I cough everytime I vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirch

Oct 7, 2009
My wife is having the same issue with the VK. She has a BlueCig and doesn't cough. I refilled a SmokeAnywhere cartridge with a nicotine free blend I made until the VK showed up in the mail. It consisted of a little water, vanilla flavoring, and the Wal-Mart Humco brand of UPC Glycerin. I understand this is considered VG, and my wife has no problem with it at all, and loves all the vapor.

So, are BlueCig's made with VG or PG? If PG is the issue here, is there any way to get the cartomizers in VG instead?

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
As far as I know no you can't get them in anything but pg.

The only supplier I have seen so far is johnson creek that does reduced pg. They sell juice and supplies only.

I haven't been able to find anyone else yet. You can always buy a high level nic and break it down to the proper level with vg then add flavoring. That might work for her.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
My wife is having the same issue with the VK. She has a BlueCig and doesn't cough. I refilled a SmokeAnywhere cartridge with a nicotine free blend I made until the VK showed up in the mail. It consisted of a little water, vanilla flavoring, and the Wal-Mart Humco brand of UPC Glycerin. I understand this is considered VG, and my wife has no problem with it at all, and loves all the vapor.

So, are BlueCig's made with VG or PG? If PG is the issue here, is there any way to get the cartomizers in VG instead?

Sorry to hear that, some people are just sensitive to the PG. Steve will be getting some VG in soon from what I understand, I am looking forward to trying it myself, even though the PG doesn't bother me at all. ;) In the meantime, you can always rinse out a carto and put the VG in.

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
PLaces you can get VG are
Vermont vapor
LiquidXpress
Juicyliquid.com
midwestvapor.com ( for those do it yourselfers)
eliquidplanet
diyflavorshack
and many more you can check the VG users forum support group i think for more of them and info on what people have tried and so on
But if money is an issue before you go spending alot of money thinking it is PG try different stregths or buy some glycerin from walmart for about 3.00 and cut you carts with a combo and see if that works ( I think its wilson's gylcern?)

Rhaevyn

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Tigard, Oregon
www.myspace.com
OK I keep seeing people around here talking about "rinsing out the cart" but unless I'm completely daft (which is definitely not beyond the realm of possibility with me) I have not seen a walk through or vid. Do you just, run water through it for a bit and let it dry?

I don't want to try and pull anything out since I know the atomizer's in there all snug and built in like, and my collection is small as a beginner. I ordered some carts that I really don't like the taste of and if I could rinse them clean and fill with my favey juices that would be sweet indeed.

So, you vet types, school me pretty please :D

alsmom

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Crypton, Colorado
OK I keep seeing people around here talking about "rinsing out the cart" but unless I'm completely daft (which is definitely not beyond the realm of possibility with me) I have not seen a walk through or vid. Do you just, run water through it for a bit and let it dry?

I don't want to try and pull anything out since I know the atomizer's in there all snug and built in like, and my collection is small as a beginner. I ordered some carts that I really don't like the taste of and if I could rinse them clean and fill with my favey juices that would be sweet indeed.

So, you vet types, school me pretty please :D
good question, most of us start off vaping "cigarette" flavors, but how do you start vaping the fruit flavors when you order them in liquid form? (and I would like to say that I am starting to get the hang of it and not coughing everytime I vape) :confused:

SanMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Atlanta
You didn't state if you were vaping menthol or not, but I do know for a fact that menthol gives me a vaping cough.

I love menthol, but when I vaped it, it apparently irritated something... because anything I vapes afterwards... I was still coughing. It took like three weeks to get past the menthol cough.

Hang in there!

It's so funny, how different people are.
For me, the menthol I have is sooooo smooth, and never elicits a cough, no matter how hard I hit it.

Most anything else can, though, if I'm not careful. (18+mg, anyhow)
The coconut, which I didn't even like at first, sends me into a terrible coughing
fit, if I hit it too hard, the first few times after not vaping on it for awhile.
So I try to be more careful... since it's starting to grow on me :)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
As far as I know no you can't get them in anything but pg.

The only supplier I have seen so far is johnson creek that does reduced pg. They sell juice and supplies only.

I haven't been able to find anyone else yet. You can always buy a high level nic and break it down to the proper level with vg then add flavoring. That might work for her.

If you're just looking for VG juices, there are a number of vendors that carry or make it. ECOpure is a VG liquid, but comes in limited flavors. I think they are great though. Vermont Vapor carries a full line of VG liquid. Cignot carries the BogeTech VG. And Drew at NHaler has some "Lung" juices which I believe are VG based.

There are plenty of non-PG options that you can use to refill your cartomizers.

P.S. This is what happens when you reply without a refresh..... answer was posted a page ago! Sheeesh!

Last edited:

Rhaevyn

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Tigard, Oregon
www.myspace.com
Thanks DanF! Wow you guys are so fast, LOVE it :D

alsmom: What I have been doing is puffing the carts I don't mind so much till they start to get a bit dry, then dripping my two fave juices into them. The blend has been a nice thing. Only the carts are starting to produce less vapor now and they are also starting to taste a bit weird. Not burnt, but just ... old and the flavor isn't as mmmm YUM. It's sort of bleh. So I think it's time to start fresh and I'm going to do what DanF said. I can't wait. I'll have 9 somewhat empty carts to start on tomorrow night. *happy dance*

EDIT: 8-o

The rinsing was so easy, but I just realized I can't fill them with my intended mixture LOL. I bought some of that Glycerin from Wally World. And then I realized that my bottles don't have a way to screw the dripper part off the neck, and I don't have a syringe or any other kind of "openable" drip bottle. Oh the suspense.... hahaha

Off to a craft store tomorrow in search of a solution. I want my 50/50 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rhaevyn

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Tigard, Oregon
www.myspace.com
Just thought I'd update here - I still don't have a way to pre-mix my flavors so I'm doing the drip thing, just counting drops of each. I have to tell you, the VG is amazing! It's completely gotten rid of my dry throat and coughing and the vapor is unbelievable!

I highly recommend using this stuff for anyone who likes clouds of vapor and smoother hits. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread