I did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
Went to a vape shop this morning and got myself an ohms reader. Must admit I was a little nervous about making my first coil and mounting it on the RM2, found the wire a little fussy at first, in fact it unraveled a bit and almost got away from me. I also forgot to count the # of wraps but it came out at 1.5, I was aiming for 1.2, not the best coil out there but not to bad if I do say so myself. Mounting the coil was interesting, I think I got it in the right spot but had some difficulty with the height. I now realize it was because the 1/16 drill bit I was using only permitted it to go so low because of it's length, so I guess the height is ok as well. The second coil I made went much smoother and came out at 1.1, a stronger vape for sure. I am at 10% nic, when I make my own juice I will start out at 5%.

Forget to mention, I used the coil gizmo and 28 gauge kanthal A1, second coil was 8 wraps.

All in all a successful build for a newbie, I am pleased with the amount of vaper but the flavor not sure about, my Mini Protank 2 coils now use Koh gen do cotton wicking Iso it was difficult to tell the difference between the two. I am going to try diluting the ejuice down a bit a test again.

I want to thank everyone who has given me advise through out especially Russ ( Super X) for the great videos, couldn't have done it without those and Bill (Papa) for all the sage advise and the great conversations.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Huzzah!! :toast:

Now ya gone and done it. You took the red pill.

Now all that's left is obsessing about getting from great to perfect (plus atty options... never discount the rabbit's hole that the subject of atties can be :)).

Now, for you RM2's, you've no doubt watched super's vid(s) on building for it. The big key for coil placement is out far (as close to the edge as you can get without shorting on the cap) and right behind the air hole. Maybe try to use the Coil Master's build pin to mount the coil. It has a larger diameter .... end that helps with positioning (i.e., allows you to push evenly as well as keep the coil intact).

Congrats, tho - you've arrived, sir.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Good work bro and thank you for the props. It is pretty damn easy ain't it? I have a friend who recently moved to California (who has been running an ego setup for the last few months and smoking some cigs too) and he asked me how I get so much vapor in all my vids.

So I sent him a grand with a vector prebuilt on it, an older coil master, some 29 ga, some KGD, a couple of 1600's and a backup to a back up charger and some unflavored nic base to give it a try.

I asked him to FaceTime me when he gets the package before he gets to using it so we can go over some specifics.

Do ya think he did? Hell no. He just shot me a pic of him vaping it and the cloud. then a few days later he facetimes me and shows me that he rebuilt the vector with new duals because he burnt his wick.

Even without having two rods in there and the coils a lil messy he was vaping like a champ and I think he was pretty proud of his work. He was really diggin how simple it was.

I haven't heard from him since last week.

So that's why I wanted to make vids - to show people that if I can do this, I'm pretty sure ANYBODY who wants to can. I'm nothing special, no scientist or rockstar, I just have a camera - hell, it was an iPhone 4 back when I started to make videos, some extra time and the desire to get people over the fear of rebuilding I had before o started.

But I do vape like a rock star - from most of the pix I've seen of them vaping, I'd say I vape a hell of a lot better than a rock star.

Thanks for the props my man and anyone can feel free to graffiti (I think "tag" is the proper term) this wall of text :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread