I CAN'T BELIEVE my doctor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
Why would anybody rely on Big Pharma products to quit smoking, especially given the extremely low success rates after 12 months? I wouldn't use ANY Big Pharma smoking cessation product, whether insurance paid for it or even if it was given to me for free.

Don't you know if Big Pharma's smoking cessation products worked, there wouldn't be one smoker leff in this country?

HighHeeledGoddess

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
I agree with the others who said to call the county health dept. There is usually 1 study or the next clinical trial going on that you could be a candidate for. I was contacted and asked if I'd like to participate in one years ago, but I said no because at that time cigarettes were still cheap enough that I didn't want to quit. Last year I started up on my PV, and the rest is history.

SpeakerPlayNet

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
USA
www.SpeakerPlay.net
Try 1-800-QuitNow telephone number - do a Google search. When I type it in I get help info for my state. I haven't called the number but you used to be able to get free patches. They have worked for me in the past (I bought them OTC at WalMart - their brand which I think is Equate) but I always went back to smoking eventually. The Ecigs I quit about 3 days after I got it and I feel pretty confident I'll never go back to smoking Tcigs.

Chris

erischilde

Nov 26, 2010
Toronto
your doctore only told you that your insurance won't cover it... she didn't say NOT to quit. maybe you should have done some homework first...
you can still quit. it's not your doctor's fault (or your insurance's) that you paid for smokes as long as you did, but didn't spend that on a quitting aide.

quit blaming others for your problem.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
your doctore only told you that your insurance won't cover it... she didn't say NOT to quit. maybe you should have done some homework first...
you can still quit. it's not your doctor's fault (or your insurance's) that you paid for smokes as long as you did, but didn't spend that on a quitting aide.

quit blaming others for your problem.

Nice, helpful attitude there! :facepalm:

Having a bad day?

Insurance companies usually won't cover medications that are available OTC unless one needs a stronger strength. They should cover Chantix, Zyban or Wellbutrin though.

Different insurance companies will only cover certain things. My insurance through the school district will not cover Chantix, Zyban or any smoking cessation product. Seems very counter productive...yet they will pay for cancer treatment etc. You can have your doc call and write letters to try to get them to cover although it has never worked for me.:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread