Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Thanks so much, I'm excited to get it finished so it can move promptly to the shelf with the others lol.

I've been doing a lot of research into stabilizing wood as well and I should be ready to give it a shot at some point in the next couple of months
I'm the same way.I've built a few mods the last couple years,and bought a bunch more,and 99% of them just sit on the shelf.At least on the ones i built,i can look at them and say yeah i made that haha.
I looked into stabilizing wood a year or so ago when i first started seeing it used for mods,i love the look of stabilzed wood,but it looked way too involved for me to try the stabilzing myself.Some of the simpler stuff didn't seem too difficult,but the ones i like are the wood with bright colored acrylic,and they seemed way over my skill level haha.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
mBOW7T9.jpg

cofVbXq.jpg

There it is [emoji108][emoji108][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: minimalsaint

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
I'm the same way.I've built a few mods the last couple years,and bought a bunch more,and 99% of them just sit on the shelf.At least on the ones i built,i can look at them and say yeah i made that haha.
I looked into stabilizing wood a year or so ago when i first started seeing it used for mods,i love the look of stabilzed wood,but it looked way too involved for me to try the stabilzing myself.Some of the simpler stuff didn't seem too difficult,but the ones i like are the wood with bright colored acrylic,and they seemed way over my skill level haha.

LOL I've given more away as gifts than I have in my personal collection, every once in a great while I can wow the house guests with a shiny handmade thingy, but mostly they get packed up and forgotten about.
Stabilizing wood is no joke, but it's pretty simple in theory. I've assembled some things to build a vacuum jar, I've picked up an old toaster oven for curing, been playing with resin for quite some time now and I have the will, so it's bound to turn out SOME way, most likely very messy and sticky, but the worst that can happen is that I'm out a few dollars in materials, a crappy piece of wood and the knowledge of what not to do next time lol.
Adding color is quite simple, they sell all sorts of dyes, even "pearl" additives for those fancy stabilized pieces you see. I've tried with color only so far with good results (making trinkets for the kids) and I'm eager to try the pearl additives to see what's what.
I'll be sure to report my findings if I can get the resin off my hands lol!

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
Oh man, this time the plan worked as I'd originally hoped and the carbon button is born!
Sure, you can buy carbon rod, but what fun is that?
Hey @Mandro, whaddya think of MY lathe? LMAO amateur hour over here lol

Love the lathe lol
That's the method that I've been using up until now with aluminium and brass rod.

Reactions: minimalsaint

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
An idea came to me when I made my e-pipe that if you make the enclosure big enough you could store another bottle of e-liquid in a separate corner of the box and

be able to change bottles on the run or at work or any place...just in case you get busy and can't fill your bottle back up...........just a thought that mite come in

handy in certain situations................maybe an extra wick or piece of wire and a little screwdriver..........just in case of say when your traveling to hotels

or something like this kind of senarieo..............LOL..........bad speller I am..............

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
An idea came to me when I made my e-pipe that if you make the enclosure big enough you could store another bottle of e-liquid in a separate corner of the box and

be able to change bottles on the run or at work or any place...just in case you get busy and can't fill your bottle back up...........just a thought that mite come in

handy in certain situations................maybe an extra wick or piece of wire and a little screwdriver..........just in case of say when your traveling to hotels

or something like this kind of senarieo..............LOL..........bad speller I am..............
You could probably fit all that in a 1590B sized box pretty easily,they are pretty big boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread