I don't like "Electronic-Cigarette"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I agree, I too hate the connotation too. I get really annoyed when I scroll past the logo for this forum and the domain name. I never smoked cigarettes and only cigars occasionally. I vape because I like vaping not because I am trying to kick a habit.

For those, kicking the habit should also be about kicking the name too...

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
I have a friends that calls hers a smoker, I still prefer ecig, because vaporizer sounds a bit druggish, and smoker is too close to smoking cigs for me. I find it doesn't matter what you call it as long as you answer the questions people ask when they see it, explain what it is and why you chose that route.

The evic and provari do,look like they could double as a P.e.n.i.s. And I have used that joke a few times.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Sorry, to lazy to quote:

Don't take of fence to this, I'm just playing:

There is a reason I started riding a bicycle too but I don't call that "upgraded walking" or a car "get there faster device" it would be better to call a car my "sit in traffic hotbox" lmao

I'm sure if the guy who coined the term ecig invented the lightbulb he'd call it the e-sun...

Seriously though... I think we should call it something that illustrates what it does - not based on what it is replacing. But as I said before, that is an effective way to get people to transition.

I'm not sure about vaping sounding gay... But I hear you on the drug side.

Flogger, huh? Neh, it's to small for that (my pv anyway)...

In any case, fun topic, but I doubt we are going to change anything here!
It's fun going around with you guys though (lurkers... Join!) lol

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
according to my auto correct, I "cape" or "gaping". :facepalm:

before we try to come up with the "official" name for it, we should establish the "common" name. this will have more impact in grassroot level of society. people know me as a "vaper" and i "vape". first priority should be to break the idea of "smoking" e-cigarette. hence, we should be pushing the idea of "vaping" before naming other stuff. when people disassociate "vaping" from smoking, vaping "e-cig" shouldn't be a problem.

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
I'm not sure about vaping sounding gay... But I hear you on the drug side.

Not legitimately homosexual.

I'm trying to tip toe around the PC bubble here.
I meant stupid. It just sounds stupid to me. I'm a pretty foul human especially with verbiage. So... Tip toeing...

I had a hard enough time initially with the stuff resembling a digital crack pipe.

I may just not be any fun but I'm not particularly struck by the whole analog business either.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Yeah, had a laugh the other night, a couple at the craps table were vapers, and I asked them what there mod was, he goes and starts saying, this is an electronic cigarette, I immediately cut him off, and said, no, that's an Advanced Personal Vaporizer, was wondering what model and make it was. Turned out to be a Lambo 6.0 V2, and he owned a vape store in Boise. What was really strange, he and his wife were vaping and smoking cigarettes.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
As long as you use e-cigs to quit smoking you will never break the connections between the two. There is a point to why we took up vaping, right? Changing the name isn't going to put a magic barrier between the two.

I respect your perspective, but it does not represent me. That was my point.

Vape on...

P.S. Conversations like this make me laugh when Health Canada says there is no evidence to support the efficacy or use of vaping as a smoking cessation tool. Pile of closed minded numskulls, the evidence is overwhelming if you survey PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY DOING IT.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
As long as you use e-cigs to quit smoking you will never break the connections between the two. There is a point to why we took up vaping, right? Changing the name isn't going to put a magic barrier between the two.

Agree completely. When around friends that vape we all refer to it as a PV. When speaking to those that know nothing about vaping/ potential converts I use the term Ecig as they are far more comfortable with that/ helps bridge the gap in understanding vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread