I did it! I finally pulled the trigger on a ProVari!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillian M

Oct 18, 2013
Central MA
I bought my very first provari today! I am so very excited! I got the mini with the extension cap, a Tatroe ring so I can fit the 18650 battery, an IBTanked tank, a Tatroe beauty ring, a Jwrap, a Pila charger and all the various AW batteries to go with it. I got the silver one with the blue led. I also got the ProTank II and a ton of new juices coming. I have sooo much vapemail headed my way...

By the way, does anyone have links for replacement cartos for the IBTanked? :) :)

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
AWESOME!!!! Oh it's gonna be like Christmas when you get all that amazing vape mail! Congrats! What color did you get? How about LED color? You can get replacement cartos on the IBTanked website as well as other sites like IKenvape, Big Daddy Vapor and many more. What size tank did you get? If it's an XL tank then you will need XL cartos 45mm in length, if not an XL then standard cartos will be what you want size wise.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
Oh you are going to looooove the satin silver with blue LED! I have the same one, V2 and the same in V2.5 on its way to me. There are a lot of different types of cartos out there. You've got Boge, Smoktech and IKenvape brands. And the of course different ohm, flanged, not flanged, XL, standard...it can all be a little confusing. Best advise I've been given is to try a few of what you think you will enjoy then go from there. I know, I'm not much help, but I'm sure the others will be along soon to help better than I can.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I got the satin silver with the blue led and I got the standard 22mm tube. There are so many options out there for cartos, different ohms, flanged or not, not punched, 2 holes, 3 holes etc, I'm lost lol.

Congratulations!

With the standard height tube, you'll be using 35mm (standard height) cartos. The ones sold on the IBTanked site are Smok(tech), the other popular brands are IKenVape and Boge, each has their own fans.

Flanged vs. flangeless is personal preference, but can also be determined by the brand of cartos you like: Smoktechs are flanged; Boge are flangeless; IKenVape has both depending on the model.

The number of holes largely depends on the pg/vg ratio of the juice you vape. Vg is thicker than pg, so with a high level of vg you will want more holes.

Ohms: ProVape recommends 3.0 resistance, since it offers the choice of a broad range of settings, but you can actually use anything you like. That's the nice thing about variable voltage, you can adjust it to whatever resistance you have on hand.

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
Congratulations on your purchase, you wont regret it.

By the way, does anyone have links for replacement cartos for the IBTanked?

That depends on the height of the tank, did you buy regular or xl tube.Regular take 35mm size cartos Xl will need 45mm cartos.

An exellent way to start is to read Baditudes blog on carto tanks.

www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Also our own Princess Ocelot has written this helpful blog entry on swapping cartos.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/the-ocelot/3998-ocelot-method-carto-filling-k-upside-down-condom.html

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I got a satin silver with a blue LED too. I let my friend borrow it, probably won't be getting it back.

Provape advises using 2.5 ohm carto which are know as standard resistance, the 1.8 ohm ones are low resistance. Both can be used, just depends on what you like better. Flanged is a bit easier to use, no way you're going to accidentally push the carto in too far and have all the juice pour out. But it doesn't matter which you use with an IBTanked tank. The flange does leave a little space and if that bothers you, then use the flangeless. Since you got a 22mm standard tank, you'll be buying the standard size carto. You can use the XL ones too, the only thing is they will stick out of the top of the tank. You definitely want punched or slotted unless you are going to punch holes yourself. I'd rather not. Depending on the type of juice you vape, will depend on the holes. I usually go for 2 holes or slotted because I use dark, sweet juices which tend to clog things up quicker. If you use juice that is clearer, you could get by with one or two holes. Again, it's a matter of preference.
I got the satin silver with the blue led and I got the standard 22mm tube. There are so many options out there for cartos, different ohms, flanged or not, not punched, 2 holes, 3 holes etc, I'm lost lol.

Jillian M

Oct 18, 2013
Central MA
well after sitting by my window for an hour and a half the mailman finally came! I put the Jwrap on and filled the tank.Thanks to the awesome people on this forum I got my very first cartotank set up no problem and it's working perfectly. The IBTank is painted with scarlet and gold light swirl with turquoise caps and tip. I picked this all out because it's very similar to my sugar skull tattoo. I love it, it looks so awesome!

I want to thank ocelot, baditude and everyone else for the tips, tricks and gear advice. who knew quitting butts after almost 20 years would be this easy :) 20140106_153639-945281301.jpg

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
well after sitting by my window for an hour and a half the mailman finally came! I put the Jwrap on and filled the tank.Thanks to the awesome people on this forum I got my very first cartotank set up no problem and it's working perfectly. The IBTank is painted with scarlet and gold light swirl with turquoise caps and tip. I picked this all out because it's very similar to my sugar skull tattoo. I love it, it looks so awesome!

I want to thank ocelot, baditude and everyone else for the tips, tricks and gear advice. who knew quitting butts after almost 20 years would be this easy :) View attachment 292104

Did you need to use any special carto tools to set up the carto tank?

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I'd say yes. I haven't noticed a difference. Vapor seems the same with the same juice in either a carto tank set up or a Protank 2 type clearo.

Question on carto/clearo for my new Provari.......can I achieve similar vapor production with a carto that Iwith a cleari? If so any ideas? Don(my first and only experience with them so far) but vaping funds are on the low side since purchasing new Provari satin 2.5 green l.e.d can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread