise you better. Also, the flu like symptoms are felt with smoking cessation. You still smoke, but not much. I am guessing cigarettes may make you feel better for a little while and the symptoms come back the further away you are from the last cig, with vaping exasperation. I am strongly recommending to see a doc, and push to get the appropriate exams for diagnosis before they send you back home with only an antibiotic prescription and some mucinex... I am always scared to see the doc and frightened waiting for the results but they saved me a few times in the past. I sincerely hope you'll get better.

Reactions: Esoterica

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
my breathing is doing much better with vaping and YES I do actually see a pulmonary doctor.I just recently had a new lung function test. Cigarettes had given me COPD. Now that I'm vaping( and YES my nicotine level is higher at 18 and I sub ohm vape,)my breathing is a LOT easier. I no longer wheeze and don't require a daily inhaler. I guess it just goes to show, everyone is different... My effects are quite opposite of yours...

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
YES my nicotine level is higher at 18 and I sub ohm vape
You and several others needs to stop acting like you drip 18mg. It's very dangerous to the lung tissue to drip that high especially sub ohm. I permanently damaged my lungs because of others on this forum telling me 18mg was regular. Sssstop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread