I cannot open these sub ohm tanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Not familiar with the super tank but there has to be a part of the tank that is structurally strong enough to be able to withstand the amount of force required. I have one of my Nautilus Mini tanks that gets stuck so often I pick up the channel locks before I even try to open the damn thing! Like the old saying goes.........

A tool is only as good as the hands using it.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Personally, I wouldn't use channel locks or anything metal on the super tanks or the mini's. Reason is that 1st. the finish in them mars very easily, and 2nd the metal on the mini's is so thin you can bend them easily even if you have a towel covering the tank.
:)

Hi Sugar, I have no doubt that you are right about this particular tank :thumb: But still, every guy......and girl, needs some good tools, :lol: even for vaping - who would have thought that when we first started!?

ALL the Channellock hand tools that I bought in 1975 (my first job) are still working wonderfully . Good luck

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Not familiar with the super tank but there has to be a part of the tank that is structurally strong enough to be able to withstand the amount of force required. I have one of my Nautilus Mini tanks that gets stuck so often I pick up the channel locks before I even try to open the damn thing! Like the old saying goes.........

A tool is only as good as the hands using it.
Oh I have had my share of nautilus tanks needing that kind of help. And if the hands are young and strong its a piece of cake. If not, lots of extra ingenuity is needed.

:)

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
[QUOTE="MsShona, can't open
So what gives? Are all of these sub ohm tanks impossible to open?

Hi MsShona, Your the closest to me that I've seen here on ECF :thumbs:
If you don't have, I would take Steve's advice and get Channellock pliers - some of these devices have "issues" (like my Kanger mega with a very narrow piece of metal) that only my pliers will tighten.
Lowes carries Channellock and they will last a lifetime, are Made in the USA and made in Meadville,PA.

THE BEST TOOLS ARE MADE CLOSE TO HOME
Our tools are made with pride in the U.S.A. Founded in 1886, CHANNELLOCK, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the manufacturing of high-quality pliers and assorted hand tools. Your purchase of CHANNELLOCK® guarantees you are receiving the highest quality product available and provides support for the U.S. economy. We are proud to employ over 350 people in our Meadville, Pennsylvania, factory and we are proud to contribute to our local, state and U.S. economy. Thank you for your support of our products.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

one slip... broken tank, scratched, warped etc ... these should only be used by those who are familiar with them... hell i have a pair of vise grips etc... but none of them are touching my tanks.

you do realize this forum has international people?

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
cermaic tweezers are great using the circle part (that's what it's for) stuff you may have laying around that works well is
rubber bands use a rubber band between your hand and the tank for extra grip
Spark plug wire pullers
ph_2428.jpg

like a pair of pliers but coated in rubber

JackD1745

Jan 26, 2017
I've been vaping for about 3 years. For the bulk of that time, I used ego tanks like the Kanger Genitank and EMOW. I thought that those were very user friendly; but paled in perfomance to sub ohm setups. Last year, I got an iPV D2 with a Herakles Hydra tank. I only used it for a month or so then I found out I was pregnant so I stopped vaping. But I was never able to open that tank to change the coil. That was in early 2016.

I've since had my baby and I'm back to vaping. Since I couldn't open the Herakles tank to change the yucky coil and cotton, I brought a new tank....a Tobeco Mini Tank. The sales guy in the brick and mortar store made the assembly look so easy. It also came with an allen key. So I brought it. Of course I get it home....can't open the tank for the life of me, even with the allen key!

So what gives? Are all of these sub ohm tanks impossible to open? I would be willing to buy a third tank if it is more user friendly than these ones are.
ssame ive had this issue forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread