I did it, ordered a VV and and and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
One more thing to check....and I haven't specifically noticed it on my Reomizer, but it's happened: Sometimes the holes in the legs where you put the wire is a little rough or something....anyway, when you tighten the screws down, the screws or the edge of the hole in the leg....something will cut the wire and it won't be making a good connection. Now I'm very careful to not tighten any of the screws down too tightly just in case there's a barb or something that will clip the wire. Seems to work better. I've had a couple of coils/wicks that were just perfect until I screwed them on too tightly....one side just broke. Just a thought.

Thanks for this. I did notice last night in one of my many dissections that one hole seemed to have a bit of something inside, extra little flange of metal perhaps. The hole was not perfectly round and smooth looking. I'll take a closer look at that next time I have it apart. So far, it's chugging right along flawlessly.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
So, I have another whole day behind me with the reomizer and I think I have everything under control. :p

I performed all the checks everyone mentioned. And the little bit of metal that JC mentioned and I noticed yesterday seemed to not be there today. Maybe it got dislodged when I swapped out the coil today and checked everything. I tightened the bottom about a quarter turn. Made about 6 more coils/wicks for spares (after watching Rob's video - I did mine just like that and it worked wonderfully and went very fast!). :w00t:

I did get the embroidery thread, but I didn't get around to boiling it, so I used some of the silica. It will do for now.

This thing is just fabulous! :banana:

Now, I was reading this thread about Surface RBAs for REOs and I'm a bit confused. Is there one for Minis? Will it work with the Mini that takes a 14500 battery? And if so, will it shorten the battery life more than running just a 1.7 atty? I would think if the rebuilt was about 1.7 battery life would be comparable, right?

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
The Surface is designed to fit on the aluminium Mini with the 14500s, yes. As far as I know, there are 3 RBA that can fit the mini: The Hornet from the ERA people in the Philippines, the Surface from Germany and the Achilles from Greece.

The only one that's actually (kind of) available and tested is the Hornet.

The Surface is in pre-order stage and no one has actually seen and tested it - but it is announced for next week =)

Then there is the Achilles, sometime after March, from Imeo.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Thanks, Chris. I'll be checking into these. I'm quite interested in the RBAs now and would love a pair for my Minis. :)
I got one of the Hornets (just a smaller version of the ERA) and I'm loving it. It fits on my metal Minis and on my Woodvil 2.0 and my Woodvil Minis. It is cute and works exactly like the ERA or the Reomizer. I got mine at Welcome To The Only Vapor Shop In Indianapolis And Central Indiana........ I understand a couple of other places have them, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread